• Show
Clear All

• MrDiva
    replied
    Body Language remains her best song

Leave a comment:

• mykka
    replied
    The album is quite good, shame it wasnt handed to a better singer artist instead.

Leave a comment:

• breatheonme
    replied
    This album is iconic, say what you want.

Also I just rediscovered "No More" after soooo many years. Tbfh, that song is great. Production wise it's top notch.
    Imagine Nelly Furtado singing this, it would've been a classic nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Itís #5 on PAPER Magazineís list of the 10 Top Albums of the 2010Ďs:

Heidi Montag capped off a 2000s trend of tabloid celebrities releasing music, and ushered in a 2010s phenomenon of reality stars becoming serious, multi-faceted entrepreneurs. She was ostracized for today's new normal of "famous for being famous" influencers whose careers thrive on seeking validation and altering their appearances. And her first and only full-length album, Superficial, was released in the fire of all this public scrutiny, making it both a commercial failure and a now cult favorite.

With a $2 million investment from Montag herself, Superficial was manufactured by some of the biggest producers and songwriters in pop music. She onboarded names like Cathy Dennis, who was behind Britney Spears' "Toxic" and The Runners, who'd go on to produce hits off Rihanna's Loud. She spent "entire nights and days in the studio," and sometimes cried from exhaustion. "I can't even count how many hours ó literally blood, sweat and tears," Montag told PAPER in 2018.

Though Superficial sold just over 1,000 units in its first week of release, The Hills alum's hard work made for a blueprint of all the materialistic, trash-pop that musicians like Slayyyter and Kim Petras create today. Its title track is a swirling synthesized ode to paparazzi flashes and luxury sports cars: "They just mad cause I'm sexy, famous and I'm rich," she accuses, her robotic vocals drenched in autotune.

Other highlights like "Turn Ya Head" and "Look How I'm Doin" are platinum blonde, bandage dress, bottle service club bangers, while "One More Drink" and "I'll Do It" deliver sexed up, irresistibly cheap bops. ó Justin Moran
    https://www.papermag.com/paper-top-1...641630072.html

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by lemsey
    I was talking about CBB Obviously their antics in that show were staged. I think they're a nice couple Harmlessly delusional!
    I know , but it could be the same in CBB, a staged thing. I really lost my hopes on most reality TV shows some time ago. I still watch some for the enterntainment factor tho. .

Leave a comment:

• lemsey
    replied
    I was talking about CBB Obviously their antics in that show were staged. I think they're a nice couple Harmlessly delusional!

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by lemsey
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm watching her on Celebrity Big Brother, and while she is obviously quite loathsome as a person, she seems very sweet and insecure. I don't know what she has done to herself but I feel sorry for her. People will blame Spencer for being a bad influence, but I think they both have low self-esteem, and for some reason, think everyone is out to get them
    Don't believe everyhting you see on a Reality show , the whole Spencer "being a bad influence or mean" does not exist , after "The hills" ended they and every other cast member confirmed (to the disappointment of show fans) anything on the show was real, 90% of the fights and confrontations were staged and fake, and even some relationships weren't even real.

One particular example was the whole incident where Spencer dropped Heidi out of his car, after the show ended it was confirmed it was fake / an act and they even had to do the take for around 15 times.

95% of these shows aren't real and many of the drama, problems, confrontations, etc are staged.

Leave a comment:

• kushi
    replied
    Twisted, Blackout and Fashion are actually really good. It cost her so much because she bought songs with catchy hooks.

Fashion is even so iconic that RedOne got Lady Gaga to do a cover for the Confessions of a Shopaholic soundtrack (which was more of an achievement in 2009 when people liked Gaga).

Leave a comment:

• lemsey
    replied
    Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm watching her on Celebrity Big Brother, and while she is obviously quite loathsome as a person, she seems very sweet and insecure. I don't know what she has done to herself but I feel sorry for her. People will blame Spencer for being a bad influence, but I think they both have low self-esteem, and for some reason, think everyone is out to get them

Leave a comment:

• faelwerneck19
    replied
    Superficial (Official Video)

And just when you think she has given up she goes and releases another really cheap looking video...

Leave a comment:

• DG1
    replied
    HER ALBUM IS TOTAL MESS!!! I listened to the previews on iTunes, those songs will make your ears bleed. I'm sorry for those 658 people who bought it.

So that's 658◊9.99= $6,573.42
    So approximately $1,993,426.58 to recoup

So where's it in the bubbling under, bubbling under charts?

LOL @ depending on her 1.000.000 twitter followers!!!

Leave a comment:

• djdeki
    replied
    Have you guys listened to this?
    I actually like "One More Drink" and "I'll Do It".
    "I'll Do It is really good i must say...something britney could have made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcI82wloeE

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Originally posted by BanZai
    This woman is delusional.
    Bonkers!

Leave a comment:

• Ruthymon
    replied
    Originally posted by JoshuaBuzz
    Its sad how she has to resort to name-checking Britney and Thriller in the hope of drumming up buzz for her project.

Its sad that with all her pimping herself out to the media all she had to show for it were a measly $2 milli, which is now this record we have here.

Its sad that she was counting on her 1 million twitter followers (many of whom I imagine are haters) to go out and buy this.

Its sad how she contradicts herself: she took her time, 3 years, to make this, to make sure every song was really good and this album impacts Pop history etc. And then she ditched Body Language because it was too 2009 and wanted all new, all 2010 stuff? So what happened to the stuff begun 3 years ago?
    It's very sad that she married that damn tool, Spencer. :evil:

It's very sad that she damaged herself with plastic surgery.

Leave a comment:

• Mikerocha
    replied
    Originally posted by kushi
    While Heidi's album has sold fewer than 1,000 copies, Nielsen SoundScan reports that her individual songs for sale have been downloaded on sites such as Amazon and iTunes more than 6,000 times.
    That should get her half a boob and a bottom lip.
    LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Mikerocha
    replied
    Originally posted by taxi
    After reading through the interview, I do feel sorry for her. I'm not sure if she really means all those things about "believing in this project" and "putting her heart and soul". But if she does, then I say let her keep doing music. As crap as it is, its better exercise than whoring yourself in front of every camera and going under the knife 1248612 times. If only she did not talk about how she's confident that her album will be successful. Lol, I think im the only one having sympathy for her right now. Anyway, I wish her the bests of luck in her career. Or should it be ?
    i feel sorry for her being so stupid.
    she's stuck in her little world and believes in everything her tiny brain thinks. if she has a brain

Leave a comment:

• dereon
    replied
    I feel so sorry for her.
    She's stuck in her own world.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    This woman is delusional.
    Bonkers!

Leave a comment:

• taxi
    replied
    After reading through the interview, I do feel sorry for her. I'm not sure if she really means all those things about "believing in this project" and "putting her heart and soul". But if she does, then I say let her keep doing music. As crap as it is, its better exercise than whoring yourself in front of every camera and going under the knife 1248612 times. If only she did not talk about how she's confident that her album will be successful. Lol, I think im the only one having sympathy for her right now. Anyway, I wish her the bests of luck in her career. Or should it be ?

Leave a comment:

• jpguy
    replied
    LMAO She indeed has like 1 million followers yet she couldn't even sell 1000 copies? LMAO XD

Leave a comment:

• JoshuaBuzz
    replied
    Its sad how she has to resort to name-checking Britney and Thriller in the hope of drumming up buzz for her project.

Its sad that with all her pimping herself out to the media all she had to show for it were a measly $2 milli, which is now this record we have here.

Its sad that she was counting on her 1 million twitter followers (many of whom I imagine are haters) to go out and buy this.

Its sad how she contradicts herself: she took her time, 3 years, to make this, to make sure every song was really good and this album impacts Pop history etc. And then she ditched Body Language because it was too 2009 and wanted all new, all 2010 stuff? So what happened to the stuff begun 3 years ago?

Leave a comment:

• naughty
    replied
    Her album is avarage it's not crap at all, her voice is.

Leave a comment:

• Slave
    replied
    HM: Iíve spent over a million, almost $2 million on this album. Itís cost as much or more than a Britney Spears album, because I wanted it to be that quality and to be able to get those people. My album would have cost a record label over $4 million

Hahahahahahaaha...

Leave a comment:

• crazycool
    replied
    Poor Heidi! It's good she believes so much in this project though, so good on her for having faith in it. If it's her passion, then I say just let her do it. If she's happy singing, then I say good on her. She might have delusions on how successful the album will be, but at least she's doing something.

Leave a comment:

• aishawch
    replied
    Same standard as Thriller?
    Joke of the year!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X