Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sade - Soldier Of Love

Originally posted by raarfm.com
    Sony Music has confirmed that the new Sade album will be released early next year. Her latest studio album "Lovers Rock" was released in 2000 and although it wasn't as great as "Love Deluxe" (1992) we still loved it to death.

"Smooth Operator " was released in 1984 (25 years ago already) and Sade will celebrate her 50th birthday (can you believe it) next year as well.

Of course we will keep you updated on this sensational come-back.
    I actually don't know how believable it is, as it's old news, but NothingFails stated it will happen some time around fall.
    DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

I can't wait, apparently in November. Granted, they might mean November 2033
    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Sade is set to end a 10-year album hiatus with the release of Soldier Of Love on February 8 2010.

Released via RCA, Soldier Of Love is Sadeís first official studio album since the multi-platinum release of Lovers Rock in 2000. Sade first made an impact back in 1984 with the release of the hugely successful debut album Diamond Life.

Soldier Of Love was recorded in England and produced by the band and their longtime collaborator Mike Pela.

Comment

what a beautiful cover. stunning!!!

Comment

So looking foward to this, i'm guessing it will perform far better in the US than UK though, either way i'm so ready for new sade in my life

Comment

Amazing cover
            Im dying for her songs!!!
            Pleasure over matter.

Comment

Originally posted by flowers
              what a beautiful cover. stunning!!!
              can't wait. it's incredible, 10yrs (i bet only a bigger amount of time we'll wait for a new Lauryn Hill :evil: ). So it'll be a main release in 1Q so far next year. All of her albums are amazing, of course i'm most in luv with "Ordinary Love"

Comment

I lvoe her, and it's worth waiting for the music
                Scholasboy is the nicest person in the entire world

Comment

I cant wait, She always gives us a reason to understand why she was gone for so long once we hear her albums
                  WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                  All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

10 yeas, do you guys think people still remember her?? I do Lookin' forward to this!

Comment

Of course people remember her - but more for her 80s stuff, rather than the last album.

I'm looking forward to hearing this.

Comment

I'm looking forward to her new album!
                        the cover is beautiful.
                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Great!
                          Sade's music is so enchanting

Comment

eveyrone remembers by your side...
                            Scholasboy is the nicest person in the entire world

Comment

Is that her on the cover?
                              Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

probably yes, she's on the cover
                                she's a beautiful woman
                                They can't compete with MC
                                The whole entire world can tell
                                That you love yourself some me

Comment

I LOVE it!
                                  DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

OMG! Can't wait!

that cover is lurvley!!

Comment

Tracklist
                                      1. The Moon And The Sky
                                      2. Soldier Of Love
                                      3. Morning Bird
                                      4. Baby Father
                                      5. Long Hard Road
                                      6. Be That Easy
                                      7. Bring Me Home
                                      8. In Another Time
                                      9. Skin
                                      10. The Safest Place

Source: http://rapradar.com/2009/12/20/sade-sol ... tracklist/

Reviews:
                                      http://allhiphop.com/stories/alternativ ... 68197.aspx

http://www.billboard.com/news/sade-unve ... 3759.story
                                      Emeli | Taylor

Comment

On what track does Maxwell feature?
                                        Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

the title track is amazing, what a beat!

Can't wait for Feb to get here. I've been following her since I was a young'un. I had her first three albums on cassette before I was 10

How many other 8 years olds loved Sade back then?
                                          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

I cant wait to hear this album,Sade is amazing!!!
                                            Pleasure over matter.

Comment

Sade - Soldier of Love (Epic)

By Jon Watson, Music Week

Sade Adu and her band are certain to create a quiet storm with their first album for a decade, Soldier of Love. It is what they do best. But the release does beg the question as to what changed for the band over the years, and whether one big single will be enough to draw fans back.

Sade are still one of the biggest catalogue sellers for Sony, totalling yearly figures of 250,000 without so much as a whiff of a secret gig in over ten years.

With the same line-up and a string of hits since their debut Your Love is King in 1984, this promised to be ten tracks of sultry easy listening and we are not disappointed. Sade still means heartfelt vocals, solid production and lyrics about love.

But with the release of Soldier of Love, the albumís lead single, Sade also stands for something more moody or modern. The song is drum and string section heavy, and plays on the militaristic title, with rattling snare and the imagery of survival throughout. And it certainly stands out from the rest of the material on the album, which avoids the heavy sounds of the single and is far more indicative of the bandís history.

One exception, Morning Bird, is another lovely moment where the band experiment with a more discordant intro and a arrangement that sounds like Bat for Lashes. You hear the constant moan of a cello playing in the background beneath Aduís melancholic lyrics throughout and it works. It is quite a short track, but it reminds us how talented the band really is.

Much of the album is carried by the brilliant production from the band and Mike Pela and fans are unlikely to be disappointed. They probably wonít be bothered that this album lacks the lyrical oomph of big hitters like Sweetest Taboo or Smooth Operator, because, ultimately, the album delivers the easy-on-the-ear smooth quality with which Sade made their name.

It is a very welcome return, but one that sits rather quietly in the corner.

Comment

I cant wait no more
                                                Pleasure over matter.

Comment

You've heard the lead title-track from Sade's upcoming album Soldier of Love.. Now prepare for the official video for "Soldier of Love" to premiere exactly at midnight on Monday, January 11th as we get closer to the release of the album. And of course, we will have the video posted on the site once it's up
                                                  http://www.yk2daily.net/2010/01/sades-s ... ieres.html

There is no one like me, and there never was.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X