Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (The Complete Confection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (The Complete Confection)

Katy Perry's next album: "Lovefool" meets "Into the Groove"

"The second record is really important to me because I think it shows whether I'm meant to do this, or I got lucky," Perry says. Coming off a smash hits like "I Kissed A Girl" and "Hot N Cold" and getting a platinum plaque for her debut album, the 24-year-old singer-songwriter hopes to recruit some big-name talent like Calvin Harris and Guy Sigsworth. 'I guess I'm going to take the clout I have now and go, "Yeah, I want to work with you, because you wouldn't have worked with me five years ago,' " she says, adding that she will record again with Greg Wells, Dr. Luke and Max Martin when she enters the studio early this autumn.

Perry hopes to keep an engineer on board when she travels to Europe for seven weeks this summer to play festivals. Describing the sound that she's going for, Perry says she'll "definitely keep it pop 'Love Fool' by the Cardigans meets 'Into the Groove' by Madonna but a little more meat on the bones lyrically," Perry says. I'm not just gonna talk about the beat and just dancing, I like to get into the meaning.' Perry was less forward with what the songs will be about, but did say they'd focus on the whirlwind last year of her life, to dealing with fame to friendships to her 'relationships,' likely a nod to her breakup and makeup with Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy.
    SOURCE

You are planning more singles after Waking Up in Vegas.

Katy: False. The record label mention just putting out "one of the boys" later... but i say let the radio play whatever they want off the record after this official single... but really am excited for making of new record and more new songs... I think 4 and a soft release of ur so gay as a single might be a good showing of this first record.

You will have your next album out by early 2010.

Katy: True (knock on wood) I don't wanna be under any pressure... but I am hoping for spring 2010... but at least a single will be poppin by then.
    Big.Big.Booty.

I can't wait and hopefully it's better than "One Of The Boys"

Comment

I hope it's as good as 'One of the Boys' ;)
      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Isn´t this her third album ?
        nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

The first one was Katy Hudson, so we could technically say this is the second 'Perry' album.
          Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

YES! Even if album #2 is a THIRD as good as One Of The Boys, I will love it. Katy is the best new artist of the last few years for sure IMO!

So it seems she's moving away from her more pop/rock style of music. I don't mind at all, she's a natural performer and entertainer and I think she can fit any style of music.

I think the next album should just combine what people love about OOTB, and then something new! As long as she keeps writing amazing lyrics, the new album will be incredible!

Comment

Really excited for this One Of The Boys is a fantastic album.
              i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

I wish they'd re-release "UR So Gay" before moving on
                Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

Album #2 sounds fit! And I love her comment about being a mix of Lovefool and Into The Groove "but with a bit more meat on the bones lyrically."

That's what we need - great pop with great lyrics
                  I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

She had brilliant lyrics and great music on the first album, I can't wait to see how she's grown as an artist.

Comment

I'm shocked that she dares to bring out a sophomore record. How pretentious. :-?
                      YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Loose
                        I'm shocked that she dares to bring out a sophomore record. How pretentious. :-?

Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by BanZai

I agree, what a stupid comment to make.

Can't wait for this! I hope its as good as the charming first album. It encompasses a lot of personality and is very sweet. It'll be interesting to say the least!
                          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I loved her debut album. Definetly one of my favorites from last year.
                            They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

Katy had an amazing album. Although i heavily underrated the album initially, i've fallen in love with 85% of it now.. There is scope for improvement, but i'm really hoping she sticks to her tongue-in-cheek delivery of serious stuff and lets not forget the kinky

If my guess is right, she's trying to get the Lady GaGa sound mixed with her lyrical genius and rope in some popular producers to hype the album. Good strategy!! Hoping for a few leaks before the album is actually out...

By the way, anyone here got the HQ version of Hook Up? I have a low quality demo, and it wasn't released, so i'm sure the mods wont mind me asking for this here... If anyone does, could you please PM me the link. Thanks in advance
                              This and that.. http://thesaintking.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by westhammer
                                Originally posted by BanZai

I agree, what a stupid comment to make.
                                So what!

I am aloud to say I don't welcome a new Katy Perry record, am I??

Comment

Yes

But what's so pretentious about making a second album? That makes no sense or whatsoever.

Comment

It shouldn't make sense at all, it was meant to underline my sarcasm.

Anyways... let the speculations begin, I'm outta here.

Comment

Did you not expect her to release another album?!"
                                      MadeOfBricks Chart of All Time.

Comment

It's her third actually- she doesn't want you to know about her past as a Christian singer.
                                        I very much doubt she can make anything like the two songs mentioned but at least it's a step away from ripping off Pink.
                                        Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                                          It's her third actually- she doesn't want you to know about her past as a Christian singer.
                                          I very much doubt she can make anything like the two songs mentioned but at least it's a step away from ripping off Pink.
                                          Ooh bitchy! I don't think she rips off Pink at all, in fact there's no one else out there quite like Katy Perry
                                          I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

I loved the One of The boys! I want more music please

Comment

Originally posted by theberen
                                              Ooh bitchy! I don't think she rips off Pink at all, in fact there's no one else out there quite like Katy Perry

Comment

It may be her third album, but as already pointed out, it's "Katy Perry"'s second.
                                                MadeOfBricks Chart of All Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalspy
                                                  Katy Perry has said that her second album will be a more mature effort.

The 'Waking Up In Vegas' singer revealed that she wrote her debut LP One Of The Boys as a "dear diary" recording between the ages of 17 and 23.

The 25-year-old said that she’d like her next project to be a "fun record", but also for listeners to notice her difference in age, MTV reports.

"I definitely want to make a follow-up pop, fun record. I'm not looking to alienate my fans," she explained.

"But I can't be that grown-up Shirley Temple girl wearing the stupid strawberry in her hair all the time...because I'd kill myself or someone else would for me."

Perry added that she looks forward to "evolving and changing" as a musician, and wants her next effort to reflect as much.

"So this record will be a very present record for me. It will be me now. It won't take five years - hopefully. It will be Katy Perry as a young, 25-year-old woman," she said.

The star will bring her 'Hello Katy' tour to the UK next week.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X