X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Singles Collection
    #103 United Kingdom

Comment

• I loved this whole concept for the collectors edition with all the singles with a b side and a remix
      I wish Mariah and Whitney had releases like this
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I gave a play to this today. What a flawless pop compilation / collection, the songs selection was nearly perfect, the only pointless track on it is "Radar" like really don't know what that song was doing there, but overall great solid album, this is her best compilation (miles better than Greatest hits: My Prerogative).
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
          I gave a play to this today. What a flawless pop compilation / collection, the songs selection was nearly perfect, the only pointless track on it is "Radar" like really don't know what that song was doing there, but overall great solid album, this is her best compilation (miles better than Greatest hits: My Prerogative).
          Yeah, but it was still a pointless release. She should have just re-released Circus and push the album to 2 million.
          ? Girls' Generation ?
          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• The Collector's Edition was a brilliant idea though! All of her singles!

Comment

• Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
              Yeah, but it was still a pointless release. She should have just re-released Circus and push the album to 2 million.
              Yeah I agree the release was kinda pointless and random back then. This album with this exact same tracklist plus a couple of FF singles would have been perfect to be released for her Vegas show with "Work bitch" supporting it as a single instead of releasing that studio album "Britney Jean".

However what its done its done and we can't do nothing more about it than just listening to this epic collection now. Very solid and essential pop compilation.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                Yeah I agree the release was kinda pointless and random back then. This album with this exact same tracklist plus a couple of FF singles would have been perfect to be released for her Vegas show with "Work bitch" supporting it as a single instead of releasing that studio album "Britney Jean".

However what its done its done and we can't do nothing more about it than just listening to this epic collection now. Very solid and essential pop compilation.
                I absolutely agree. She should've re-released Circus with "3" and then a GH album with 2 pre-release singles (Work Bitch, Perfume) for Vegas. Also, they should've given away the album for free if you bought a ticket like Madonna did in 2012. Sure the album would've had a massive second week drop but it would've been number one.
                ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• This is one of my most treasured collections
                  I bought the deluxe version with every single in a box
                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• If this worked it would have been hailed as a smart move by people. I think it's because even her biggest fans knew that she had released a greatest hits five years before, not to mention, Circus was not even a year old when this came out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                      If this worked it would have been hailed as a smart move by people. I think it's because even her biggest fans knew that she had released a greatest hits five years before, not to mention, Circus was not even a year old when this came out.
                      Yes. It was overshadowed by her previous (damn great compilation) greatest hits and he's, the fact that this new singles compilation contained circus hits. But I think it tiled Singles was appropriate. It was about hits. But it just never clicked with people and was seen as another "greatest" hits.

Comment

• I believe this is great catalog seller, ain't it ?

Comment

• This has nothing on her first GH though. Seriously, GH:MP is the 00's version of Madonna's TIC.

This was so unnecessary so soon after her 'comeback'.
                          Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by intosoul
                            I believe this is great catalog seller, ain't it ?
                            Not great, but it is a nice catalog seller. Her second best catalog seller (after GHMP)

According to "MjDangerous" it has sold over 1,1million units which it means it kept selling as I don't think this passed 400K on its first year of release. In the UK the album eventually reached Gold status despite failing to reach the Top 30.

Originally posted by menime123
                            This has nothing on her first GH though. Seriously, GH:MP is the 00's version of Madonna's TIC.

This was so unnecessary so soon after her 'comeback'.
                            I agree, GH:MP is miles more iconic and it was one of the last huge compilations in the music scene.

However I prefer TSC's tracklist.

Comment

• I legit wish that she included a 10 minute megamix similar to that on her first greatest hits. And included a video on the DVD too
                              And why is the “Era” thread locked?
                              What did y’all do or say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
                                And why is the “Era” thread locked?
                                What did y’all do or say?
                                It is in the chart analysis, the era is old, and sometimes mods lock old threads in that subforum and ask people to post future updates in the main chart thread for an artist.
                                Whitney Houston

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears | The Singles Collection

This was such a pointless album.
                                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I think two or three new songs would have made this a bigger success. Since "3" already went to #1, there's no way that the compilation with all old tracks would do great. I was just listening to Femme Fatale and I feel like "3" and the other Max Martin/Shellback tracks ("I Wanna Go", "Up n' Down" and "Criminal") for Femme Fatale were probably recorded by Britney at the same time period since Max said Britney flew in to Sweden to do so many songs (and there were also reports she was going to record a new studio album soon because of those sessions), I think they just saved some of the songs for the release of Femme Fatale in early 2011.

This would have been a better track listing!

1. "3" (NEW TRACK)
                                    2. "Up n' Down" (NEW TRACK)
                                    3. "Womanizer"
                                    4. "Toxic"
                                    5. "Gimme More"
                                    6. "I'm a Slave 4 U"
                                    7. "...Baby One More Time"
                                    8. "Piece of Me"
                                    9. "Oops!... I Did It Again"
                                    10. "Circus"
                                    11. "(You Drive Me) Crazy" (The Stop Remix!)
                                    12. "Stronger"
                                    13. "Me Against the Music" (featuring Madonna)
                                    14. "Everytime"
                                    15. "Overprotected" (The Darkchild Remix)
                                    16. "If U Seek Amy"
                                    17. "Break the Ice"
                                    18. "I Wanna Go" (NEW TRACK)
                                    19. "Criminal" (NEW TRACK)

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears | The Singles Collection

No, this never should have been released at all. They should have re-released Circus with two or three new songs, with 3 being the first new single. The re-issue probably would have sold more than the singles collection did.
                                      ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• One of my greatest and prized collections by any artist in my CD collection.
                                        Just dawned on me, I wish Mariah, Janet etc would do a similar concept. B Sides, official remixes etc. I would pay top dollar.
                                        I enjoyed what Toni did with her release of her first 2 eras, especially the bonus disc of Secrets!!!

Comment

• If they at least had put 1 or 2 new songs on it, I would have bought it. But only “3” was such a bad move.

I mean they could’ve simply added some leftovers from the Circus era. Or at least songs like Trouble & Quicksand.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                            If they at least had put 1 or 2 new songs on it, I would have bought it. But only “3” was such a bad move.

I mean they could’ve simply added some leftovers from the Circus era. Or at least songs like Trouble & Quicksand.
                                            I think every bonus track from the "Circus" album was better than "3" ... They got all missused and wasted as obscure minor bonus tracks.

IMO they could have reserved "Amnesia" for TSC and as the lead single from it, and she should have released two singles like she did with GH:MP with "Phonography" being the second one.

Comment

• I still think that "3" is a bop. She should’ve put one or two more new tracks on this album though like she did with "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" or Madonna did with "Celebration".

I always thought the album cover is really pretty btw. The DVD that came with the deluxe edition was a mess though.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The box set is really a good treat. Remember Britney was never a Mariah that focused on selling CD singles so the fact that JIVE made it available for a single purchase was indeed a great idea.

The annoying this I just realized is that Britney never promoted her greatest hits albums. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative had no promo performance despite selling well, The Singles Collection had no performance of "3" until the Femme Fatale tour two years later. I guess since both best of albums were released near successful album era roll outs, they just didn't bother.

Comment

• How I wish that Mariah would release all her MC30 singles as a boxset, just like Britney did with this. Cardboard sleeves in a boxset!!!
                                                  This is one of my prized collections!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X