Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it became a hit across Europe.
    People need to get over it. Or their hate for Cheryl.
    This song his better than 90% of what radio plays today.
    “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• This was a great song indeed.

Still can't get over one of the scenes in the DVD where the choreographer talks to the American dancers saying "This is important, this was a huge hit in the UK" and the dancers look at her thinking "Really? This song? A hit? ...ok"
      My Music Blog - PopStonesHeroes.com

My Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by picciottino
        This was a great song indeed.

Still can't get over one of the scenes in the DVD where the choreographer talks to the American dancers saying "This is important, this was a huge hit in the UK" and the dancers look at her thinking "Really? This song? A hit? ...ok"
        Did she ever try to crossover to America?
        ? Girls' Generation ?
        ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
          Originally posted by picciottino

Kinda but not really. Her launch the US X factor was supposed to be her initial foot in the door but Ms Simon Cowell ruined that for everybody

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
            Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
            Originally posted by picciottino

Kinda but not really. Her launch the US X factor was supposed to be her initial foot in the door but Ms Simon Cowell ruined that for everybody
            “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• this song is so bad, basic and generic, I hate it
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• A modern pop evergreen. With Bleeding Love & About You Now my 00s UK Pop trinity <3.

Comment

• I don't think she would have stood a chance to breakthrough in the US, if Nicole Scherzinger and Kelly Rowland who already made it barely impacted as solo stars there, what more for a complete nobody like Cheryl? :-? :-?

Comment

• ---

My Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha
                      Well it became a hit across Europe.
                      Forever Young

Comment

• To be honest I don't think she could be arsed to crack America. To crack the US you've got to really give it your all and do the works - radio tours are hugely important etc. Cheryl would have used the US XF as a platform, but that wouldn't have been enough.

The chances are if she were to make it over there, she'd have been known as a TV personality that sang a bit. A bit like Dannii Minogue during her time on XF UK.

Let's face it though - Cheryl doesn't even both trying to keep herself in the UK media let alone else where. She likes the simple life.
                        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by picciottino
                          Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                          What? what was your point with that "question", exactly?

Anyway, she would have had a chance with 3 Words because of Will.I.Am and that "sort of" American sound. That's it. The rest didn't make any impact. Period. Not that "making to the US" should be anyone's business or is necessary to prove something is good. I indeed think British Pop had been superior to the US based one for many many years.

I wasn't attacking the song nor her (at least not on here ) so calm down and talk about the topic.
                          What? I just asked whether the song was released in the US and if she promoted it. I wasn't attacking her. I like the song.
                          ? Girls' Generation ?
                          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• ^ completely misread that.
                            Sorry xD

My Facebook

Comment

• Comment

• Timeless piece of pop! Love this even till today she used to make great music back then.
                                Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• Parachute and 3 Words were much bigger bops

Comment

• I love this so much. Best Chezza song ever.
                                    Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru
                                      Originally posted by Mikerocha
                                      Well it became a hit across Europe.
                                      Megan Trainor songs were only released to make Cheryl and others from a few years back sound plausible
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Piccionto. Wow that was so rude! Reported!
                                        #Pray4AL6

Comment

• Happy 10th anniversary Fight For This Love <3 I can't believe it's ten years already, brings back so many memories. These were definitely happier and better times in pop music.
                                          i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• A classic.
                                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Happy 10 years, I am still a bit sad she never tried to maintain her succes in Europe, and only focused on the UK

Comment

Working...
                                              X