Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janet Jackson - Make Me

Janet Jackson Releases New Single Following VMA Performance

After paying tribute to Michael on Sunday, Janet posts uptempo 'Make Me' on her site.

By Gil Kaufman

Janet Jackson paid loving tribute to her late brother Michael at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night, dancing along with a projection of MJ as their duet "Scream" played on the big screen. The dramatic opening of the show, which included a moving speech from Madonna, was just her first tip of the fedora to Michael, though.

A short time later, Janet gave the ultimate thank you to her beloved sibling by posting a new single, "Make Me," on her Web site. The song, seemingly the first single from her upcoming album, reportedly due out in early 2010, is an uptempo dance jam with a chorus that pays loving tribute to MJ's iconic 1979 solo single "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough."

Easing up on the darker S&M themes of her recent albums, "Make Me" is a fun, breezy tune with an elastic disco beat in which Jackson teases the object of her obsession to "go on get up and shake your body," promising "we're gonna have a good time."

The chorus twists Michael's refrain into a Janet-worthy, sexy come-on, with the lyrics, "Don't stop 'til you get it up," as she entices her man to join her on the dance floor and shake it until the morning light. "Baby can you move, make me groove/ Show me what you do, make me move/ Baby can you move, make me groove/ Show me what you can do, make me move," she sings in the ear-candy hook, adding one of her signature breathy come-ons later in the tune to seal the deal. "If you feel like you can get it tonight," she coos. "But first you gotta make me say ... Oooohhh."

On her Twitter page, Jackson explained the gift-wrapped look of the "Make Me" stream on her site. "Thank u for ur endless love n support! I hope u guys enjoyed us tonight. It was very special for me n I have a very special gift for all of u."

The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards might have wrapped, but the party is far from over. Stay tuned for behind-the-scenes updates, party reports and much more.
    Source: MTV.com
    Big.Big.Booty.

Good luck JANET !!

you definitely on the right way this time round !

Comment

I really doubt that this is the new single. Has she even found a label? It's a bit funny that she would premiere a new single when she is not signed (I really don't know whether she is or not so correct me if I'm wrong). And hasn't she only recently started recording/working on the album? Or is that just with JJ and TL? So many questions.. lol
      Emeli | Taylor

Comment

i like this song, but not sure it's first single material. but anyway i don't think it even is a single, it's too sudden and random....she'll need one hell of a marketing plan with loads of hype when she decides to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by flowers
          i like this song, but not sure it's first single material. but anyway i don't think it even is a single, it's too sudden and random....she'll need one hell of a marketing plan with loads of hype when she decides to come back.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

It's not a single. Just a gift.
            Pop music = life

Comment

Shortly after performing a moving tribute to her brother Michael Jackson Sunday night (Sept. 13) at the MTV VMAs, Janet Jackson unveiled a new song on her official Web site. Entitled "Make Me," the song is believed to be the first single from Jackson's next album, due in spring 2010.

On the chorus of "Make Me," Jackson invokes her brother Michael's hit "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," from his 1979 album, "Off the Wall." "Don't stop it baby/Don't stop 'til you get it up," she sings over a disco-tinged beat.

Jackson directed her fans to the new song by posting a link on her Twitter page: "I hope u guys enjoyed us tonight," she wrote. "It was very special for me n I have a very special gift for all of u."

Earlier in the night, Jackson took the stage at the MTV VMAs in New York to cap off a dance medley in honor of the King of Pop's iconic music videos. She performed the siblings' 1995 duet "Scream" in front of a large projection of the song's multi-million dollar video, then quickly bowed before exiting the stage. The opening number also included renditions of "Thriller," "Bad," and "Smooth Criminal" and followed an appearance by Madonna, who gave a moving speech about Michael Jackson to open the MTV awards show.

Though Jackson has mostly kept quiet in the wake of her brother's June 25 passing, she recently spoke about how she has been coping in the October issue of Harper's Bazaar. "I've been doing okay," Jackson says. "Work helps focus all of that energy on something that is of value to you."
              Source: BILLBOARD
              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

This is great! I'm still bitter that "Feedback" wasn't a hit here, she deserves another big single.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                  This is great! I'm still bitter that "Feedback" wasn't a hit here, she deserves another big single.
                  and another big album, i wish she enjoyed a great comeback as Whitney!

Comment

Originally posted by flowers
                    One of Janet fan clubs is reporting that the song is not for the album, even though I love it

Anyway, we won't have a album until 2/3 2010.

Comment

It's a great track but it's NOT the first single.

Janet confirmed on Twitter just a week or 2 ago that she was only just starting the album. No single would have been picked yet. It's far, far too early!!
                      "Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!

Comment

It's a good song... Not too impressed by it.

I especially like the beginning.

Comment

According to AllAccess Janet will release an album titles: #1's on November 17th.

Maybe this is a new track that serves at the single?
                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

The song's listed under Cool New Music at AllAccess!
                            This usually means an radio adds date is announced soon!
                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

OK, officially addicted to this. Took me a few listens, but I love it now.

Could be a good single choice if from a greatest hits package. It's fresh enough but not too "try-hard" and reminiscent of old school Janet!

Comment

Yeah I love this track its so Janet. Plus I think its just a throw away track to keep fans entertained, until the big return.

Comment

Originally posted by BanZai
                                  The song's listed under Cool New Music at AllAccess!
                                  This usually means an radio adds date is announced soon!
                                  And it's listed under A&M/Interscope label so I think this may be her new label.

Comment

Darkchild produced this.
                                    You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by BanZai
                                      According to AllAccess Janet will release an album titles: #1's on November 17th.

Maybe this is a new track that serves at the single?
                                      A new Greatest Hits? That would be such a good idea! <3

I've been waiting for a new one to be updated since Design Of A Decade 1986/1996, it was after that I only really got into her music and would love all her biggest hits in one collection.

Can't wait for this new single.
                                      LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by t_dot
                                        Darkchild produced this.
                                        Hum I couldn't hear it but thought it......
                                        www.twitter.com/terrell1102
                                        http://soundcloud.com/terrell1102
                                        http://soundcloud.com/terrell1102/terre ... acris-feat
                                        #LUDACRIS

Comment

This is the first single from Janet's 30 song double album called #1's according to AOL.

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/09/14/ ... new-music/
                                          You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

This song is terrible it's not funny
                                            Forever Young

Comment

It's better than everything on her last album except for Feedback. Not bad, I'm kinda hooked on this.
                                              Early spins...

HAC: 1
                                              POP: 13
                                              URB: 11
                                              UAC: 1
                                              RHY: 21
                                              Audience: 0.444M[/b]
                                              They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

I already love it !!

I love Janet and I love Darkchild, so this is a perfect combination for me
                                                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Im not a fan of this track!!!
                                                  i Expected something like So excited!!
                                                  Pleasure over matter.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X