No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super iconic! And this album held the record of the biggest sales opening for 15 years!

Imagine if JIVE had all her 1999 to 2004 CD singles discounted to 99 cents like what Sony and Virgin did to Mariah and Janet in the nineties, Britney would have had ten number one singles from that time period (in the early 2000s) at least.

Comment

• The relevancy!

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The album is only #7 in my ranking but it’s still so damn good. Its singles are iconic, "Stronger" is one of my favorite songs of all time, she’s serving VOCALS on "Where Are You Now" and let’s not forget the holy quartet of 2000s pop bops that consists of "Don’t Go Knockin' On My Door", "(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction", "What U See (Is What U Get)" and "Can’t Make You Love Me". Also I always thought that "Girl In the Mirror" and "When Your Eyes Say It" are two underrated gems. The b-side "Walk On By" is another underrated bop.
        I love the album cover too.

And that era in general must’ve been an amazing time to be alive for Britney stans. The iconic videos, the legendary VMA performance, the immense sales, she was literally everywhere... *sigh*

The album does include my least favorite Britney song EVER though ("You Got It All") and I never really liked "One Kiss from You".

Legendary.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          And that era in general must’ve been an amazing time to be alive for Britney stans. The iconic videos, the legendary VMA performance, the immense sales, she was literally everywhere... *sigh*
          Oh trust me, you have no idea kid ... this was a huge pop era and it was amazing to be able to witness it and live it.

The moment she premiered her lead / single and music video for “Oops” was a complete event and the hype surrounding the release of her album was something crazy out of this world (there were news of people camping in front of record stores the day before her album went out in order to be the first ones to buy it ...and it managed to sell 1,3 million in US on it’s first week, something never done before by a female artist EVER, imagine the news and the press when that happened!!!)

... and let’s not even talk about the VMAs performance, I watched that live and trust me ... it was adrenalizing.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Guys even the freaking NASA tweeting not once but twice about the “Oops I Did It Again” album 20th anniversary, and even quoted part of “Oops” song lyrics

that’s insane.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• DLMBTLTK deserved Lucky’s success tbh. Immaculate song.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                DLMBTLTK deserved Lucky’s success tbh. Immaculate song.
                It deserved even better if you ask me. Such a mature song from a pop legend.
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Robotney is so iconik on the title track.
                  Originally posted by beredy
                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• This is the album that started my Britney standom. I loved the singles from her debut but the album didn't gel with me at all (I've learned to appreciate it now). I remember buying it on the way to a family picnic then being told I had to leave my portable CD player in the car... so I stayed in the car and listened to it all on my own

I've listened to it a lot recently and it really hasn't aged well but there's still an innocence to it that I enjoy. I bloody can't stand the spoken interludes and the same one is attached to about 5 different songs on Spotify. I think my favourite album tracks are probably Can't Make You Love Me and What U See (Is What You Get), either or which would have made a decent 5th single.

It's always annoyed me though how they decided the singles before the album was released and included only the lyrics to the four singles (and Dear Diary). What a way to spoiler your own album campaign!
                    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                      It's always annoyed me though how they decided the singles before the album was released and included only the lyrics to the four singles (and Dear Diary). What a way to spoiler your own album campaign!
                      I agree. This was so pointless and dumb.
                      Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

Working...
                      X