No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a lot stronger than ...Baby One More Time but a lot of the production for the songs easily got dated (and lacked that "eternal" and classic sound.

"Dear Diary" and "When Your Eyes Say It" could have been great fifth singles.

Comment

• "Can't Make You Love Me" is fire and bubblegum pop perfection.

Several songs could've been singles and pop hits but they would have also sounded way too similar to the "Oops I Did It Again" single, so I understand why they got ignored and were not released in the end. while "Oops I Did It Again", "Don't Go Knocking On My Door", "What U See" and "Can't Make You Love" follow the same vibe and style "Stronger" on the other hand was perhaps the most "different" sounding uptempo song on the album (my personal favorite on it BTW).
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Remove her worst song "You Got It All" (a vomiting today, not even the vocals can save it) and the terrible "One Kiss from You" and it would be flawless
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Ghey!... I Did It Again
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• We‘re getting a re-release!!

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• If this turns out to be true (which I’m still not convinced about), maybe we’ll get some other reissues for her other albums too!

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Side A:

1. Oops!...I Did It Again (Ospina's Deep Club Mix)
                  2. Lucky (Jason Nevins Mixshow Edit)
                  3. Stronger (Mac Quayle Club Mix)
                  4. Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know (Hex Hector Radio Mix)

Side B:

1. You Got It All
                  2. Girl in the Mirror
                  3. Heart
                  4. Walk On By

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/release...ritney-spears/
                  Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri March 6th, 2020, 15:37.

Comment

• The songs on the SIDE B of that release are already all on my Oops album Except for Walk on by.

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

• “Oops I Did It Again” is IMO a perfect pop era and one of the greatest ones in the pop scene.

Killer album, 3 great pop singles, stunning music videos, pretty nice cool tour, Iconic and epic VMAs performance, good reviews from critics (critical success) and massive all-time global type of success (Diamond in USA).

It exceeded in terms of quality, commercially-wise, image, presentation, impact, promotion, etc.

It was the biggest female album from the year 2000 , the second biggest album from the 2000s decade (only behind Norah Jones’ debut) and the 4th biggest female release since 2000 up until now (2020) (only behind Norah’s debut and Adele’s albums “21” and “25”).

Critically-wise it still remains as one of the better reviewed Bubblegum Pop / Teen-Pop albums ever and got Grammy nominations (being a Bubblegum album back when Grammys were more demanding than they are these days, she was competing with Steely dan, Don Henley and Madonna in the Pop album category).

The album was a true global event having success in every continent from North American to Europe to Oceania and Asia and Latin America. While all the music videos had massive impact in the final stages of the Mtv golden era.

The lead single is an iconic pop song today with very solid catalogue streaming activity and legacy.

What a great chapter in pop music.
                              Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat May 16th, 2020, 18:21.
                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Pop music wouldn't be the same without this sweet and fun album... Happy anniversary !
                                If you have 15 minutes, I would love to have your feedback on a short EP I just released on Spotify.

Comment

• Super iconic! And this album held the record of the biggest sales opening for 15 years!

Imagine if JIVE had all her 1999 to 2004 CD singles discounted to 99 cents like what Sony and Virgin did to Mariah and Janet in the nineties, Britney would have had ten number one singles from that time period (in the early 2000s) at least.

Comment

• The relevancy!

Comment

• The album is only #7 in my ranking but it’s still so damn good. Its singles are iconic, "Stronger" is one of my favorite songs of all time, she’s serving VOCALS on "Where Are You Now" and let’s not forget the holy quartet of 2000s pop bops that consists of "Don’t Go Knockin' On My Door", "(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction", "What U See (Is What U Get)" and "Can’t Make You Love Me". Also I always thought that "Girl In the Mirror" and "When Your Eyes Say It" are two underrated gems. The b-side "Walk On By" is another underrated bop.
                                      I love the album cover too.

And that era in general must’ve been an amazing time to be alive for Britney stans. The iconic videos, the legendary VMA performance, the immense sales, she was literally everywhere... *sigh*

The album does include my least favorite Britney song EVER though ("You Got It All") and I never really liked "One Kiss from You".

Legendary.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                        And that era in general must’ve been an amazing time to be alive for Britney stans. The iconic videos, the legendary VMA performance, the immense sales, she was literally everywhere... *sigh*
                                        Oh trust me, you have no idea kid ... this was a huge pop era and it was amazing to be able to witness it and live it.

The moment she premiered her lead / single and music video for “Oops” was a complete event and the hype surrounding the release of her album was something crazy out of this world (there were news of people camping in front of record stores the day before her album went out in order to be the first ones to buy it ...and it managed to sell 1,3 million in US on it’s first week, something never done before by a female artist EVER, imagine the news and the press when that happened!!!)

... and let’s not even talk about the VMAs performance, I watched that live and trust me ... it was adrenalizing.

Comment

• Guys even the freaking NASA tweeting not once but twice about the “Oops I Did It Again” album 20th anniversary, and even quoted part of “Oops” song lyrics

that’s insane.

Comment

• DLMBTLTK deserved Lucky’s success tbh. Immaculate song.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                              DLMBTLTK deserved Lucky’s success tbh. Immaculate song.
                                              It deserved even better if you ask me. Such a mature song from a pop legend.
                                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                              X