No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I had to count the amount of times I’ve heard the “Oops!... I Did It Again” title in all its variations used in a news headline relating to Britknee, we would be here forever.

You can’t come up with a more iconic phrase.
    Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney
      If I had to count the amount of times I’ve heard the “Oops!... I Did It Again” title in all its variations used in a news headline relating to Britknee, we would be here forever.

Could be worse - she could be known as ‘Toxic Brit’
      M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney
        If I had to count the amount of times I’ve heard the “Oops!... I Did It Again” title in all its variations used in a news headline relating to Britknee, we would be here forever.

But Britney did come up with a more iconic phrase! IT'S BRITNEY BITCH!
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy
          Originally posted by Goldmoney

But Britney did come up with a more iconic phrase! IT'S BRITNEY BITCH!
          Well... not exactly
          M08T10

Comment

• According to Billboard, "Oops I did it again" is the 33rd Best Music Video of the 21st Century.

BILLBOARD: The 100 Greatest Music Videos of the 21st Century: Critics' Picks

33. Britney Spears, "Oops!... I Did It Again" (dir. Nigel Dick, 2000)

Source: Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... st-century
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• [tweet:3n0amja9]https://twitter.com/wmag/status/1027883508931342336[/tweet:3n0amja9]
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Don’t go knocking on my door and What U See were also clearly single contenders.
                However, they lack that « eternal sound » that the other singles have. DGKOMD sounds very 00s , so does What U See, and I think they wouldn’t have stood the test of time.

Comment

• I always wondered if Britney is talking to herself on the phone at the very end of Don’t go knocking on my door
                  The voices sound the same

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                    Don’t go knocking on my door and What U See were also clearly single contenders.
                    However, they lack that « eternal sound » that the other singles have. DGKOMD sounds very 00s , so does What U See, and I think they wouldn’t have stood the test of time.
                    Can't make you love me sounded like a hit to me too

Comment

• This was a lot stronger than ...Baby One More Time but a lot of the production for the songs easily got dated (and lacked that "eternal" and classic sound.

"Dear Diary" and "When Your Eyes Say It" could have been great fifth singles.

Comment

• This was a lot stronger than ...Baby One More Time but a lot of the production for the songs easily got dated (and lacked that "eternal" and classic sound.

"Dear Diary" and "When Your Eyes Say It" could have been great fifth singles.

Comment

• "Can't Make You Love Me" is fire and bubblegum pop perfection.

Several songs could've been singles and pop hits but they would have also sounded way too similar to the "Oops I Did It Again" single, so I understand why they got ignored and were not released in the end. while "Oops I Did It Again", "Don't Go Knocking On My Door", "What U See" and "Can't Make You Love" follow the same vibe and style "Stronger" on the other hand was perhaps the most "different" sounding uptempo song on the album (my personal favorite on it BTW).
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Remove her worst song "You Got It All" (a vomiting today, not even the vocals can save it) and the terrible "One Kiss from You" and it would be flawless
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Ghey!... I Did It Again
                              Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• We‘re getting a re-release!!

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• If this turns out to be true (which I’m still not convinced about), maybe we’ll get some other reissues for her other albums too!

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Side A:

1. Oops!...I Did It Again (Ospina's Deep Club Mix)
                                      2. Lucky (Jason Nevins Mixshow Edit)
                                      3. Stronger (Mac Quayle Club Mix)
                                      4. Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know (Hex Hector Radio Mix)

Side B:

1. You Got It All
                                      2. Girl in the Mirror
                                      3. Heart
                                      4. Walk On By

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/release...ritney-spears/
                                      Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri March 6th, 2020, 15:37.

Comment

• The songs on the SIDE B of that release are already all on my Oops album Except for Walk on by.

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

• “Oops I Did It Again” is IMO a perfect pop era and one of the greatest ones in the pop scene.

Killer album, 3 great pop singles, stunning music videos, pretty nice cool tour, Iconic and epic VMAs performance, good reviews from critics (critical success) and massive all-time global type of success (Diamond in USA).

It exceeded in terms of quality, commercially-wise, image, presentation, impact, promotion, etc.

It was the biggest female album from the year 2000 , the second biggest album from the 2000s decade (only behind Norah Jones’ debut) and the 4th biggest female release since 2000 up until now (2020) (only behind Norah’s debut and Adele’s albums “21” and “25”).

Critically-wise it still remains as one of the better reviewed Bubblegum Pop / Teen-Pop albums ever and got Grammy nominations (being a Bubblegum album back when Grammys were more demanding than they are these days, she was competing with Steely dan, Don Henley and Madonna in the Pop album category).

The album was a true global event having success in every continent from North American to Europe to Oceania and Asia and Latin America. While all the music videos had massive impact in the final stages of the Mtv golden era.

The lead single is an iconic pop song today with very solid catalogue streaming activity and legacy.

What a great chapter in pop music.
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat May 16th, 2020, 18:21.

Comment

• Pop music wouldn't be the same without this sweet and fun album... Happy anniversary !
                                                    The Underground Crooner on Spotify.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X