Mariah Carey - Rainbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know about Dolly either...

But I would never call my album Rainbow. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by therealestMC

Yep I edited that post and removed it before. I wanted to change it. I do that from time to time. Or to conserve posts I remove them
      "I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I知 going under..."

Comment

Loving Heartbreaker and the video right now.

Comment

This album would have been huge if her record company would have believed in her... But Butterfly was an indication that sony's priorities in terms of marketing had changed! They "couldnt take that away" though... Her ability to shine and stay relevant in all of the eras! THE VOICE!
          If between "Born This Way" and "Express yourself" one song is reductive then I easily choose EY!

Comment

Listening to BLISS over and over again lately!!!!

Comment

Loving Heartbreaker and the video right now.
              Me too!!!
              "Heartbreaker you got the best of me...." Love it!!!

Please go back to making songs like this!!

Comment

Originally posted by mimifan09
                Please go back to making songs like this!!
                a true word.

I still think its funny how she tried to convince the public that this is an AC album by performing Petals at the Rosie O'Donnel show.
                My Chart

Comment

Yeah, but she performed the "Heartbreaker" remix on Oprah with Da Brat and Missy Elliott. How ridiculous. I don't think a lot of Oprah's fanbase are quite into that kind of music. She did perform "Can't Take That Away" as well though I suppose.

I want to know why Mariah only went on the show once before her divorce and vocal decline. She could have made an appearance on the show in late 1995 and performed "Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day", along with Boys II Men, whilst both songs were in the Top 3 of the Hot 100. That would have been incredible.

Plus I'd have loved to see Oprah attempting to sing along to "Fantasy".

Comment

^She thinks she knows the words to every song.

I love the Homecoming performances from this era. Even though some are lipsynched, she gave actual performances by dancing around and interacting with the kids. Plus she looked great.

Comment

I love it when Oprah gets emotional and tries to sing along when Mariah Performs!!

Oprah singing Fantasy! LOL Sambo that's hilarious

Imagine Oprah singing Up Out My Face!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                        Or 'Emotions'.

Comment

Originally posted by pollei
                          Or 'Emotions'.
                          She did actually appear on Oprah during the "Emotions" era but didn't sing "Emotions". :(

Comment

What did she perform?

Comment

i love bliss its such an amazing record and this album may be 1 of her worst due 2 x gf etc but it sure has some great gems here 2
                              Proceed with Caution

Comment

I love Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Flopp) Live on VH1 divas... Even if she lipped it too hell.

Comment

This is a weird album; some of the tracks are really good, while there rest are extremely trashy they're pretty unlistenable

The good ones: Thank God I Found You, Heartbreaker, Can't Take That Away, Bliss

How Much and X-Girlfriend are bearable. Petals are okay. The rest sound like what she did before.

Did I Do That is the worst Mariah's song ever. I love Don't Stop and I adore Boy (I Need You) but I just can't stand this song!

I think the album did well thanks to Heartbreaker, which was a big worldwide hit. It was a hit around not long before Christmas, I think, hence the big impact it made on the album's sales.

Comment

What did she perform?
                                    Vision Of Love
                                    If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...

Comment

Originally posted by MCC4Life
                                      What did she perform?
                                      Vision Of Love
                                      ...and "If It's Over".

Comment

Yeah, but she performed the "Heartbreaker" remix on Oprah with Da Brat and Missy Elliott. How ridiculous. I don't think a lot of Oprah's fanbase are quite into that kind of music. She did perform "Can't Take That Away" as well though I suppose.

I want to know why Mariah only went on the show once before her divorce and vocal decline. She could have made an appearance on the show in late 1995 and performed "Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day", along with Boys II Men, whilst both songs were in the Top 3 of the Hot 100. That would have been incredible.

mariah should have gone to oprah when fantasy was about to drop from #1... how great would it have been, had fantasy spent 9 weeks at #1 and would have been surpassed by osd..
                                        My Chart

Comment

This album makes me sad. To me it was the last time Mariah Carey was Mariah Carey

Two epic flopps rolled on by but then one of her best selling albums came on by! Followed by an Underperformed one then the biggest fail of her career

Rainbow although rushed and not her best holds a special place in my heart because of the fact it was the last time Mariah Carey said goodbye to her legacy with Sony/Columbia.

I wonder if things would have been different if she never went to virgin and somewhere else?

Comment

Just rediscovered How Much with Usher. I don't get the hate for this song! It's incredibly cute and not even immature! It would have worked well as a single. I mean she was only 29 when this album came out so she still had a chance to be young. She would only start writing lame and tacky lyrics until she was in her late 30's. I dont think this is her worst album anymore.

Comment

Just rediscovered How Much with Usher. I don't get the hate for this song! It's incredibly cute and not even immature! It would have worked well as a single. I mean she was only 29 when this album came out so she still had a chance to be young. She would only start writing lame and tacky lyrics until she was in her late 30's. I dont think this is her worst album anymore.
                                              you go gurl.

I think we know what her worst album is now.

Comment

Hey. X-Girlfriend, whatever your name is, I'm really not amused 'cause the things you do are very offensive and sometimes straight up rude!

Comment

I just saw that Dolly also has a song called "Heartbreaker"! DEAD.

Originally posted by RightToDream
                                                  Hey. X-Girlfriend, whatever your name is, I'm really not amused 'cause the things you do are very offensive and sometimes straight up rude!
                                                  HAHAHAHA! Loves it.

Anyway, I re-discovered "How Much" too. I'd forgotten how much I like it. Usher gets lost but still, the song is cool. Another random fact: Jay & Bey used the same sample on their duet "Bonnie & Clyde".
                                                  If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...

Comment

^ Yeah, I remember trying to tell some stubborn fan back in 2006 that Jay-Z and Beyonc did not sample Mariah's "How Much" in their duet.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X