X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Still not on iTunes or streaming services. A joke.
      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
        Still not on iTunes or streaming services. A joke.
        A damn mess.

Last year on the anniversary, there was a small bump in sales simply due to the anniversary chatter:

Glitter was one of her best catalog sellers last year. [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] do you have an estimate for how much it actually moved?
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• #JusticeForGlitter2.0 commence!
          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• I've been listening to Glitter lately and I have to say that it's an AWESOME record. I cannot believe it flopped.
            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
              I've been listening to Glitter lately and I have to say that it's an AWESOME record. I cannot believe it flopped.
              It really is. I've gained new appreciation for some of the songs.

Her vocals on this record are also top notch

Comment

• Chile I’ve been listening to this album like it’s new. It didn’t deserve to flop like that AT ALL. Bitches really wanted my good sis to fail. Even the photoshoots were bomb.

Comment

• Marchum
                  Marchum commented
                  Editing a comment
                  YES

• Today is the 19th (!!!) anniversary of Loverboy

Comment

• Just watched Glitter again. I haven't seen this movie since 2002. It's just so badly done, Mariah didn't even look like she was in the eighties. Well, none of the characters looked like they were in the eighties, and this was supposed to be set in the early eighties! Also, she does this resting bitch face every time, I mean, she has the same shady expression in every scene.

I cannot get over that confrontation between Max Beesley and Da Brat which was the most unrealistic scene ever, imagine if he tried to do that to Da Brat in real life, she would have pulled a Solange in that limo.

As for the music, it's definitely one of her strongest albums, it's definitely better than Rainbow and most of her 2000s albums. "Want You" should have had a music video, it's one of the best along with "Reflections". I used to adore "Never Too Far" but it's the weakest ballad to me now, even "Twister" grew on me while watching the movie again.

I just realized they could have just made this a musical (full performances for the songs) but they chose it to be Mariah's The Bodyguard meets A Star Is Born.

Comment

• Does anyone here prefer the intended 'Firecracker' sample over Cameo's 'Candy' (on Loverboy)?

Sooooo much better than the end result. Not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfSpear View Post
                      Does anyone here prefer the intended 'Firecracker' sample over Cameo's 'Candy' (on Loverboy)?

Sooooo much better than the end result. Not even close.
                      I prefer the version with Cameo.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I prefer the Cameo version too, the Firecracker sample sits better on I’m Real for me.

I recently watched the movie for first time... phew, I can see why it nearly ended her

Comment

• Although Mariah is not a great actress, I actually like the movie.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• It was on this day in 2001 that Mariah signed the Virgin deal that brought us Glitter

Comment

• "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On"
                              "All My Life"
                              "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life"
                              "Want You"

Some of her funkiest work ever. I still think she should record a whole album of funk-rooted dance music like this
                              The sands of time fade into dark
                              Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                              A message to madness
                              Feel music that's realness

Comment

Working...
                              X