No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Glitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it would have been a moderate selling album if she just made Glitter as a video anthology tribute to the eighties instead of a movie. I wonder why she and Virgin thought that Glitter would perform well considering how bad the whole film looked. She could have done music videos for at least half of the songs on the album since she was extremely passionate about bringing the eighties back despite being advised by her label not to do so.

Comment

• ^ It's has always been unfathomable to me, how the powers that be didn't shutdown that movie. It was just so bad, I think the worst celebrity vanity project ever made.

I love the soundtrack though, played the hell out of that CD upon release. A travesty that she literally killed it, I'm hoping it makes its way back to digital or streaming at some point.

Comment

• Comment

• Today marks the 18th Anniversary of the album!
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• We need a re-release for the anniversary, would be a hit with the lambily. Even if this was a limited release via her web store. An overpriced version with a unreleased song or demo would probably really do well.

Side note, I still can not download the digital copy I purchased on iTunes. I have the CD, but a proper digital copy would have been nice, wish I had downloaded immediately after purchase. This is an unusual situation, generally if licensing issues creep up on a digital product (game, movie, etc.) those that already purchased can still download.

Comment

• See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans

Comment

• Still not on iTunes or streaming services. A joke.
                Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                  Still not on iTunes or streaming services. A joke.
                  A damn mess.

Last year on the anniversary, there was a small bump in sales simply due to the anniversary chatter:

Glitter was one of her best catalog sellers last year. [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] do you have an estimate for how much it actually moved?

Comment

• #JusticeForGlitter2.0 commence!
                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• I've been listening to Glitter lately and I have to say that it's an AWESOME record. I cannot believe it flopped.
                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                        I've been listening to Glitter lately and I have to say that it's an AWESOME record. I cannot believe it flopped.
                        It really is. I've gained new appreciation for some of the songs.

Her vocals on this record are also top notch

Comment

• Chile I’ve been listening to this album like it’s new. It didn’t deserve to flop like that AT ALL. Bitches really wanted my good sis to fail. Even the photoshoots were bomb.

Comment

• Marchum
                            Marchum commented
                            Editing a comment
                            YES

• Today is the 19th (!!!) anniversary of Loverboy

Comment

Working...
                          X