Britney Spears - Lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney Spears - Lucky

This is my fave Britney's ballad ever. So cheesy but i don't care, i just really love it. This was what made me a fan of her (Britney was the first ever artist that i became a fan, even before Mariah!!!) The music video is also very cute! A good but a bit embarrassing childhood memory!

video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQiAfQ8erU

OMG, 11 Years ...
    Lucky - My All-Time Britney's Song #1.
    I Like Amazing Video With Two Different Britney.(Especially 'Actress Lucky' Image)
    #1 Video.
    Heidi Range - Change Your Wicked Ways
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XpC8BEE1I
    Heidi Range, you are my angel and I love you.

Comment

Loved this song. ONe of my favorite from her second album.

Comment

My brother loves this song!

Comment

One of her best singles indeed! <3

Comment

A forgotten gem, I still really like this!

I always remember her on Top of The Pops performing it 'live' and the funny faces she was pulling Especially at around 2:55, check it out:

http://youtu.be/savLj5BOqTc
            Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

I can't decide whether this or "I'm Not A Girl..." is her most irritating song.
              I hate it with passion

Comment

Originally posted by Frederic
                One of her best singles indeed! <3
                Yay, it's still my fave ballad from her!

Comment

Her cheesiest song ever!

Comment

This song turned out to be pretty prophetic!
                    My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                      Almost all her "character" songs did! The others are "Cinderella", "Overprotected" and "Mona Lisa". You should hear those! It's like a foreshadowing of some sort! :-?

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                        Almost all her "character" songs did! The others are "Cinderella", "Overprotected" and "Mona Lisa". You should hear those! It's like a foreshadowing of some sort! :-?
                        Mona Lisa is a self fulfilled prophecy...

Now see everyone's watching, as she starts to fall
                        They want her to break down
                        There will be a legend of her fall

!!!
                        My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Mona Lisa is a self fulfilled prophecy...

Now see everyone's watching, as she starts to fall
                          They want her to break down
                          There will be a legend of her fall

thats spooky!

I wouldnt consider this a ballad, its midtempo.
                          Anyway its one of my favorite britney singles, but i often forget about it alot.
                          !!!
                          CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

14 years and 4 days ago Britney released "Lucky", The Max Martin bubblegum song served as the Grammy nominated and blockbuster "Oops I did it again" album second single. "Lucky" is about a glamorous star that despite fame, wealth and beauty feels lonely and unhappy, it became Spears' first song about fame.

The song failed to reach top 20 in the US (stalling closely at #23) however it reached the top 10 in around 15 other countries, hitting #1 in Germany, Austria, Sweden and Switzerland, its considered one of Britney's biggest european hits and also topped the former European hot 100 singles charts. Taylor Swift eventually covered the song on her "Speak now world tour".

Happy 14th anniversary to "Lucky" !
                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Still cannot believe this went #1 in Germany

Comment

I wish she revamped her old songs, I don't mind if she pre-records just as long as she gives a different take of her old singles. I remember when she changed "...Baby One More Time" during the In the Zone era.

Comment

I know it's not as grand as some of her bigger budget projects, but I always loved the video for this. She looked so pretty!
                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                    I know it's not as grand as some of her bigger budget projects, but I always loved the video for this. She looked so pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by larces
                                      Still cannot believe this went #1 in Germany
                                      Britney was pretty massive in Germany during the Oops! era, if I remember correctly the album sold more there than in the UK.

-----

I remember MuchMusic playing the video nonstop that summer, good memories.

Comment

I don't get why people think this song is so bad tbh, she's had WAY worse songs then this one

The video is cute!

EDIT: Ever since I posted in this topic, I've had this song in my head and I haven't heard it for ages...
                                        I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty
                                          I don't get why people think this song is so bad tbh, she's had WAY worse songs then this one
                                          People consider it cheesy, and ironically back then as a child I also felt it cheesy, however now that I'm grown up I perceive the song differently, I understand now that she was 18 when the song came out (which means she was 17 when she recorded it), it was early 2000 and she was a huge icon that was a teen star, releasing perfect polished bubblegum tunes for her legion of kids and teenager followers. It just fit with what and who she was at that time, so I get that now.

The song was also subconsciously profhetic eventually, after all she went through we could say that "Lucky" is now herself, she gave life to that miserable concept about glamour, fame and its loneliness behind closed doors. So I find it to be just cute-ish now and one of the songs from her golden period.
                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

This is like my first memory of her. I think I remember a making of the video special or something on it. It was big via Nickelodeon.

Comment

I can not stand this song. For me this goes next to "Don't let me be the last to know" as her worst single.
                                              Uk the only way

Comment

"Don't Let Me Be the last to Know" was amazing! She actually promoted it as her second single in TRL when she did the Oops!...I Did It Again promo saying that it will have an Arabian Nights theme with the magic carpet and all.

"Lucky" is good but it's so cheesy!

Comment

"Don't Let Me Be the last to Know" was amazing! She actually promoted it as her second single in TRL when she did the Oops!...I Did It Again promo saying that it will have an Arabian Nights theme with the magic carpet and all.

"Lucky" is good but it's so cheesy!
                                                  Don't Let Me Be the last to Know is amazing, it has always been one of my favorites on Oops. I used to love Lucky it was such a huge hit when I was a child. I never listen to it cause I find it cheesy but I like it cause of the great memories
                                                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Working...
                                                  X