• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GetBack
    Her cheesiest song ever!
    And then along came Shitty Girls!
    #Pray4AL6

Comment

Sure it's cheesy, but not in a bad way. I still enjoy listening to it.
      ? Girls' Generation ?
      ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

This is a little cute and weird song. It is indeed cheesy but I started liking it more as soon as I could connect the theme of the song to her career after her breakdown.

The music video is quite fun. This was a big international hit for her (espcially in Europe) and its part of her classic vintage period.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

It's so utterly crappy that it's really iconic and GREAT .
          It's so 2000s britney!
          And a #1 in Germany! Huge

Comment

Originally posted by MrDiva
            It's so 2000s britney!

+1

... Yeah it was a big #1 hit in Germany and ranked as the 10th biggest hit of the year on the German year-end chart. It may be the only market where this song was a bigger hit than "Oops I did it again" which peaked at #2 and ranked at #15 on the year end chart there.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix
              Originally posted by MrDiva
              It's so 2000s britney!

+1

... Yeah it was a big #1 hit in Germany and ranked as the 10th biggest hit of the year on the German year-end chart. It may be the only market where this song was a bigger hit than "Oops I did it again" which peaked at #2 and ranked at #15 on the year end chart there.
              I live here and... let me tell you: Everybody knows it.

Comment

I use to hate this with a passion, my sister had this little radio that came in a cereal box. It played a portion of Lucky every time you pressed the button on it. OMG, it was constantly going, so put me right off the song.
                I rediscovered it s few years ago though, and I love it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller
                  I use to hate this with a passion, my sister had this little radio that came in a cereal box. It played a portion of Lucky every time you pressed the button on it. OMG, it was constantly going, so put me right off the song.
                  OMG
                  #Pray4AL6

Comment

I think this came from a sincere place and somewhat an oracle of the events occurring in the years following.
                    You ain't gotta break down,
                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Happy 19th Anniversary to "Lucky", one of Britney's golden and global early days hits!

Comment

An iconic bop which is so underrated in this fanbase these days. How it predicted her future (and it’s just one of many songs that did) is kinda scary.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                          An iconic bop which is so underrated in this fanbase these days. How it predicted her future (and it’s just one of many songs that did) is kinda scary.
                          What happened to Britney in both her career and personal life adds to her appeal and legacy in pop culture. Beyoncé and P!nk may be far more acclaimed and successful in being more current but they are more of entertainers than pop culture figures.

Comment

Funny enough, it was the second single from her debut and sophomore that made me start liking the era.
                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I've been playing this one a lot this week.
                              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [100-96]

Comment

Working...
                              X