Kelis - Milkshake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelis - Milkshake

This is her first single off of her upcoming album "Tasty". It's produced by the Neptunes and it's an ok track to me. You can listen to it here...

http://www.gigiproductions.com/ultim.../milkshake.ram

I've downloaded "Milkshake" already and I think it's wicked. I also think her song "Finest Dreams" with Richard X is great.
    I'm giving you the RED LIGHT!

Comment

I don't like it
      Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
      2. Ugly Betty
      3. Six Degrees

Comment

Never one to beat around the bush, innit!

Comment

Wooo, I love this song, its just kinda different from the other stuff around at the moment, you can download it from mp3sfinder as well !

Comment

I like this song but I think it's gonna be fairly big in the clubs but not make it commercially. From what I have heard of Kelis' newer stuff I do reckon she needs to change her sound. It's still the original Neptunes sound which got tired a long time ago.
            from
            CRAIG (CJ)
            (soul/R&B/hip hop moderator)

Comment

I'm not sure about this yet, or the Richard X track, they both take a bit of getting used to.

I'm not keen on her track with P Diddy either, but the new version of Popular Thug with Nas is hot!
              1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Is the version of Popular Thug you're talking about the one on MP3sfinder? If it is, I don't think much of it.

Oh and her track with Diddy, is that being released as the dance version (the only version I've heard) or is that a remix of an urban edit?
                from
                CRAIG (CJ)

Comment

Aparantly it is being released as that dodgy dance track, a shame, I like Diddy's usual style, it's quite raw but mainstream at the same time, this track's just bleugh!

Comment

I remember getting stuck on "Popular Thug" when I got Kelis' second album... I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBadBoi
                      I don't like it
                      not to be rude, but if BBB doesn't like it, that probably means that i will love it! i have been listening to the young-n-fresh-new remixes, and i quite enjoy them. although i am a little concerned she's still working with those same old neptunes...
                      http://navelgazing101.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBass
                        Originally posted by BronxBadBoi
                        I don't like it
                        although i am a little concerned she's still working with those same old neptunes...
                        From RollingStone.com:

Unlike Kaleidoscope and Wanderland (available as an import), which bare the Neptunes' heavy influence, Tasty incorporates a wider production palette. Kelis has completed about twenty songs, including five with Raphael Saadiq (Tony! Toni! Tone!, Lucy Pearl), a few with Dallas Austin (Monica, Madonna), one titled "Guilty Girl" with her new manager P. Diddy, and another called "Running Mate" with Timbaland. Kelis also worked with Dame Grease, known for his work with DMX, on "Stick Up" and "Everyday Story." "He really brought it," she says.

Comment

Well I've listened a few times today and it's really grown on me! And if Raphael has anything to do with it then the album will be hot!

Comment

good to see our girl branching out a bit, but hopefully the album won't sound "too american". however, an entire album produced by the neptunes would be a little tired in 2003, don't you think?

she should work with guy sigsworth (baz, frou frou)!
                            http://navelgazing101.tumblr.com/

Comment

Ooo, I've just heard this one on the radio. Me likes it
                              I laugh more than I cry
                              You piss me off, good-bye

Comment

I spose by releasing a Neptunes produced track first it kinda reintroduces us to a familiar Kelis before heading off into different sounds.
                                from
                                CRAIG (CJ)

Comment

I'm really liking this song right now... it's just so infectuous, it sticks in my head!
                                  Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

this is a brilliant track, great production and provoctative vocals...ahhh kelis we know and love!
                                    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

It's annoying catchy. A little off it, been hearing it to death. :-?
                                      ~ Wht Plnt r Y Frm? ccse M f Thngs Tht Nvr Dne ~

Comment

what is she actually talking about doing?

Comment

Originally posted by brandnew
                                          Tits.
                                          Help

http://thegeneration2000.blogspot.com/

Comment

ohh.i thought it was about her being the best at doing something to other people

Comment

OK.... I think this is one of those tracks that I just don't get

(Like Fatman Scoop's Be Faithful, Obie Trice'f Got Some Teeth and Beyonce's Work It Out), although the Neptunes' tracks have the habit of growing on me and then I love them, so I might visit this topic again. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by aneta
                                                OK.... I think this is one of those tracks that I just don't get
                                                I figured that would be Caught Out There

Comment

Originally posted by San
                                                  Originally posted by brandnew
                                                  Tits.
                                                  Really? I thought she was talking about...down...there...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X