Michael Jackson - Xscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timmy94
    Madonna and Michael Jackson have different standards. Even Invincible was rather considered an underperformance at the time of its release.
    Exactly, and that sold 2 million in the US alone. I don't know why people box artists and even compare them to others
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Today the original version of Slave To The Rhythm suddenly clicked with me! Such a cool instrumentation, the songs is kinda lighter, love it. This album will have longevity with me.

Comment

• Yeah I think it will have longevity with me as well. I truly love this album. It's got some amazing jams. Bought this album sometime in May, but didn't listen to it for many weeks. As a HUGE Michael fan I was afraid to listen to the album after the massive disappointment that was his previous album "Michael". Thankfully this album is infinitely better!!
        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• This album is really good.
          But am I the only one who feels like it's "unfinished" because it doesn't have at least ten tracks?

Comment

• Actually, short albums are quite a tendency... Just look Coldplay and Lykke Li's latest releases. Also, MJ has already released albums with less than 10 tracks, e.g. "Victory" (8) and "Thriller" (9).

I like it that way... So we can have more posthumous albums for the following decades. I'll feel really bad when MJ's archives are over.
            vulnicura.

Comment

• I still can't get over how perfect A Place With No Name is. My perfect moment: that kind of growing "oh oh oh" that appears the third time he's singing the chorus.

I never lived a Michael era because in the 90s I was a kid, so I can only imagine how amazing must have been to experience his releases when he was alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by intosoul
                This album is really good.
                But am I the only one who feels like it's "unfinished" because it doesn't have at least ten tracks?
                As a dead and "in demand" artist, they limited the tracks because they want to keep the additional material for other albums. This album feels complete to me especially because they included the demos
                I have no doubt it wasn't all Michael on his previous album
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Xscape has been nominated for three Soul Train Awards:
                  * Album of the Year for Xscape
                  * Song of the Year for "Love Never Felt So Good"
                  * Best Collaboration for "Love Never Felt So Good"

_
                  For US fans, you can watch the Soul Train Awards on November 30 on CENTRIC and BET.
                  vulnicura.

Comment

• Very big nominations!!! Congrats already

Comment

• Fantastic nominations.
                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Surprised this sold so little. Only 500k in the states and 1.7m worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                        X