Tinashe - Aquarius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinashe - Aquarius

Tinashe is really starting to become a household name, and we love it! After becoming huge fans in 2012, thanks to her In Case We Die mixtape, we’ve been patiently waiting for the day that Tinashe drops her debut album. And that day is upon us! With a burgeoning hit single in “2 On” featuring ScHoolboy Q, it looks as though Tinashe’s debut album will be dropping at some point this summer. While in Chicago doing radio promo at WCGI-FM, Tinashe dropped some new knowledge about what to expect!

The name of Tinashe’s debut album is Aquarius, which is also Tinashe’s zodiac sign. She says the name has deeper meaning, but she’ll leave that to be interpreted with the music. We already knew that she had been working with the likes of Mike Will Made It, Boi-1-da, T-Minus, Dev Hynes, and DJ Mustard for the album, but the L.A. singer also announced Aquarius features from rappers Future, Travis Scott, and A$AP Rocky. It seems like Aquarius is going to be one of the most epic debut R&B albums in years! We cannot wait to hear more.
    http://dopeavenue.com/tinashe-announ...ure-aap-rocky/

Bish will SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! Hide your faves, their paper thin voices, and stiff wind and grinds, cause Tinashe is coming thru.
    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Maybe get a hit first lol

I am excited though but I mean does she even have a major appearance other than appearing in Drake's bedroom here and there
    Forever Young

Comment

love the title! I can't wait for this, her mixtapes were amazing. collaborations with Dev Hynes and a$ap rocky should be good too.
      late.

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru
        I am excited though but I mean does she even have a major appearance other than appearing in Drake's bedroom here and there
        What? I thought Drake was with the coconut.

Anyway, this will be interesting, I like this girl.
        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Bish wheeet? Her song is still climbing, be patient

And I've never heard of her dating Mr. Emotions. He is too busy being within the island snatch.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Here's hoping the rest of the album is as good as the first single.

Comment

The title got my attention

Comment

wait I'm an aquarius, Tinashe is ready to kill me with this record.
                late.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1

Bish wheeet? Her song is still climbing, be patient

And I've never heard of her dating Mr. Emotions. He is too busy being within the island snatch.

I will be Azelia Banks Patient then
                    Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeii
                      WaaaaiiiiTTTTTT!!!! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me for a sec.... Bitch....

Great to see you back!
                      Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Can't effing wait!!!! title sounds epic just like the mixtapes

but somehow I doubt she'll drop it before September/October.....

Comment

Originally posted by samra
                            Originally posted by Pompeii
                            WaaaaiiiiTTTTTT!!!! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me for a sec.... Bitch....

Great to see you back!
                            Haha, thanks sis! Still rocking that ICONIC avatar I see

Comment

She has a voice on her, especially in the upper register. I want to hear less trash like 2 On and more stuff that shows her talent.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris
                                She has a voice on her, especially in the upper register. I want to hear less trash like 2 On and more stuff that shows her talent.
                                You don't know a good bop when you see one bish.
                                Have you heard her mixtapes? You might appreciate those more...very Jhene ish (but still her own style)

I hope she includes more uptempos on her album since all of her mixtapes are a bit slower. 2 On proves she can do a bop rather well.

Oh...I officially stan btw.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

She confirned a track with A$AP Rocky called "Pretend"

and a track with Future

Mike Will had his hands on this album too YAS!

Comment

She told Fader that there will probably be a couple of tracks on her album that she produced herself and recorded in her bedroom!

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                      She told Fader that there will probably be a couple of tracks on her album that she produced herself and recorded in her bedroom!
                                      that's expected as she said before that the album won't be that much different from her mixtapes

I wonder when it's comin' probably when the 2nd single catches on, but lookin' at '2 On' that needed half a year to get mainstream success, means we won't get it before early 2015

Comment

Featuring Ray J
                                        Forever Young

Comment

Featuring Ray J
                                          NO.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Featuring Ray J
                                            She said mixtape, not a...
                                            Either way, she needs an album now, it's time to move on from the tapes..
                                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

I've seen many people said that they were hoping her to bring her mixtapes' sounds, so I'm guessing they sound pretty different from "2 On"?

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                                                I've seen many people said that they were hoping her to bring her mixtapes' sounds, so I'm guessing they sound pretty different from "2 On"?
                                                It's like 2 worlds.

Comment

now gals, we got rudeboi, thainfo1, urbanmusik, abi, ukmusiclova, samra, hugo etc stanning the house down for tinashe and i havent heard a damn thing from her.
                                                  what bops should i get listening to?

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                                                    There is a lot of more alternative stuff on her mixtapes, but generally the "hits" from the mixtapes are the more sexy songs like This Feeling, Boss, Ecstasy, Vulnerable and Midnight Sun - all of which you should check out

Comment

This title will be released on September 23, 2014.

I look forward to the album although the single does nothing for me.

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

fka twigs, banks, jhené & tinashe all releasing soon...I can't cope.

@Plym listen to Midnight Sun, This Feeling & Ecstasy for chilled rhythmic vibes (@abi you'll love these too hopefully). Vulnerable & Boss are her best hip-hop cuts. Black Water & Fugitive are great alternative cuts while the Jacques Greene collaboration Painted Faces is probably my favourite track from last year. 2 On is the runner up urban jam of the year as well.

All tracks bar 2 On are on her mixtapes (Black Water is the best mixtape) apart from Painted Faces which is a free soundcloud d/l.
                                                          late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                                            fka twigs, banks, jhené & tinashe all releasing soon...I can't cope.

@Plym listen to Midnight Sun, This Feeling & Ecstasy for chilled rhythmic vibes (@abi you'll love these too hopefully). Vulnerable & Boss are her best hip-hop cuts. Black Water & Fugitive are great alternative cuts while the Jacques Greene collaboration Painted Faces is probably my favourite track from last year. 2 On is the runner up urban jam of the year as well.

All tracks bar 2 On are on her mixtapes (Black Water is the best mixtape) apart from Painted Faces which is a free soundcloud d/l.
                                                            Bish...you just gonna forget Stunt like that. :evil: That's my jam. I also love Middle Of Nowhere is so beautifully done. I love her sexy rap on the end of Midnight Sun (another one of my faves). Black water is amazing. Could've been a legit album if long enough

Slow is my fav from Reverie (also the titled track as well).

Everything by her is golden. I will be spending hard earned coin on Aquarius when it drops.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                            X