Taylor Swift - 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music News & Facts ?@musicnews_facts 28m28 minutes ago
    1 year ago today, Taylor Swift released 'Wildest Dreams' as the 5th official single off the record breaking '1989'
    Whitney Houston

Comment

• HAD ME IN THE PALM OF UR HAND
      THEN Y'D U HAVE TO GO
      AND LOCK ME OUT WHEN I LET U IiIN?

Comment

• ^ that song is an earworm. The eighth single that never was :(

Comment

• This would've been her best album had she excluded Welcome To New York and had stronger ballads! Clean and You are In Lobe are underwhelming and nowhere near her best, when it comes to ballads. Which is a shame because normally her ballads are highlights!

Comment

• Originally posted by Storyteller
            This would've been her best album had she excluded Welcome To New York and had stronger ballads! Clean and You are In Lobe are underwhelming and nowhere near her best, when it comes to ballads. Which is a shame because normally her ballads are highlights!
            Wildest Dreams and This Love say 'don't fvcking ignore me'
            *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Clean and You Are In Love are amazing!!
              #Pray4AL6

Comment

• Originally posted by Biebz
                Originally posted by Storyteller
                This would've been her best album had she excluded Welcome To New York and had stronger ballads! Clean and You are In Lobe are underwhelming and nowhere near her best, when it comes to ballads. Which is a shame because normally her ballads are highlights!
                Wildest Dreams and This Love say 'don't fvcking ignore me'

Oops I got This Love and You Are In Love mixed up!
                You Are In Live is actually ok! This Love is awful!!

Wildest Dreams is amazing, one of her best! But it's more mid tempo ish....

Comment

• This Love is one of my favourites from this album!
                  Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

WTNY is amazing!
                    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Gotta agree with Storyteller.
                      This needed stronger ballads.... plus i dont like WTNY either.
                      Still an amazing record though!!
                      You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• The problem with WTNY is that it doesn't really fit in, I think she recorded that song only cause she was named some kind of ambassador for the city

I overall ike this record, and don't really feel like it needs more ballads, it's pure pop
                        Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• This is perfect the way it is, it's so hard to make a strong pop album (from start to end) in this day and age. The last solid one is Katy Perry's Teenage Dream ironically.

Comment

• Am I the only one who seriously LOVES This Love ?

It's so chill and beautiful
                            Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
                              Am I the only one who seriously LOVES This Love ?

Probably, it's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicRecords

Probably, it's awful.
                                Girl noooo....it's one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs ever, and my favorite non-single from 1989
                                Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

One of the most well written songs on the album. She should sing the way she does during the verses more often. Those verses damnit

Comment

It's one of my favourites
                                    *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• As a new Taylor fan I finally gave the entire album a listen...

Wtf why didn't she release AYHTDWS? :-? :-?
                                      Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• wonderland :(

Comment

• this album could produce like 12 singles, as much as I don't like her, as much I LOVE this album, pure pop genius!
                                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• I would've been fine if she had released AYHTDWS instead of OOTW tbh, and it probably would've performed better
                                            Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

I would've been fine if she had released AYHTDWS instead of OOTW tbh, and it probably would've performed better
                                              AYHTDWS <3 is a pop masterpiece!
                                              ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• This was packed with single-ready songs, she could have pulled a Come On Over with this era!

Comment

• gosh! Songs from this album are still so impeccably good.
                                                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                  See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• This legendary pop masterpiece was released 5 years ago today!

- #1 in the US, 1.287 copies sold in its first week
                                                    - made her the first artist to have three albums sell a million copies in their first week of release
                                                    - certified 9x platinum
                                                    - spawned three #1 hits, two Top 10 hits & a Top 20 hit
                                                    - #3 on the 2014 US year-end chart
                                                    - best-selling album of 2015
                                                    - #1 in 11 countries, Top 10 in 14 countries
                                                    - won two Grammys for Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album
                                                    - 18 million copies sold worldwide
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It’s #10 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

10. Taylor Swift, 1989
                                                        Taylor Swift’s 1989 severed whatever vestiges of her country roots remained on 2012’s Red, replacing acoustic guitars and pedal steel with multi-layered synthscapes, drum machines, and densely packed vocal tracking. Swift, of course, got her start writing astutely observed country ballads, and these songs bolster her trademark knack for lyric-crafting with maximalist, blown-out pop production courtesy of main collaborators Max Martin and Shellback. 1989’s standout tracks retain the narrative detail and clever metaphor-building that distinguished Swift’s early songs, even amid the diversions wrought by the aggressive studio production on display throughout. Songs like “I Know Places” ride a reggae swagger and trap-influenced snare beats before launching into a soaring, Pat Benatar-esque chorus. It’s an effortless fusion that, like much of 1989, displays Swift’s willingness to venture outside her comfort zone without much of a safety net, and test out an array of sonic experiments that feel both retro and of the moment. Annie Galvin
                                                        https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
                                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It’s #10 on Refinery29‘s list of the 10 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

10. Taylor Swift 1989 (2014)

The first woman to win an Album of the Year Grammy, twice? Taylor Swift, for this album — you know, the album with which she announced she was leaving country music behind forever. 1989 found Swift examining the idea of being a young woman who moved to a new city and spent time with her friends while she was trying to figure out who she would be. It resonated with many people going through that same rite of passage. Swift captured a moment shared by many and created one of the best examples of her signature “ripped from the diary” songwriting but made it something anyone making the transition into adulthood could see themselves in.
                                                          https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...s-2010s-decade

Comment

• Still amazing!

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                              X