But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan
        Originally posted by AlphaMale
        Originally posted by ThomyX
        I'm mad because it's her best single since Jump imo. :evil:
        Since 4 minutes, for sure!
        Miles Away was good too IMO. Yeah, I know, a HC track
        Miles Away of course, I could I forget one of my favourites of all time... :-?
        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
          Originally posted by Madgefan
          Originally posted by AlphaMale
          Originally posted by ThomyX
          I'm mad because it's her best single since Jump imo. :evil:
          Since 4 minutes, for sure!
          Miles Away was good too IMO. Yeah, I know, a HC track
          Miles Away of course, I could I forget one of my favourites of all time... :-?

"So far away, so far away, so far away, so far away
          So far away, so far away, so far away, so far away"
          It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan
            I disagree. The fact it had been heard for the last 2 months meant the hype was lost. There's no point holding a song back thesedays, with the internet everyone can access it anyway. It's not like the days when we had to buy physicals, there was good logic behind that, now it just means the song is stale by the time of release.
            Is it? Then how come most of anticipated releases are held back just to assure a number one debut? Otherwise most of them would have surely missed it (having no push from accumulated pre-orders). Just look at the list of last year's number ones. Almost all of them were released at least a month after they had first made the airwaves. Not to mention "Am I Wrong" that was over a year old when officially released in Britain. Had this strategy been so useless, believe me that record labels wouldn't lose their money on it.

Comment

• LFL is already a Madonna classic in my book, no matter what charts say

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon
                Originally posted by Madgefan
                I disagree. The fact it had been heard for the last 2 months meant the hype was lost. There's no point holding a song back thesedays, with the internet everyone can access it anyway. It's not like the days when we had to buy physicals, there was good logic behind that, now it just means the song is stale by the time of release.
                Is it? Then how come most of anticipated releases are held back just to assure a number one debut? Otherwise most of them would have surely missed it (having no push from accumulated pre-orders). Just look at the list of last year's number ones. Almost all of them were released at least a month after they had first made the airwaves. Not to mention "Am I Wrong" that was over a year old when officially released in Britain. Had this strategy been so useless, believe me that record labels wouldn't lose their money on it.
                Stop being so contrary Maroon

Comment

• I wasn't being contrary, just demonstrated how well the strategy still works.

Comment

• I'm glad this strategy is nearly useless now that iTunes applies new rules. I always found that holding back music supports piracy.

Comment

• It's not useless at all since pre-orders are still being accumulated for the official chart's first week.
                      Thanks to this strategy the UK chart can still have nigh new entries and it's been its trademark for two decades now.

Comment

• It's a good strategy that worked for many artists.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This is such an amazing song the video is boring as hell... so sad about the peaks positions around the world
                          Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens...

Comment

• After three months I'm more in love with this song than ever.
                            It's such an uplifting track. Plus, it's a banger.
                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Might be a hit in Australia.

It's being played on Nova, and Madonna is doing a promo 'Red Room Live in LA: With Madonna' which is being hyped. Good on her.
                              Originally posted by Thriller
                              Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

• This would've been a top 5 smash everyone if a younger artist sang
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                                  This would've been a top 5 smash everyone if a younger artist sang
                                  You mean Cher ?

Comment

Or herself, few years ago.
                                    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Selena Gomez?
                                      I love Glitzy Rant!

Comment

• It's a great song, too bad the leaks killed their strategies for the single!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                                          It's a great song, too bad the leaks killed their strategies for the single!
                                          Although it's a great song, IMO, and the leaks also made some damage, I also think that the general public didn't really clicked with the song, don't know why...
                                          "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Where did this chart in the UK?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLamb
                                              Where did this chart in the UK?
                                              #26 was its peak.

Comment

• How come this was such a non-event chartwise ? It was a 1) Madonna 2) lead single...
                                                Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                                                  How come this was such a non-event chartwise ? It was a 1) Madonna 2) lead single...
                                                  Madonna singles are no longer events chartwise since 2012.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Any ideas if the studio version of the Brit Awards Performance is released anywhere? Its a mix between the album version and living for drama rmx... And i guess the intro and the outro on the performance made the song ten times better...
                                                    Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Working...
                                                    X