No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - #1 To Infinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Wiki says so, didn't know myself. Didn't sell alot though so it seems, but I would definitely put it on a greatest hits of 00 - 14'. In the bigger picture of her career it's a non-factor obviously. Ironically it's the first ballad of hers I fell in love with.
    Eudaimonia
    Last.fm
    Instagram

Comment

Through The Rain is one of her best songs. Even though I don't really love her Charmbracelet vocals.
      The video is her best IMO.

Comment

If she had to release a GH from 2001 she can include these

1.Loverboy ( U.S #2 U.K # 12)
        2.Through the Rain ( U.K # 8)
        3.Boy I need you ( U.K #17)
        4.I Know What you Want ( U.S #3/ U.K #3)
        5.It's Like That ( U.S #16/ U.K # 4)
        6.We Belong Together (U.S # 1/ U.K #2)
        7.Shake It off ( U.S # 2)
        8.Get your Number ( U.K #9)
        9..Don't forget about us ( U.S #1 / U.K # 11)
        10.Touch My Body (U.S #1/U.K #5)
        11. Bye Bye ( U.S #19/ U.K #34)
        12.Obsessed (U.S # 7)
        13. I Want to know what love is ( U.S #60/ U.K #19)
        14.#Beautiful ( U.S #15/U.K #2)

Other singles which can be included
        Don't Stop / Never too Far ( U.K # 32)
        Say Something (U.S #79/ U.K #27)
        You Make Me Wanna U.S #21

Their are artist who release a GH after an album and 2 charted singles so she can include all of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlu84

12.Obsessed (U.S # 7)

Their are artist who release a GH after an album and 2 charted singles so she can include all of the above
          But who would buy it?

Comment

12.Obsessed (U.S # 7)

What is Boy I Need You...definitely not a hit

Comment

12.Obsessed (U.S # 7)

Beautiful wasn't #2 in the UK, it peaked at #22.

Comment

Originally posted by DOSSOME

12.Obsessed (U.S # 7)

What is Boy I Need You...definitely not a hit
                A minor hit
                I remember the song being quite popular and the video was on music channels all the time

Comment

Any song that she never sings after the era that it came out with won't make the greatest hits. "Obsessed" is the only exception, since it was a platinum-selling single and it was her only Top 10 the Hot 100 since "Touch My Body".

Comment

Even if she dared to release a compilation like that, who would buy it other than completist stans?

Comment

• GetBack you ALWAYS point out that Mariah doesn't acknowledge her flop singles... But why should she when she has as many hits as she does? I mean really.

Anyway, they should keep this simple by putting all original 18 #1 songs and like 2 new songs.

Hopefully she'll serve a good album cover.

Comment

• If she did release a 01-15 greatest hits it would be nice to have the video mix of I'll Be Lovin You Long time feat. T.I. since its never been released on CD. I really like that song, shame it flopped hard.
                        There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey

Comment

• Why would she release a GH focusing on 01-15 when most of what people want as a hits package from Mariah Carey is 90s songs.

I would have preferred an updated/new GH than an updated #1s album. Suppose considering the fact it's coinciding with Vegas and the theme there, it makes sense. I just can't help but want something new and epic.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• It would be great if disc one was the #1's and disc two was a new songs disc like Michael Jackson did with History but I don't see that happening somehow.
                            There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey

Comment

• I'd like one day to have her singles but in radio edit version.
                              Make It Happen is too long for me. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by freeme
                                I'd like one day to have her singles but in radio edit version.
                                It is a crime that she never re-recorded MIH because she's rarely sung the album edit of the song, she's always singing the Unplugged edit which includes this epic "Don't Let Go" bridge (which truly makes this song a banger).

Also Hero...which is so theatrical and schmaltzy.. u know, she should do it even more theatrical with a slightly different arrangement. CLG needs to be remastered and re-produced as well.

I hope they will use an acoustic guitar again for the Vegas Shows as the song's lead instrument.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad
                                  Even if she dared to release a compilation like that, who would buy it other than completist stans?
                                  Lot's of people would buy it. The fact that it says "Greatest Hits" and "Mariah Carey" in the same title will sell it. The original already sold over one million in the USA. And the second half of her career has some really great tunes!

I would call it "Greatest Hits" but really make it a singles collection.
                                  Disc 1:
                                  1. Through The Rain
                                  2. Boy I Need You (feat. Cam)
                                  3. I Know What You Want (Busta & Flipmode Squade)
                                  4. Bringin On The Heartbreak
                                  5. It's Like That
                                  6. We Belong Together [#1HIT]
                                  7. Shake It Off
                                  8. Don't Forget About Us [#1HIT]
                                  9. Say Something (feat. Snoop)
                                  10. Fly Like A Bird
                                  Disc2:
                                  1. Touch My Body [#1HIT]
                                  2. Bye Bye
                                  3. I'll Be Loving You Long Time (feat. T.I.)
                                  4. My Love
                                  5. Obsessed
                                  6. I Want To Know What Love Is
                                  7. Hate You
                                  8. Angels Cry (feat. Neyo)
                                  9. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel)
                                  10. You're Mine

But first a 1-Disc #1's album with a hot new song on it! (19 tracks that clock in under 80 mins)

Comment

It's only 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by freeme
                                      It's only 5 minutes.
                                      I know but I don't like the studio arrangement, it sounds too old. I prefer live versions..

Also TTR, I'd love to have the radio edit into australian single cd.
                                      Someone have it

Comment

Originally posted by WolfSpear
                                        hits package focusing on 2001-2014...
                                        The answer to why that will never happen.
                                        You're probably right... And its a shame.

Sure, the majority of the hits are centered around Mimi and E=MC2, which most people likely bought the albums, but it would be nice to have "Through The Rain" alongside of these hits. I guess that's why we have iTunes now...

@sethno Nice track listing! Maybe trim out some of the lower charting hits from the later albums and you can pull off a well rounded single disc.

Comment

• I'm having mixed thoughts about a new #1's. It can either be a decent hit or a monumental flop. I mean, we have iTunes now in which we can download all those 18 #1 singles, she has a handful of greatest hits she released in the past 15 years with these songs (except for the most recent 4 #1 singles) which basically means everyone has these songs already. She really needs to be in top fighting form for people to want to buy her music again.

Comment

• First, they should do the ticket-bundling thing.
                                            Good for the show, good for sales, good for everybody.
                                            Make it available at the Vegas Mariah store.

And secondly, songs shouldn't be purchased separately, not even the new tracks, but the whole package. Except for the one that's going to be the single to promote the project.

Release also the "single version" for those who don't want the album or are just curious about the new joint.

Of course, there should be at least 3 new songs for this plan to work. This way if ppl wanna hear them other two after listening and downloading the single they will have to buy the whole thing.

Just an idea, dunno!
                                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• not think it's a good idea first, because the album and listened according will be launched later this year, but hey if launched soon, if sounds good idea, singles (new songs) must be separated from the album and in the album of corse.

Comment

• It's good for the nostagia and as a collectors piece. All 18 HITS on one Ablum! It's never been done before!

I hope it comes out in May.

Other then that I think IDJ should really release a 2 disc singles collection. There's over ten years of material that people could have as one great collection.

Comment

• IDJ could release a nice compilation of her hits and popular songs and call it "Greatest Hits volume 2" ...
                                                  If they add a dvd with the videos, I'm sure lambs and r&b-lovers will cop it.

Mariah Carey // Greatest Hits vol. 2
                                                  1 It's Like That
                                                  2 We Belong Together
                                                  3 Touch My Body
                                                  4 Don't Forget Abous Us
                                                  5 #Beautiful feat. Miguel
                                                  6 I Know What You Want with Busta Rhymes
                                                  7 Obsessed
                                                  8 Shake It Off
                                                  9 Bye Bye
                                                  10 Through The Rain
                                                  11 I Want To Know What Love Is
                                                  12 Get Your Number feat. Jermaine Dupri
                                                  13 I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time feat. T.I.
                                                  14 Up Out My Face feat. Nicki Minaj
                                                  15 Angels Cry feat. Ne-Yo
                                                  16 Fly Like A Bird

Comment

• How are 18 songs plus 1, 2 or 3 new songs going to fit on one disc? Does anyone know the running times of the radio edits of the 18 #1 hits?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                                                      Originally posted by freeme
                                                      It's only 5 minutes.
                                                      I know but I don't like the studio arrangement, it sounds too old. I prefer live versions..
                                                      True. I love the "don't let go, don't ever ever let go' part when she performs it live.

Comment

• In studio with Dupri again. She just never learns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odyssey84
                                                          In studio with Dupri again. She just never learns.
                                                          Dupri's tracks on MIAM were actually pretty amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotMCfan
                                                            Originally posted by Odyssey84
                                                            In studio with Dupri again. She just never learns.
                                                            Dupri's tracks on MIAM were actually pretty amazing.
                                                            Only 2 of 5 were for me (MILG + YDKWtD).

Comment

• Dupri is so stale now, even if I enjoyed the songs on the last album, those didn't even click with the public.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X