Mariah Carey - #1 To Infinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by intosoul
    I'd love a Michael Jackson's HIStory type of release: one disc with the numer one's, one disc with new songs.
    But I'm sure she hasn't recorded enough new material for a whole 2nd disc ?
    That's the best choice, I think only 1 new song can fit in the album if all the 18 #1 singles are going to be on one disc. It has to be worth the purchase.

Comment

• 18 #1s and Infinity.
      19 songs.
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• That cover is awful :-?

She looks great recently, she could've used any of her candid pictures.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
          18 #1s and Infinity.
          19 songs.
          A bit cheap.

Comment

• Mariah Carey: #1 To Infinity is the definitive collection of all 18 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (17 self-penned) by Mariah Carey on CD and includes a very special collectible print, exclusive to the Mariah site.

With her distinct five-octave vocal range, prolific songwriting and producing talent, and more than 200 million albums sold to date, Mariah is the best-selling female artist of all time and truly the template of the modern pop performance with an unprecedented 18 #1 singles, more than any other solo artist.

MARIAH CAREY #1 TO INFINITY
            (All titles #1 on Billboard Hot 100 chart)

1. “Vision of Love” (4 weeks, 1990)
            2. “Love Takes Time” (3 weeks, 1990)
            3. “Someday” (MTV Unplugged version) (2 weeks, 1991)
            4. “I Don’t Wanna Cry” (2 weeks, 1991)
            5. “Emotions” (3 weeks, 1991)
            6. “I’ll Be There” (featuring Trey Lorenz) (2 weeks, 1992)
            7. “Dreamlover” (8 weeks, 1993)
            8. “Hero” (4 weeks, 1993)
            9. “Fantasy” (Bad Boy Fantasy version) (8 weeks, 1995)
            10. “One Sweet Day” (featuring Boyz II Men) (16 weeks,1995-1996)
            11. “Always Be My Baby” (2 weeks, 1996)
            12. “Honey” (3 weeks, 1997)
            13. “My All” (1 week, 1998)
            14. “Heartbreaker” (featuring Jay-Z) (2 weeks, 1999)
            15. “Thank God I Found You” (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees) (1 week, 2000)
            16. “We Belong Together” (14 weeks, 2005)
            17. “Don’t Forget About Us” (2 weeks, 2005)
            18. “Touch My Body” (2 weeks, 2008)
            19. “Infinity” (2015)

Released on May 18, 2015
            Extremely disappointed that it's only a one-disc album with one new song, no chance at getting great sales for this since everyone basically has the whole album once "Infinity" leaks. I also wished she put the original version "Fantasy" on it as well.

Comment

• They should ahve added two more songs and make it a solid 21 song collection, but I guess they just add 1 song and try to focus promo to get that one also to #1 to have a complete #1 collection album.

Comment

• Only 1 new song
                And why does she look like a tranny on that cover :-?
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I figured we'd only get one song to make it all fit on one disc BUT why on earth aren't the actually #1 versions of Someday and Fantasy on there? This could have been the next Beatles 1 if it had been done right, oh well I hope Infinity is good but I wont be buying this.
                  There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey

Comment

• Shame it's a half-hearted attempt, it should've been two discs and had a much nicer cover. Her face is awful on that photo.
                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• I didn't recognize that it was the Unplugged version of "Someday" that she included on here! It should have been the original or the jack swing video version that most fans wanted to have in the first #1's since it was never available in any of her albums. The Essential Mariah Carey (US Version with the C&C remix version of "Anytime You Need a Friend") is much more worth purchasing than this. :-? :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by preyan
                        Only 1 new song
                        She doesn't..
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I will but the single but the album not soon.... when it will be price down at 5 euro

Comment

• LOL @ all the complaints.
                            This release is not for yall, but for general public.

Comment

LOL @ all the complaints.
                              This release is not for yall, but for general public.
                              Thats exactly my point! Which is why the video version of Someday and pop version of Fantasy should be on here. The general public will feel cheated when they realize they haven't bought a product that includes the versions of the songs they put to number one.
                              There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest
                                Y'all are so annoying.

Comment

• it is sad that nowadays every single CD release by her is not welcomed much by basically everybody here, except for 2-3 fans.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                    it is sad that nowadays every single CD release by her is not welcomed much by basically everybody here, except for 2-3 fans.
                                    this

Comment

• I actually like that cover. I think this is not for the fans but for the general public who visits the show in Vegas. Maybe the CD release is also the set list at the same time. So when they visit the show they might also buy the CD as kind of souvenir.
                                      Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• I can't believe she's shafted Someday and put the MTV Unplugged version on there. I know she doesn't like the orginal, but it's the one that went to #1 and everyone knows. It shouldn't come as a surprise with the way she's treated her videos from that era before too (even though they're better than some of the embarrassments she's put out in recent years).

I did expect the remix of Fantasy though. I think she's forgets the original #1 version of it exists and the remix was on this before.

Infinity better be a good song!

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                                        Originally posted by preyan
                                        She doesn't..
                                        It's actually promo for The Sims 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                          it is sad that nowadays every single CD release by her is not welcomed much by basically everybody here, except for 2-3 fans.
                                          I really wanted to be behind this (and to a certain extent I still am).I just think with those two changes I mentioned this could have been one of the strongest GH cd's ever by any artist. I'm just being a moaning minnie. I still love her, always will.

Comment

• Why does she hate Someday? I'm a bit disappointed with the inclusion of that version instead of the original even though I wasn't really planning on getting this lol. I'm glad she kept the original versions of Heartbreaker and TGIFY tho.

Hopefully the Infinity song is as good as the rest of the album.

Comment

• why does an artist hate a song they wrote?? i don't understand her hate for all of her material pre Butterfly.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• I find it fascinating that she can dislike some of her best work.

Comment

• Still buying this but I hope they included the music video version of Someday instead. That would be better than the live version.
                                                  DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• They should have released this with a deluxe edition just like Britney's The Singles Collection where there's a DVD with music videos of her #1 hits.

Comment

• Let her hate on "Someday". It's HER song

Comment

• 9. “Fantasy” (Bad Boy Fantasy version)
                                                        nooooooo!!
                                                        The original version is much, much better.

I don't think this one will be successful in Europe cause some of her biggest hits were not #1s in the US.
                                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• can someone change the title of this thread now we know the official title for the album

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky
                                                            I don't think this one will be successful in Europe cause some of her biggest hits were not #1s in the US.
                                                            "Without You" is the only one I can think of...

Comment

Let her hate on "Someday". It's HER song
                                                              Disliking it it fine but it was #1. The buying public clearly liked the record. She should acknowledge that.

Will be interesting to see how the arrangement has changed for Vegas

Comment

Working...
                                                              X