• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey - #1 To Infinity

MARIAH CAREY ANNOUNCES HEADLINING RESIDENCY AT
    THE COLOSSEUM AT CAESARS PALACE
    RESIDENCY BEGINS MAY 6, 2105

"MARIAH CAREY #1's," an innovative original production of Carey's unprecedented 18 #1 singles performed live in concert for the first time

LAS VEGAS, NV (Jan. 15, 2015) — Mariah Carey, the iconic chanteuse and best-selling female artist of all time with over 200 million records sold, is coming to Las Vegas with a headlining residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. For the first time ever, she will perform all 18 of her timeless and beloved Number One Hits together in one concert. Designed exclusively for The Colosseum, the production will also feature fan-favorite album cuts, never-before-performed selections and many more musical surprises.

Mariah announced the exciting news today on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she surprised the entire studio audience with tickets to her Las Vegas show and a hotel stay at Caesars Palace.

Honey B. Fly has reserved a special allotment of tickets and VIP Packages exclusively for our members! Fans can register for the Honey B. Live Pass to access our HBF Ticket Sale. Click here for complete details!

"I have so many ideas for the show that I'm currently working on and am excited to perform all of my #1 singles together for the first time and others that are very close to my heart," said Mariah. "My songs are the soundtrack of my life and I can't wait to share them with my fans on stage!"

"Vision of Love," "Hero," "Fantasy," "We Belong Together" and "Touch My Body" to name a few, are among Mariah's 18 songs to reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, a feat that has not been achieved by any other solo artist in music history.

In celebration of Mariah's groundbreaking record, and in tandem with the concert series, Mariah is working on a new edition of her worldwide best-selling album #1's. Set to include all 18 of her number one hits, along with newly recorded music, the album will be released later this year.
    She's also releasing new music.

Gosh!
    can't wait

Comment

About time..
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

queen

Comment

better get that 19th #1 <3

Comment

This is why I wish I lived in The US

Comment

All of the discussion on this is gonna be/being lost in the bottomless hole that is the Mariah Carey GA thread.

Comment

Can't wait but I'm a bit hesitant because she has classics that even she shouldn't touch :(
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I can't wait for new music I hope the new GH is given a proper treatment!

Comment

Woohoo!!! I'm excited for 2015! Aside from the residency, I hope the album is promoted the hell out of! The original #1's is already a huge seller so some work is gonna have to be done if they want it to sell as a new album would.
                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLamb
                      All of the discussion on this is gonna be/being lost in the bottomless hole that is the Mariah Carey GA thread.
                      I know!

Comment

ACCESS EXCLUSIVE HBF TICKET SALES FOR "MARIAH #1'S" SHOWS IN LAS VEGAS

Mariah begins her Las Vegas residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace on May 6. Fans can take part in exclusive Honey B. Fly Ticket Sales by getting the Honey B. Fly Live Pass. This pass grants you access to:

Exclusive Mariah Carey ticket sales
                        The Honey B. Fly Community area of MariahCarey.com
                        Subscription to the MariahCarey.com Newsletter
                        Special offers for Live Pass members
                        Members-only contests and promotions
                        CLICK HERE to register for your HBF Live Pass now. If you already have a registered MariahCarey.com account, LOGIN then click the UPGRADE link at the top of the page, and complete the upgrade transaction.

After you complete your Live Pass registration, simply go to the TOUR page where your unique pre-sale code will be displayed at the top of the page. IMPORTANT: Passes purchased for 2014 shows are no longer valid.

Mariah Carey #1's VIP Packages
                        A limited number of Mariah Carey #1's VIP Packages are on reserve for HBF members. You may choose from one of three VIP Package offers to celebrate in special way with Mariah. (Full details for each offer available on the AXS.com event page.)

Fantasy Package: Only 2 packages available per show; Sunday shows only.
                        HBF members have exclusive access to the Fantasy Pacakge until Friday, Jan. 16 @ 10pm PT.

We Belong Together Package: Available for Sunday shows only.

#Beautiful Package: Available for all performances.

Get your Live Pass now to secure your Mariah Carey #1's experience!

Honey B. Fly Pre-sale Instructions
                        Our exclusive ticket sales for Mariah #1s concert performances at the Colosseum at Caesars, Las Vegas, begin on Thursday, January 15 @ 8:30am ET (5:30am PT), and conclude on Monday, January 19 @ 7pm ET (10pm PT). Live Pass access will open as follows:

GROUP START TIME PASSWORD PREFIX
                        LEGACY
                        MEMBERS 8:30am ET
                        (5:30am PT) MCL
                        JUNIOR (New)
                        MEMBERS 12pm ET
                        (9:00am PT) MCJ
                        Login to mariahcarey.com and click to the TOUR section.
                        You will see your pre-sale code at the top of the page.

How do I know if I'm a Legacy or Junior Member? Login and visit the USER PROFILE page. Your Member Status will indicate if you are a Legacy Member or Gold (New/Junior) Member.

TICKET LIMIT & POLICIES: Please read these important policies:
                        There is a strict 4-ticket limit for General Tickets, and a 2-ticket limit for VIP Packages, per Live Pass. After you purchase 4 tickets, then your allotment is complete for this current ticketing cycle.
                        You may purchase tickets for more than one show, up to the 4-ticket limit.
                        Tickets are non-transferable. Tickets offered through Honey B. Fly pre-sales are intended for the benefit of our members. You may not transfer or resell your tickets to another person.

Helpful tips:
                        After you complete your HBF Live Pass registration, please log out of mariahcarey.com, then log back in to refresh your session. If you do not, your unique pre-sale code may not display on the tour page.

If you have any questions about your Live Pass transaction, please contact our customer support center:

EMAIL: fanclubsupport@livenationmerchandise.com
                        PHONE: 1 800-767-7160 US // +1-434-244-7300 International

Source: MariahCarey.com

Comment

i so bet this new GH collection will sell better than MIAM..We all know that the original #1's album at 15,5m has already become the third best selling compilation by any female artist, so how much can the updated version shift?

i hope it features at least 2 new songs - one of which must become a single. The original #1's album could draw on 2 top 15 singles of which one peaked at #4 on the H100 and went platinum.
                          My Chart

Comment

Are they gonna take the original #1’s album out of print when they release this? I wonder, It would help future sales for sure.

Comment

Hopefully, the new #1's will do better than Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse!

The track listing of the new compilation will probably be like this:

01 [New song]
                              02 Touch My Body
                              03 We Belong Together
                              04 Thank God I Found You (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees) (US) / Against all Odds (with Westlife) (International)
                              05 Heartbreaker (featuring Jay-Z)
                              06 My All
                              07 Honey
                              08 Always Be My Baby
                              09 One Sweet Day (with Boyz II Men)
                              11 Fantasy
                              12 Hero
                              13 Dreamlover
                              14 I'll Be There (featuring Trey Lorenz)
                              15 Emotions
                              16 I Don't Wanna Cry (US) / Without You (International)
                              17 Someday
                              18 Love Takes Time
                              19 Vision of Love

Comment

Wow, there just ain't no stopping Mariah!

I am not sure how this will perform. She really needs a super hot single with a fresh sound.
                                I'm gonna die if she is gonna try to have a hit with another WBT, DFAU, BB, AC, YME rehash ...

This prolly will be a good catalog seller, if her team doesn't mess this one up again.

Comment

Such a shame the last album bombed after the amount of time it took to be released, there was some really great stuff on there. Mis-management yet again.

At this stage in her career, the residency and this album are probably the smartest move.

Comment

#1's was the first Mariah CD I ever bought. I love it. This is a great move for her. Can't wait for the new version.
                                    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

You guys expect Mariah to promote this when she didn't bother for amazing MIMTEC?

I hope the new songs are as good as the ones in MIMTEC.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy
                                        You guys expect Mariah to promote this when she didn't bother for amazing MIMTEC?

this already had more promo than MIAM.. i mean a 10 minutes stay at ELLEN where she actually mentioned the album/concert series is more than MIAM ever got
                                        My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy

Well, judging by her recent appearances, she seems to be into the idea of promoting now, she was in a bad state last year, she's obviously back to work now as she moves on after Nick.

Comment

Just watched her Ellen Show appearance, she was amazing

You can tell she was excited about announcing Vegas residency
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

yep, looks like Mariah in finding comfort again in her career and music. I love that she is into live-performing again. Among the legendary 5, she is the one with the least concerts overall. So... keep singing MIMI. It is what GOD wanted you to do all along.
                                              My Chart

Comment

She better sing "I Still Believe" again!

Comment

I think this is really smart of her.
                                                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I like the idea of a new edition of #1s, only problem I have, didn't Mariah dislike this kind of greatest hits version!?
                                                    weekly chart
                                                    2012 year end

Comment

Originally posted by BeeFan
                                                      I like the idea of a new edition of #1s, only problem I have, didn't Mariah dislike this kind of greatest hits version!?
                                                      in 1998 when she was 28 y.o. she thought HITS packages in general were tacky when you are still current and a hit maker. Nobody could have foreseen that she would struggle like she does today. In 1998/2001 Mariah probably thought to have another decade of yearly #1's ahead of her. Plus she wanted to make the second decade of her career on her own - away from SONY and Tommy's influence. So she has a closer emotional bond to the music she did without Tommy's influence.

All that she's learned since 1998/2001 is that people will always prefer her #1's only because they were #1's. People will not buy a compilation of HER favourite songs. The GP wants Hero, VOL, even Someday and TMB and don't care for Vanishing, Can't Let Go or Underneath the Stars.

The Mariah Problem (as BB stated) is not that she needs to work with Pitbull and should evolve into an EDM artist - it really is that her #1's are loved evergeens and stand alone among her catalogue despite the fact that many album cuts are MUCH MUCH better.

So I hope she uses the 18 Vegas concerts to remind people from time to time that she has more than 18 great songs. I'd die for a live rendition of There's Got to Be A Way.
                                                      My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                                        She better sing "I Still Believe" again!
                                                        her rendition of the song is sooo amazing. I love ISB.. and all of its remixes. I hope she performs it too.
                                                        My Chart

Comment

Thanks stevyy, I get the point.

I know, somehow off topic, but it reminds me of a thought I had lately, with artists and their GH. Never got into it, when they called it volume 1 or so far or stuff... From my experience, no current artist, except for Madonna maybe, achieved to release a volume 2. Seems to be a spell on those vol 1's.... So for artists better never to name it like this
                                                          weekly chart
                                                          2012 year end

Comment

Originally posted by BeeFan
                                                            Thanks stevyy, I get the point.

I know, somehow off topic, but it reminds me of a thought I had lately, with artists and their GH. Never got into it, when they called it volume 1 or so far or stuff... From my experience, no current artist, except for Madonna maybe, achieved to release a volume 2. Seems to be a spell on those vol 1's.... So for artists better never to name it like this
                                                            yep I agree. Also the amound of compilations that SONY released of Mariah's material are so reductive:

1998 - #1's
                                                            2001 - Greatest Hits (with a few album cuts)
                                                            2008/2009 - The Ballads (uugh)
                                                            2010 - Playlist: The Greatest Hits (UUUGH no)
                                                            2011 - The Essential aka Greatest Hits

They should have not released another compilation after #1's. I think with only #1's, it would make sense to release another one now.

However, her 00's material has never been released on a compilation and our girl had a string of successful singles (not counting the Rainbow ones).

It makes me chuggle though that many labels release HITS packages now after their acts hit 5 years on the road or something similar... that's actually a very pessimistic view on their acts as it suggests that their best is behind them now. lol. (SONY must have been pessimistic too or just thought to milk her some more).

#1's should have been released post Rainbow because i believe that it could have sold a bit more than it already has (15,5m).
                                                            My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                            X