X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mariah Carey - I Don't (ft. YG)

This really grew on me too.

Comment

• Low key underrated and should’ve smashed.

This just came on shuffle and really went off hard.
      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
      See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Liked the song but not the video.
        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          Low key underrated and should’ve smashed.

This just came on shuffle and really went off hard.
          It really is a bop and I agree! It should 've smashed.
          Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I’ve actually began to enjoy Remy Ma’s verse as well. Its not the best but it isnt as grating as when it first came out.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              I’ve actually began to enjoy Remy Ma’s verse as well. Its not the best but it isnt as grating as when it first came out.
              True.

Especially the part where "remy ma" was added in the place of "rear-view bye" ...

I kinda wonder what if Remy Ma was in the remix of ANN instead of Steff ...
              She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Have you guys ever seen this reaction? He's hilarious!!!
                Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I see more and more people are seeing what a gem like I Dont really was.

Most recent data:

Date Views
                  2019/05/24 14,775
                  2019/05/25 18,578
                  2019/05/26 22,473
                  2019/05/27 23,615
                  2019/05/28 34,207
                  2019/05/29 66,433
                  2019/05/30 97,178
                  2019/05/31 77,916

Comment

• Should Have Been Bigger: Mariah Carey & YG’s Defiant “I Don’t”

‪There are two kinds of Lambs — a subset that is stuck in 1993 listening to Music Box (not that there’s anything wrong with that) and the rest of us, who have followed Mariah Carey on her journey through R&B, hip-hop, pop and everything in-between. The former group still buys the albums and comes to the shows, but they really don’t enjoy songs like “I Don’t.” Which is a shame because I will go to my grave arguing that it’s one of Mimi’s best singles. In many ways, this is superstar’s ultimate kiss-off anthem, and she has written a lot of them. ‬

‪Released just after Mariah broke off her engagement to billionaire James Packer, “I Don’t” is the musical equivalent of a raised middle finger. “Somewhere in another life, we stole a moment in time,” the 5-octave angel begins the trap-leaning bop. “Gave you everything that you needed, I was even down to repeat it.” Only it didn’t work out the way she planned. “I’m tired of crying, no more tears,” Mimi sings on the pre-chorus. “Pity party of the year.” Instead, the fabulous 50-year-old makes the decision to move on. ‬

‪“‘Cause when you love someone, you just don’t treat them bad,” Mariah reminds her ex-fiancé on the chorus. “You messed up all we had, probably think I’m coming back — but I don’t.” To really drive the point home, the living legend wore her would-be wedding dress in the video… that is when she wasn’t lounging around in the back seat of YG’s sports car in lingerie. Can you say iconic? In many ways, “I Don’t” was the blueprint for 2018’s brilliant Caution. The sound is modern, but strongly informed by ’90s R&B. Revisit the sorely underrated bop below.‬
                    https://www.idolator.com/7908557/sho...ios=1&safari=1
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The song itself is great! The video however destroyed everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X