Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Poop123
    This album is cute, but grossly overrated!
    "Cute", "overrated" she says. Wow, these are fighting words. :x

Comment

• From what I've read about this album, it must be one of the best albums of all time .
      I somehow can't stop doubting it especially as the general public didn't seem to like it (lowest selling Kanye studio album so far), but one day I gotta check it myself by buying it ...
      Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Today was the first time I played this album in forever, and yep, still brilliant. The best rap album that I've ever heard.

Originally posted by Frederic
        Originally posted by Kanye's blog
        FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS! I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER. WE WILL FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GILL SCOTT HERRON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK IMPROVED WITH TIME. THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE. THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE "CONSUMER", THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO. LET US LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE. WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE. NOW I'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME LOL!!!

He gets it. Why is he the only mainstream artist that gets it?
        can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

• Just seeing this topic up again reminded me I haven't listened to it from start to finish in 2014 yet, it is time now!

Comment

• Yea this is up there with College drop out. ... if not better
            Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru
              Yea this is up there with College drop out. ... if not better
              College Dropout have thoses songs that make you feel something on a different level of emotions

Jesus Walk, Never let me down, Family business, the story of Last Call ,Spaceship

Thoses relatables songs that make you want to fight for your dreams

MBDTF is second in my ranking for Ye
              Only Want Great Music

Comment

• Originally posted by Brice
                Originally posted by Loveguru
                College Dropout have thoses songs that make you feel something on a different level of emotions

Jesus Walk, Never let me down, Family business, the story of Last Call ,Spaceship

I think the production on this is better than CD. CD has better lyrics.

It's hard to decided but the two albums are light years better than his other ones can say that.

Lately been into his autotune mess album of 2009 ha
                Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru
                  Lately been into his autotune mess album of 2009 ha
                  I cannot get into that album lol

I haven't played this album in forever, it just sucks that the best song had to feature one of the artists I dislike the most, not fair.
                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• who?
                    Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Brice
                      Originally posted by Loveguru

Agreed 100%

Comment

• Late Regristration is my fav by him. Bring Me Down with vocal kween Brandy will probably be my fav song by him ever.

I realized this is a good album, but It was kind of ruined when he leaked more than half the album with the G.O.O.D music fridays thing.

Hell, all of his albums are great with the exception of Yeezus (Ode to Kim Kardashian).
                        Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Amazing album
                          Fav tracks : Power, Gorgeous, All Of The Lights, Monster, Runaway, and Blame Game!!
                          eas•y /?z?/

Comment

• It’s the best album of the 2010‘s according to Slant Magazine.

1. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
                            Insisting, on whatever grounds, that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is one of rap’s great milestone’s doesn’t do the album justice, at least insofar as doing so invites impossible challenges (is it really better than Fear of a Black Planet or Illmatic? Who could definitively say?) without drawing due attention to the strengths on which the album might meet them. So let me offer the following, slightly less generous superlative: No rap album I’ve heard can boast better production than this one. The music is exhilarating, often abrasive, never predictable, at times stunningly gorgeous. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy allows Kanye a thematic palette broad enough to confront his pride and anguish. The album dwells on the surreal (“Dark Fantasy” imagines a shopping-mall séance and a sky eclipsed by herons) and the religious (next to Kanye himself, it’s Satan who gets the most name-drops here). It’s all in the service of an exhausting contest between self-aggrandizement and self-effacement, Kanye embracing his singular pop-star/super-villain persona while struggling to connect with the creative potential that made him worth our attention to begin with. Cole
                            https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                            X