Robyn - Dancing On My Own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carbon
    she's a master in making catchy songs that make you wanna dance and cry at the same time
    what is even more interesting, her songs never sound kitsch
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Love it. Always dancing go it during summer.

I need more of her.
      [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• It pains me to see how well Calum Scott's version has done and continues to do. I love Robyn's version of this so much - amazing talent.

[youtube:22drn8r1]Ui1JeOSdIlA[/youtube:22drn8r1]

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
          It pains me to see how well Calum Scott's version has done and continues to do.
          Why? She's finally getting money from it and there's bound to be a lot of people wondering who sang the song in the first place, new fans.

Originally posted by Wayne
          I love Robyn's version of this so much - amazing talent.
          I know there's nothing wrong with that, but it still irks me you didn't write the original lol.
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Robyn is the most underrated pop star. Her songs are so good and should be way more successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taurus
              Robyn is the most underrated pop star. Her songs are so good and should be way more successful.
              Especially if we eep in mind that she was huge in the US in the 90s!

Comment

• took me years to get into this but now that i did ii realize it's pop perfection. dancing with tears in my eyes.

Comment

• I feel like everyone knows this song and it gets played on every party tbh.
                  be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• I find it sad that the cover version by that male singer (I forgot his name, no shade) is getting more buzz and succes than the original pop perfection or atleast in my country

Comment

• Originally posted by Taurus
                      Robyn is the most underrated pop star. Her songs are so good and should be way more successful.
                      [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• This song is a modern classic.

Comment

• Fab! That video is almost as good as the one of the four guys singing Girls Aloud songs on the London underground.
                          i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• I don't understand how this song wasn't a fire on the charts. Like everybody knows this one and it gets mentioned every time, yet outside of few countries the peaks for it weren't what you would call even a mild hit.
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              I don't understand how this song wasn't a fire on the charts. Like everybody knows this one and it gets mentioned every time, yet outside of few countries the peaks for it weren't what you would call even a mild hit.
                              I agree. Many people I know who don't really know Robyn, somehow know this song. Yet it wasn't what one calls a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper View Post
                                I find it sad that the cover version by that male singer (I forgot his name, no shade) is getting more buzz and succes than the original pop perfection or atleast in my country
                                I still stand by this, while I also Love Calum now lmao

Comment

• That Calum version is just a horrendous excuse of a song. The fact that people bought it more than the Robyn version just says everything about the charts and taste these days.
                                  i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest View Post
                                    took me years to get into this but now that i did ii realize it's pop perfection. dancing with tears in my eyes.
                                    Ultravox fan?

Comment

• One of my favourite songs of all time. Perfect.

Comment

• Still utterly adore this, it just doesn't get old nor stale - it's a pop classic.

Comment

• Who says dance-pop is soulless? This has grown on me so much over the years.
                                          Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Ghey On My Own
                                            Originally posted by Kaloki
                                            I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• This song got so many mentions in the Best Songs of the Decade lists.

#1 Insider Top 100 Songs of the Decade

#1 Consequence of Sounds Top 100 Songs of the 2010s

#1 NME Greatest Songs of the Decade

#1 Slant Magazine The 100 Best Singles of the 2010s

#1 Stereogum The 200 Best Songs of the 2010s

#3 Pitchfork Top 200 Best Songs of the 2010s

#13 Crack Magazine Top 100 Songs of the Decade

Harper's Bazaar (unranked list) 35 Best Songs of the Decade

This was just a quick Google search, but the songs was basically the top pick overall for the song of the 2010s. Deservedly so.

Comment

• Wow, it really is a critical darling. A work of art.

Comment

Working...
                                                X