Taylor Swift - Speak Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so excited for this album.
    I loved the title 'Fearless' but I'm not too keen on this one :-?, but oh well it's the music that matters.
    The fact she's wrote all the songs by herself makes me even more interested. Hopefully she can deliver, which I'm sure she will. I do think it will be quite hard to top Fearless imo but here's hoping I'm wrong.

Comment

Chart Sales of the first single should give us an idea if Speak Now will outsell Fearless...or by how much it will outsell Fearless?

I had estimated 800k to 1.5 million albums in the first week, but that will be strongly affected by the popularity of the first single.
      Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

^ I definitely think the first single will be a big factor.
        If she has a strong lead single with the appeal that her other songs had to people then I'm sure her opening will be very big. But if it's something that is medicore and doesn't appeal to the people who bought her music previously then I definitely think that will affect her opening. This has happened in a few cases in the last couple of months.
        I'm sure she'll be fine though.

Comment

I don't mind if she has more songs ala Love Story.
          2009 YEC[#1]
          2011 CHARTS

Comment

I guess they're gonna try and cross over to both pop and country with Mine. Hope it's a sweet midtempo
            They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

Yeah I think it will probably be a mid-tempo sweet song too. Or perhaps something similar to 'Love Story' or 'You Belong With Me'. All I know is that whatever it is I can't wait.

Btw congrats on reaching 10,000 posts volver!

Comment

Thanks hon

And congrats to your 7000 post!

Comment

Hope it's something great. I'd maybe like her to switch things up a little, Joshua's plan sounded perfect. Today Was A Fairytale was pretty boring, but I have much higher hopes for this!
                  late.

Comment

I like the idea of mine..

Like katy perry, not so good album title, but will be acceptable after few singles

Comment

Originally posted by volver
                      Thanks hon

And congrats to your 7000 post!
                      Thanks.

Comment

I don't like the title very much. :-?

Comment

Taylor's Album # 3: Speak Now

Once we start looking at 0.8 to 1.5 million albums sold in the first week, huge sales through the holidays become self fulfilling - people will buy it because it's selling so well.

...an October 25th release date would give Taylor's Album # 3...10 Billboard weeks until year end...Fearless sold 2.1 million albums in 7 weeks, so 10 weeks with Taylor on top of her game could be in the 2.5 to 4,5 million range

Prediction: 4 to 8 million US albums in 2010

Taylor will likely be the # 1 selling artist in the US for 2010 if Album # 3 sales predictions are correct for an October release date. Typically huge sales from Album # 3 would be expected to drag Taylor's other albums along in its huge slipstream for these unbelievable sales predictions:

Fearless . . . 1.0 to 2.2 million - possible top 10 album for 2010

TS-2006 . . . 0.3 to 0.8 million

Holiday Collection . . . 0.2 to 0.5 million

Album # 3 . . . 2.5 to 4.5 million - top 3 album for 2010

- Album # 3 release week 0.8 to 1.5 million albums
                          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

^ seriously?
                            I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Merci
                              ^ seriously?
                              of course, it all starts with the first single but I think we can expect Speak Now to sell better than Fearless. Whenever an artist has a huge album, their older albums sell like crazy also...and if you look at the bottom end of my prediction, you might agree that it is quite possible:

Prediction: 4 million US albums in 2010

Fearless . . . 1.0 million [0.6 M sold already]

TS-2006 . . . 0.3 million [0.15 M sold already]

Holiday Collection . . . 0.2 million

Album # 3 . . . 2.5 million - top 3 album for 2010
                              [Fearless had 7 Billboard weeks to sell 2.1 million albums while Speak Now has 10 weeks]

- Album # 3 release week 0.8 million albums

Comment

Apparently Taylor confirmed that Sparks Fly will be included on the album. I really hope so! The song sounds amazing!! Here's a live recording of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDl_8ovR ... re=related
                                Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_d
                                  Apparently Taylor confirmed that Sparks Fly will be included on the album. I really hope so! The song sounds amazing!! Here's a live recording of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDl_8ovR ... re=related
                                  ...we've lived with a scratchy recording of Sparks Fly for too long! Sparks Fly [2010] will be unbelievable...and Taylor might have half a dozen songs on this album that will leave it in the dust

Comment

The cheap live recording of it even sounds amazing so I am so excited to finally have the real deal. I can't wait for the album to be released.

Comment

I've been dying for a studio version of Sparks Fly. The live performance is nothing short of amazing. Future single please!

Comment

Originally posted by volver
                                        I've been dying for a studio version of Sparks Fly. The live performance is nothing short of amazing. Future single please!
                                        I think it could be. It was meant to be released as the first single from the Platinum edition of Fearless but it didn't even make the cut. They ended up just releasing singles from the original album so I think that maybe she decided to save it for this album in hopes it would be a single. Wishful thinking anyway!!

Comment

Album cover? Looks fanmade.

Comment

^ I sure do hope not. I don't like it at all. :-?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2010

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaa

Let's hope not. That is hideous.
                                              Beyoncé :: The Queen B :: The Legend :: Iconic

Syleena Johnson - Chapter V: Underrated :: OUT NOW

Comment

Originally posted by GlennW04

It's actually not that bad. Fearless had an awesome album cover though, and this doesn't quite match it.
                                                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                                  Originally posted by GlennW04

It's actually not that bad. Fearless had an awesome album cover though, and this doesn't quite match it.
                                                  I think it's absolutely awful... what is she wearing?!
                                                  Beyoncé :: The Queen B :: The Legend :: Iconic

Syleena Johnson - Chapter V: Underrated :: OUT NOW

Comment

wtf? that's ridiculous, that must not be album cover, she looks like clown with zero sense for fashion

Comment

Working...
                                                    X