No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^ Ignore my previous post; I was just being nasty. You're right sales alone aren't an indication of a good album. The truth is I like Memoirs, but it's only because I'm a Mariah fan. I probably wouldn't like MCIIY much either if I weren't already a fan, but I do believe the overall quality is superior. Both albums were a bit rushed and feel it in places, but I think MCIIY will have more staying power. Maybe it's because it's a Christmas album, or maybe it's because her voice is better, but I prefer it to Memoirs.
    You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Just not too long time! 2010-13 is perfect =)
      P=MC2's Top 20
      Originally posted by Merci
      Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

• I don't mind even if she releases in 2014, as long as it has a #1 hit and the album goes platinum!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
          I don't mind even if she releases in 2014, as long as it has a #1 hit and the album goes platinum!
          platinum in 2014? good luck with that... really huge artists have major troubles reaching that sum in 2010..

I cannot wait to see Madonna's, Celine's and Whitney's next album's performances.. they will give everyone a hint at what is still possible and why none of Mariah's albums performances can be described as flops.. in the US!
          My Chart

Comment

• There's no guarantee if Mariah releases an album in 2015 she's gonna have a hit... it's just too long. She can release a song next year and be a hit, we'll never know (i'm not saying i want her to rush).
            In regards to the tour... as much as i love Mariah i have to say she's lazy when it comes to tour. She never toured that long (50 dates in one year and another 50 dates after a CD)...with 2 babies and a husband at home... i don't think so. Nick has a bunch of jobs in the US, she's not gonna be away from him overseas doing concerts... she doesn't need it, also she already said she is going to prioritize her personal life.
            She's been on the business for more than 20 years, had plenty of hits, i really don't think she gonna work herself to the ground just to have another hit. At this point in her life she's just having fun, she doesn't have to prove anything.
            I'm happy with all the amazing vocals she's been giving us through her albums. Anything else it's just extra. (but she needs to step her game up in her videos)
            Do you care for me beyond idolization?

Comment

• Mariah should release random singles in the next 1-2 years.. without an album to accompany them... it's the only way I can see her getting hits.. Obsessed wouldn't have necessarily needed Memoirs...

But I really hope that we will see a MCIIY promo tour part deux next season.. so that the album really gets a chance at going platinum.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by YesMC
                but she needs to step her game up in her videos
                Exactly! She has the worst video catalog (there are more bad videos than good videos)! No wonder why she never had a videography DVD.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                  Originally posted by YesMC
                  but she needs to step her game up in her videos
                  Exactly! She has the worst video catalog (there are more bad videos than good videos)! No wonder why she never had a videography DVD.
                  her videos got worse after TMB.. I think she had some great videos before that album era. Since Bye bye her videos are crap... Oh Santa might be an exception because she was pregnant and it's christmas song and I have to admit that I think that the OS video is cute.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                    HDD 22% in... 66,000 sold already!! Biggest sales week so far and still counting!
                    I'm absolutely sure that you haven't understand it the right way. The prediction is that she may sell OVERALL 66k not over 200k. I checked the HDD site and it's VERY unlikely that 20# is gonna sold over 200k.

PS: What means that face at the end :-? , were you being sarcastic , I can't take those kind of jokes ... I was going faint dramatically and then I realized ... that there isn't any reason to faint . I still hope that MCIIYOU sells over 500k.
                    https://soundcloud.com/kristjan-jaanek-m-lder

Comment

• Originally posted by MariahLamb
                      Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                      HDD 22% in... 66,000 sold already!! Biggest sales week so far and still counting!
                      I'm absolutely sure that you haven't understand it the right way. The prediction is that she may sell OVERALL 66k not over 200k. I checked the HDD site and it's VERY unlikely that 20# is gonna sold over 200k.

PS: What means that face at the end :-? , were you being sarcastic , I can't take those kind of jokes ... I was going faint dramatically and then I realized ... that there isn't any reason to faint . I still hope that MCIIYOU sells over 500k.
                      No the face was a 2 fingers to the haters lol

Ive never known HDD put last weeks sales up and put 22% at the top! Its always been what it says!

Just this once, it happens and pisses me right off!!

sorry for the false claim. i'm now as disspointed as you x
                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                        Originally posted by MariahLamb

No the face was a 2 fingers to the haters lol

Ive never known HDD put last weeks sales up and put 22% at the top! Its always been what it says!

Just this once, it happens and pisses me right off!!

sorry for the false claim. i'm now as disspointed as you x
                        that's an site error... (actually HDD has done even worse mistakes in past years.. I follow the site since 2002)
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by YesMC
                          Originally posted by divingmuffin
                          Originally posted by lush

*faints*
                          Amazing news!!

So MCIIY will probably go gold and will outsell Memoirs even! Haha further proof that Memoirs should have never existed. I'm hoping this album will have good sales next year too, but that remains to be seen.

I don't agree at all... how do you say that Memoirs should have never existed??? The album is great! People needs to stop rating the albums based on sales. It didn't sell much because it wasn't properly promoted. In my opinion its one of her best.

Comment

• I don't care what anyone says, "Memoirs..." was a weak album and it did nothing but damage Mariah's career even more. The whole album is dull and my opinion isn't based off it's commercial success.

The album was promoted everywhere so bad promotion is a lame excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealestMC
                              I don't care what anyone says, "Memoirs..." was a weak album and it did nothing but damage Mariah's career even more. The whole album is dull and my opinion isn't based off it's commercial success.

I agree with you although I do think it has its musical merits.

Comment

+1, although I love the album

Comment

I don't care what anyone says, "Memoirs..." was a weak album and it did nothing but damage Mariah's career even more. The whole album is dull and my opinion isn't based off it's commercial success.

IMO It's a good album. There are some lame tracks, but most of them are great. IWNKLI was a radio hit in Brazil and in Europe, Obsessed in the US. She didn't only have that ONE international smash hit.
                                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• I can't believe IWTKWLI went top 20 (briefly) in the UK

Comment

• Another reason why lambs are the most creative and festive fans ever! http://madaboutmariah.com/?p=616

I can't imagine how proud Mariah feels when she sees stuff like that.
                                      GTFO

Comment

• I wish she was my sister!!

edit: OMG she uses Glitter & Memoirs songs, and the bride knows ALL the words, dedicated L.A.M.B.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAM
                                          Another reason why lambs are the most creative and festive fans ever! http://madaboutmariah.com/?p=616

I can't imagine how proud Mariah feels when she sees stuff like that.
                                          Omg that is so sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                                            I wish she was my sister!!

edit: OMG she uses Glitter & Memoirs songs, and the bride knows ALL the words, dedicated L.A.M.B.
                                            +1

I have never thoguht that i will hear Glitter songs from a wedding
                                            P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

• I think memoirs was obviously a distraction fir mariah due to her miscarriage and it shows on the album. She sounds sad and angry on the album :( what us MCIIY suppose to sell this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by PosziMC2
                                                Originally posted by Charmbracelet

+1

U can come to my wedding! The DJ will be instructed to ONLY play songs by Mariah, Janet, Whitney & Mary J.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                                                  Originally posted by PosziMC2
                                                  Originally posted by Charmbracelet

+1

U can come to my wedding! The DJ will be instructed to ONLY play songs by Mariah, Janet, Whitney & Mary J.

If he/she plays Loverboy , Love That Man,Each Tear or I Am i will be dead!
                                                  P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

• If only Mariah's "Wedding Song" had leaked

Comment

Working...
                                                    X