No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the time L.A. was the most important person there, and if he was behind the project then everyone else's opinions and comments were irrelevant.

Wmosi & I were talking about the U.S. when regarding promo and this album's sales compared to other Christmas albums.

Comment

• I think really most people would have thought, why mess with a classic? By that I mean the original Merry Christmas being such an Xmas album staple, AIWFCIY being a annual hit, it might have just seemed a bit desperate for her to release a second Christmas album, especially coming straight after an album that underperformed. Considering that Merry Christmas still sells so well, I think this did OK.

Oh Santa was a great track but maybe it wasn't christmassy enough for people to think of this album as another classic Christmas album. Anyway, maybe it underperformed but we got some great performances from Mariah and a massive step up in production, lyrics and vocals from Memoirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMCfan
        I think really most people would have thought, why mess with a classic? By that I mean the original Merry Christmas being such an Xmas album staple, AIWFCIY being a annual hit, it might have just seemed a bit desperate for her to release a second Christmas album, especially coming straight after an album that underperformed. Considering that Merry Christmas still sells so well, I think this did OK.

Oh Santa was a great track but maybe it wasn't christmassy enough for people to think of this album as another classic Christmas album. Anyway, maybe it underperformed but we got some great performances from Mariah and a massive step up in production, lyrics and vocals from Memoirs.

Still in this day and age, a second xmas album going Gold is not bad at all.

Comment

• She should re-release this with the duet songs and bonus DVD with the music videos!

CD
          1. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (Intro)
          2. "Oh Santa!"
          3. "O Little Town of Bethlehem" / "Little Drummer Boy" (Medley)
          4. "Christmas Time Is in the Air Again"
          5. "The First Noel" / "Born Is the King" (Interlude)
          6. "When Christmas Comes"
          7. "Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)" / "Housetop Celebration"
          8. "Charlie Brown Christmas"
          9. "O Come All Ye Faithful" / "Hallelujah Chorus" (featuring Patricia Carey)
          10. "O Holy Night" (Live from WPC in South Central Los Angeles)
          11. "One Child"
          12. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (Extra Festive)
          13. "Auld Lang Syne" (The New Year's Anthem)
          14. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (Extra Festive) (with Justin Bieber)
          15. "When Christmas Comes" (with John Legend)

DVD
          1. "Oh Santa!" (music video)
          2. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (Extra Festive) (with Justin Bieber) (music video)
          3. "O Come All Ye Faithful" / "Hallelujah Chorus" (featuring Patricia Carey) (music video)
          4. "Charlie Brown Christmas" (music video)
          5. "O Holy Night" (Live from WPC in South Central Los Angeles) (music video)
          6. "When Christmas Comes" (with John Legend) (music video)
          7. "Auld Lang Syne" (The New Year's Anthem) (music video)

Comment

• I feel like it's not enough to re-release an album.
            They can't compete with MC
            The whole entire world can tell
            That you love yourself some me

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
              She should re-release this with the duet songs and bonus DVD with the music videos!

CD
              1. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (Intro)
              2. "Oh Santa!"
              3. "O Little Town of Bethlehem" / "Little Drummer Boy" (Medley)
              4. "Christmas Time Is in the Air Again"
              5. "The First Noel" / "Born Is the King" (Interlude)
              6. "When Christmas Comes"
              7. "Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)" / "Housetop Celebration"
              8. "Charlie Brown Christmas"
              9. "O Come All Ye Faithful" / "Hallelujah Chorus" (featuring Patricia Carey)
              10. "O Holy Night" (Live from WPC in South Central Los Angeles)
              11. "One Child"
              12. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (Extra Festive)
              13. "Auld Lang Syne" (The New Year's Anthem)
              14. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (Extra Festive) (with Justin Bieber)
              15. "When Christmas Comes" (with John Legend)

DVD
              1. "Oh Santa!" (music video)
              2. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (Extra Festive) (with Justin Bieber) (music video)
              3. "O Come All Ye Faithful" / "Hallelujah Chorus" (featuring Patricia Carey) (music video)
              4. "Charlie Brown Christmas" (music video)
              5. "O Holy Night" (Live from WPC in South Central Los Angeles) (music video)
              6. "When Christmas Comes" (with John Legend) (music video)
              7. "Auld Lang Syne" (The New Year's Anthem) (music video)
              It's SUPERFESTIVE, dahhhhhling!

Comment

• Why thank you for correcting me, dahhling!

Well, if Mariah was smart enough, she should promote this too later this year, I think it wouldn't hurt to see her do promo after promo before Idol, and the album release next year.

Comment

• This would definitely start selling again this Christmas season if she promoted it. There are still quite a few potential singles left on the album, like 'Christmas Time Is In The Air Again', 'Here Comes Santa Claus' or 'One Child'. But I don't think it's gonna happen tbh.

Comment

• Can't believe we are only two months away from Mariah's craziness
                    You ain't gotta break down,
                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• I would actually die from happiness if "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" gets a single release with a classy video. More people should hear the song 'cause the song deserves to be a classic. This is the best thing she's done in the past 10 years IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackStar
                        I would actually die from happiness if "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" gets a single release with a classy video. More people should hear the song 'cause the song deserves to be a classic. This is the best thing she's done in the past 10 years IMO.
                        Co sign! Mc2y is a beautiful album and that is one of my favorite tracks
                        Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackStar
                          I would actually die from happiness if "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" gets a single release with a classy video. More people should hear the song 'cause the song deserves to be a classic. This is the best thing she's done in the past 10 years IMO.

I think it's in my top 10 fav MC songs, but if the video is a sexy one then its better to remain unreleased.

Comment

• Not gonna lie I really didn't want her to do this album. I was so pleasantly surprised how classy and well produced it sounded I thought it was a sort of return to form.

Comment

• This was so unexpected and sudden for the fans, especially when Mariah suddenly hinted this era in a Larry King interview, if I'm not mistaken, but you can really tell that Mariah put so much heart and soul in this project.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae
                                Not gonna lie I really didn't want her to do this album. I was so pleasantly surprised how classy and well produced it sounded I thought it was a sort of return to form.
                                Yeah I thought it was mistake at first because of how successful her first album was.

But it is such a beautiful album. Vocally a return to form. Great production. The lush sounding music is stunning and adds such a unique warm feel to the album. The orginal tracks are some of the best she had done since her Sony days.

She fully understood what was expected of her and she knew she had to deliver an album that stood up to its predecessor and it most certainly did.

I really love it and there are parts of it that are even better than the first album.

Comment

• one child is still the best vintage ballad.. since.. ehm 1997? really amazing.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• I want Triumphant (Get Them Xmas Gifts - Super Festive!) as the lead single of the re-release.
                                    My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                                      I want Triumphant (Get Them Xmas Gifts - Super Festive!) as the lead single of the re-release.
                                      ft. Janet Jackson and Busta Rhymes
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                                        Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                                        I want Triumphant (Get Them Xmas Gifts - Super Festive!) as the lead single of the re-release.
                                        And music video directed by Dem Babies!
                                        My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                                          Originally posted by stevyy
                                          Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                                          And music video directed by Dem Babies!
                                          Exclusively released on Napster!
                                          Tobby Mottola

Comment

• given oh santa! my first spin of the year yay

Comment

• I actually can't wait to start playing this again. Its so warm sounding if that makes sense.

Comment

• It's weird that no one posted here during Christmas 2012!

Anyway, this should have made an amazing alternate cover!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                                                  It's weird that no one posted here during Christmas 2012!

Anyway, this should have made an amazing alternate cover!

This Christmas I want to buy the one that comes in a Present box.

Comment

• Have this it's first spin today can't wait to start listening to both albums as the festive season gets closer

Comment

Working...
                                                    X