No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flawless Christmas album. You can tell they really put some work into this album.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
      You can tell they really put some work into this album.
      I don't know. I think the opposite.

Comment

• While I do enjoy this album I don't find it as appealing vocally as I once did.

Sounds incredibly processed and far too much cut and pasting of her vocals, most tracks sound quite disjointed in that respect.

Still love, CTIITAA, OS, HCSC, and WCC.
        Originally posted by Bsquared
        I hate to disagree with you @Dior because you are so handsome.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
          one child is still the best vintage ballad.. since.. ehm 1997? really amazing.
          I agree. It's like a Christmas Classic from a disney movie.

Comment

• This has its flaws and it wasn't really necessary in her discography but overall it's very good! It puts me in a great mood.

People love to nitpick about everythinggg.

Comment

• I prefer this to her first one and yes I said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest
                This has its flaws and it wasn't really necessary in her discography but overall it's very good! It puts me in a great mood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlu84
                  I prefer this to her first one and yes I said it.

same here. the first one is a true classic, and I appreciate it a lot. But I like this one better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                    Flawless Christmas album. You can tell they really put some work into this album.
                    My Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by yigit
                      Originally posted by Pawlu84

same here. the first one is a true classic, and I appreciate it a lot. But I like this one better.
                      Me too! This one is more festive which is how I like my Christmas to be!

Comment

• I have started to spin this album again. I have to say that the original songs are unbelievably strong. They really fit into the flow of all the classic Christmas songs.

I'm glad that she recorded this album.

Comment

• I've come to realise this album is something of a mess.

Comment

This has its flaws and it wasn't really necessary in her discography but overall it's very good! It puts me in a great mood.

Still feel the same way but I haven't even listened to it this year.

The original though.....

Comment

• I only listen to a select few songs from this one. The orginal is all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cless
                                Originally posted by yigit
                                Originally posted by Pawlu84
                                Me too! This one is more festive which is how I like my Christmas to be!
                                I agree its more festive yet more mature at the same time, new tracks are all amazing, the duet with Mamma Patricia was a very special moment too. And the vocals were incredible to the point haters keep pressed

Comment

• Aww I love this album! I see it as Merry Christmas' little sister. (:

The only songs I'm not a big fan of are Here Comes Santa Claus/Housetop Celebration, OHN ("Live") and Auld Lang Syne, even though they don't bother me enough to press skip.

What I loved about this record is that Mariah was so involved, much more than she was with Memoirs anyway. Recording with full orchestras and working so closely with Big Jim and Randy. If you watch the DVD you get a sense of how immersed she was in the creation of MCIIY and how much she enjoyed making it. Imo this album came out very classic sounding while also maintaining a more modern flavor here and there.

I think if the original wasn't the classic it is (I mean that album is always placed alongside Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole's classic holiday albums in all-time-best lists), maybe more people would love give this one a chance.

Christmas Time Is In The Air Again, One Child, When Christmas Comes, Charlie Brown Christmas, The First Noel/Born Is The King, Oh Santa! are all beautiful songs to listen to during the holiday season.
                                  DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

• Auld Lang Syne is a gay anthem. Especially the music video.

Eudaimonia
                                    Last.fm
                                    Instagram

Comment

• I prefer this album as well while her first one is a classic its far too religious for my tastes

Comment

• Listening to it now and it's a good album but it's kinda forgettable, especially compared to the first one which had her best vocal moments and best arrangements. The album would be great without the 'oversung' songs especially "O Little Town of Bethlehem"/"Little Drummer Boy" medley and "O Come All Ye Faithful"/"Hallelujah Chorus". Also, the added applause and cheers in "O Holy Night" (which obviously was not live since it was from the "O Holy Night 2000" music video) is also unnecessary.

1. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (Intro)
                                        2. "Oh Santa!"
                                        3. "Christmas Time Is in the Air Again"
                                        4. "The First Noel"/"Born Is the King" (Interlude)
                                        5. "When Christmas Comes"
                                        6. "Here Comes Santa Claus"
                                        7. "Charlie Brown Christmas"
                                        8. "One Child"
                                        9. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (Extra Festive)
                                        10. "Auld Lang Syne"

I think these 9 tracks (track 1 is only an intro anyway) already make it a solid album.

Comment

• The Good
                                          I choose to listen to Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Intro), When Christmas Comes, and Charlie Brown Christmas. They're close to the same level as the first album. One Child is a decent new version of Jesus Born On This Day. Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) / Housetop Celebration is average and it could do without the Housetop Celebration noise throughout, but still fun. Christmas Time Is In The Air Again and The First Noel / Born Is The King (Interlude) are okay even if she doesn't sound too great.

The Bad
                                          O Come All Ye Faithful / Hallelujah Chorus is more like o come all ye shrieks. I liked it at first but now it can be a little painful to get through. I love that she finally did a song with her mum. O Holy Night (Live from WPC in South Central Los Angeles) and All I Want For Christmas Is You (Extra Festive) are weird and unnecessary. O Holy Night is one of my favourites but that performance/recording thing is just strange and the added applause is too much self-indulgence to stomach. The orginal All I Want For Christmas Is You is perfection and not even Mariah herself can do it justice with a new version.

The Ugly
                                          Oh Santa! annoys the hell out of me. It sounds like she mumbles through the verses and the chant the backing singers are doing sounds like it belongs on The Best Damn Thing. She completely slaughtered both songs in O Little Town Of Bethlehem / Little Drummer Boy (Medley). Auld Lang Syne (The New Year's Anthem) is a tragic mess stuck on the end that doesn't fit in at all.

Comment

• Born Is The King (Interlude) is one of the best moments on the album.

Comment

• Good post
                                              wish to
                                              post online .
                                              You do not mind ?

Comment

Born Is The King (Interlude) is one of the best moments on the album.
                                                THIS!!!!!

I think that half of the album could be dismissed, tho.
                                                It gots some really strong material, but some unnecessary cuts too.

I totally love Oh Santa! So Hey ya-esque
                                                A little too much processed, tho. Them whistles could've come from her pipes, or from Patti's tea pot for that matter.
                                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I used to get festive to Auld Lang Syne but I find it so annoying now. I was shocked to read that it was a a RedOne production. Didn't know Mimz worked with him!

Comment

• Mimi really outdid herself on this album. Probably one of my favorite Mariah albums of all time, I just love it.
                                                    Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X