Lady Gaga - Born This Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jio
    Loved the interview and the bone things on her face and body as well. I am happy that the rest of the singles are "quite different" from "Born This Way". I also hope she lets the Madonna gimmick behind and goes a bit softer on the gay activist thing because it really takes away from her talent (which is beyond doubt).

I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at, but for a while now there seems to be some concern over whether GaGa actually cares about gay rights or just gay sales. of course, none of us will ever actually be inside of her head, so we'll never truly know just how much she genuinely cares about the issue...but since, in most states, gay couples still can't marry, adopt, or even be foster parents, among countless other things, I'm not going to attempt to silence a celebrity who has the balls to openly speak up for the gay community and draw attention to the equality issues that so many people are so content to just brush off.
    last.fm

Comment

• Ive really missed Gaga roaming the earth, being on loads of shows. She is so fun and talented and very real.
      "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• im really worried this is gonna get knocked of the top spot on UK itunes after Jessie J perofrmance at the Brits :( theirs really not that much in the pop bars even now

Comment

• Originally posted by SG1401
          im really worried this is gonna get knocked of the top spot on UK itunes after Jessie J perofrmance at the Brits :( theirs really not that much in the pop bars even now

After the performance she will be #1 almost for sure :x

Comment

• Her Jay Leno interview was great
            It made me like her, she seemed so honest, down to earth and sweet
            Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
              Originally posted by jio
              Loved the interview and the bone things on her face and body as well. I am happy that the rest of the singles are "quite different" from "Born This Way". I also hope she lets the Madonna gimmick behind and goes a bit softer on the gay activist thing because it really takes away from her talent (which is beyond doubt).

I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at, but for a while now there seems to be some concern over whether GaGa actually cares about gay rights or just gay sales. of course, none of us will ever actually be inside of her head, so we'll never truly know just how much she genuinely cares about the issue...but since, in most states, gay couples still can't marry, adopt, or even be foster parents, among countless other things, I'm not going to attempt to silence a celebrity who has the balls to openly speak up for the gay community and draw attention to the equality issues that so many people are so content to just brush off.
              I am all for gay rights and all, but let's face it Lady Gaga going on and on about gay rights won't change anything for the wider gay population, it's just a pose. If she wants to help, she can do it in a more modest way, in this way she just alienates people outside her fanbase and provokes question over whether she's sincere or not (I have no reason to think she doesn't care about gays but from a point on I think it just becomes self-serving without even realising it). Moreover I think there are more serious issues to deal with than the gay rights in the USA I mean come on, I would admire her more if she was speaking about something which isn't popular in her fanbase like immigrants' rights etc
              jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBoi
                Her Jay Leno interview was great
                same it was like all her interviews at the beginning of the fame era :p she seemed so normal and not on drugs

Comment

• Originally posted by SG1401
                  Originally posted by DaBoi
                  Her Jay Leno interview was great
                  same it was like all her interviews at the beginning of the fame era :p she seemed so normal and not on drugs
                  From what I remember, she used to be an ice queen in interviews. That looked like a drunken act.
                  Drip-droppin way down low for All the Alejandros that have gone before.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix98
                    Originally posted by jio

I am all for gay rights and all, but let's face it Lady Gaga going on and on about gay rights won't change anything for the wider gay population, it's just a pose. If she wants to help, she can do it in a more modest way, in this way she just alienates people outside her fanbase and provokes question over whether she's sincere or not (I have no reason to think she doesn't care about gays but from a point on I think it just becomes self-serving without even realising it). Moreover I think there are more serious issues to deal with than the gay rights in the USA I mean come on, I would admire her more if she was speaking about something which isn't popular in her fanbase like immigrants' rights etc
                    I definitely wouldn't mind if she focused on issues other than just gay rights, and I imagine she'll tackle other topics on Born This Way, but I still don't think there's anything wrong with speaking out about an issue that's relevant to a large portion of your fanbase. if people aren't vocal and persistant about an issue, there definitely won't be any change.

personally, I'd still be buying her music even if she wasn't so vocal about gay rights, but the fact that she is makes me even more proud to be her fan. if other fans are "alienated" by the fact that she's a gay rights activist, then maybe those listeners should start exploring more conservative artists.
                    last.fm

Comment

• I am all for gay rights as well, but the thing is, it will always remain a question for many if Gaga is pushing through this just for the publicity or if she's really sincere about it. I think a lot of people are wondering if she's doing all these because she really means it.

Like for instance, we all know that Gaga always comes out wearing unconventional outfits and unusual music videos, and she comes out with reasons to justify why she does those (just like the "egg" appearance in the Grammys which she said was a symbolism of a "rebirth of a new generation with no prejudice against others") but obviously, we all know that regardless of it signifying anything, it's still another tactic or gimmick for publicity that would often work towards her favor.

So basically for some, they're not as convinced since she would be benefiting from whatever she does anyway.

I'd still be supporting her music of course, not basing on her beliefs or whatsoever, but because I like her music and that she seems to be an artist worth supporting based on how she treats others like her fans and other peers.

Comment

• She still has to prove so many things to me to get my respect but...

And maybe ill change my mind about this...

The sogn is actually not that bad!

(still thinking she is ripping off other singes and styles)
                        Scholasboy is the nicest person in the entire world

Comment

• Originally posted by aPod
                          She still has to prove so many things to me to get my respect but...
                          Come off it.
                          Drip-droppin way down low for All the Alejandros that have gone before.

Comment

• I'm very interested in her now, can't wait for the album
                            Eating M&Ms from the little Grammy statues was insanely funny!
                            Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

• I loved the interview. The last part about the dates and the ''Are you having fun'' made me lol .

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98

I definitely wouldn't mind if she focused on issues other than just gay rights, and I imagine she'll tackle other topics on Born This Way, but I still don't think there's anything wrong with speaking out about an issue that's relevant to a large portion of your fanbase. if people aren't vocal and persistant about an issue, there definitely won't be any change.

personally, I'd still be buying her music even if she wasn't so vocal about gay rights, but the fact that she is makes me even more proud to be her fan. if other fans are "alienated" by the fact that she's a gay rights activist, then maybe those listeners should start exploring more conservative artists.
                                I get ya, but the point I am making is that her sincerity is under question for many people and she doesn't really help anyone but herself with her "activism" (regardless of whether she is really sincere about it or not) because the people who do listen to her are far from being the most conservative people on the planet. I also find it weird that she is so vocal about gays in the USA (who have it relatively easy) but I never heard her saying a thing about gays in other countries, even in Uganda where the gay issues are more real and well publicised.

Personally if I like someone's music I'd still buy it regardless of whether I agree with his views or not and I believe it's the same for most of the gay community. There have been loads and loads of gay icons from Cher to Britney but Gaga is probably the first one to embrace the gay community so vocally before the gay community embraced her and that puts the whole thing into question, that's all.
                                jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• I've played this 2 much already

Comment

• I understand why people question GaGa's sincerity towards the gay community. But what i dont understand is how people don't seem to question Madonna/Cher. You have to remember this is a music BUSINESS, it's their bread/butter. Unfortunately, all of them, have taken advantage of the gay/teen community at one point or another in order to stay relevant.

[quote]
                                    Lady Gaga: She is the queen, Madonna is the queen. I have so much and adoration for her. Being compared to her is unbelievably flattering, but in truth there is no one that can compare with Madonna. She is the queen![/quote

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/i-cant-wait- ... 45-75.html

Comment

• Originally posted by skapunk
                                      sorry I realised that was the chart thread

The interview on Jay Leno was amazing. She is smart, funny, intelligent and considerate. She is honest in her interviews, unlike some other stars who just come and speak the typical scripted boring stuff. She actually "chats" on chat shows
                                      I hate to make the comparison but she is just like the younger Madonna, in a good way of course, she and Madonna are very unique pop stars, separating themselves from the diva bs.
                                      Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix98

I get ya, but the point I am making is that her sincerity is under question for many people and she doesn't really help anyone but herself with her "activism" (regardless of whether she is really sincere about it or not) because the people who do listen to her are far from being the most conservative people on the planet. I also find it weird that she is so vocal about gays in the USA (who have it relatively easy) but I never heard her saying a thing about gays in other countries, even in Uganda where the gay issues are more real and well publicised.

Personally if I like someone's music I'd still buy it regardless of whether I agree with his views or not and I believe it's the same for most of the gay community. There have been loads and loads of gay icons from Cher to Britney but Gaga is probably the first one to embrace the gay community so vocally before the gay community embraced her and that puts the whole thing into question, that's all.
                                        she is herself bisexual, she is defending herself by defending the gay agenda.
                                        Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Little_Shoes
                                          Originally posted by skapunk

The interview on Jay Leno was amazing. She is smart, funny, intelligent and considerate. She is honest in her interviews, unlike some other stars who just come and speak the typical scripted boring stuff. She actually "chats" on chat shows
                                          I hate to make the comparison but she is just like the younger Madonna, in a good way of course, she and Madonna are very unique pop stars, separating themselves from the diva bs.
                                          co-sign 100%

She's just like a young Madonna, that's why i think there a Pop star who can take madonna crown in the future it's Gaga nobody else. She's as much intelligent and Smart as Madge was back her young days.

Comment

• Originally posted by CooperLaaa
                                            I've played this 2 much already

just passed the 100 plays

Comment

• Originally posted by DC3Foreva
                                              Originally posted by Little_Shoes
                                              Originally posted by skapunk

co-sign 100%

She's just like a young Madonna, that's why i think there a Pop star who can take madonna crown in the future it's Gaga nobody else. She's as much intelligent and Smart as Madge was back her young days.
                                              Both of them know how to win the crowd's approval. They're also very articulate and outspoken. They know how to come up with words to justify their actions. I won't really call them intelligent but it's just that they can easily get away with whatever gimmick they're up to, something that other artist can't do.

Anyway, I love both of them and will continue to look forward to their contributions in music.

Comment

• The best part of her Grammy performance was her dancing by farrrrr! I loved the energy and rawness of it...I was like "get it". Lol.

Comment

• Loved her on Jay Leno.

Although she was giving me Sarah Jessica Parker[Sarah Sanderson] circa '93 Hocus Pocus vibes.
                                                  You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

• Is she gonna do a promo tour for this?? Not tht she needs to

Comment

Working...
                                                    X