• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gagich
    Very ironic, since it turned me away from her

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper
      Originally posted by Gagich
      Very ironic, since it turned me away from her
      Haha I know right?! It was the song where she started losing fans and decreasing in popularity.
      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• it's a defense mechanism, I think
        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

• Born This Way music video - 3-Year Anniversary

27.02.2013 (Yesterday)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

Comment

• I'm usually pro-artsy dark bizarre Gaga, but always hated this song. Cheesy lyrics, sound, title, horribly pretentious video... not that the Judas video was any better, but at least the song was kinda cool.

I'm a huge fan of BTW album, still consider it her highest point despite the common opinions, but this single shouldn't have been released. The Edge of Glory or Marry the Night should've been lead singles, she totally wasted the latter on being the 5th single. Hell, every other song from the album would have made a better single than BTW
            last.fm

Comment

• Surprised to read all the criticism in the last two pages! Save for the "Express Yourself" comparisons, I thought most people really enjoyed this single.

Personally, I adore this. Okay, maybe the lyrics are a bit average (I hate the word 'cheesy') but I think the production is terrific and the message really empowering. It was a really brave release and I'm glad it turned out to be such a huge hit, even if most of its success was frontloaded. Such an ANTHEM.

I'll never defend the video though. Now that is an atrocity. :-?
              Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
                Surprised to read all the criticism in the last two pages! Save for the "Express Yourself" comparisons, I thought most people really enjoyed this single.

Personally, I adore this. Okay, maybe the lyrics are a bit average (I hate the word 'cheesy') but I think the production is terrific and the message really empowering. It was a really brave release and I'm glad it turned out to be such a huge hit, even if most of its success was frontloaded. Such an ANTHEM.

I'll never defend the video though. Now that is an atrocity. :-?
                This !!!

Comment

• I can't believe its taking so long to reach 4 million in US, ugh. Last it was at 3.8 million right? And how much has it sold in UK?

Comment

• liked this song only first 2 days, now i can't listen to it, i only listen it when i listen whole album

Comment

• Don't care what anybody says, I love the video and I think it's her 2nd best (only behind BR).

Comment

• The video that I actually find good "cinematography-wise" despite the criticism is "Alejandro" (although that's probably the video where she started alieanating her fans).

Her videos IMO:

Bad Romance > Alejandro > Paparazzi > Telephone > Judas > Poker face > Just dance > G.U.Y > You & I > Marry the night > Born this way > Applause > Love game > The edge of glory > Eh eh >

"Telephone" could've been her 2nd best video to me if it weren't too over the top, I find "Paparazzi" slightly overrated while "Alejandro" underrated (as I already mentioned), I like a lot the raw low budget vibe of "Just dance". The problem with several of her other videos is that they feature too much, many stuff happening, too much exaggeration and many things all over the place (best examples being "You & I" , "G.U.Y" and "Marry the night") Its a bit messy.

About "Born this way", I think the intro is good and it starts very interesting , but then the whole thing falls flat, bland and boring even nearly forgettable.
                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I still don't think that this sounds anything like Express Yourself...
                          ? Girls' Generation ?
                          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Gaga invented plagiarism, if it wasn't for this Roar would never happen. legend

Comment

• Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                              I still don't think that this sounds anything like Express Yourself...
                              me too, the only similarity is that they're both bad
                              I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

• Still happy Lady Gaga released that song and fought for the message even when many people felt put-off and left her fanbase from here.

In the end of the day its what you did in your history. Many pop songs are nice, but releasing a whole album about empowerment and strength and dealing with who you are definitely helped a lot of people from their struggles. I was very proud of Gaga during that time.

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about this era. Visually, she lost me with long and awful videos. But as an album it's a solid record and much better than Artpop and i love this album. But this is the era that she started to lose fans and turned me off with her personality.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The title track is a feel-good song and I quite like it for that. However, the backlash it partly received was to be expected, especially considering the over-over-overhype that was surrounding it at the time.

Comment

• This is actually a really great song.

Comment

• ^ Yep. It is a really great pop song IMO. One of the best this decade IMO.

Comment

• This is so cringe worthy just like her look from this era...
                                          Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• God this song makes me cringe
                                            *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• her worst single along wit Marry The Night

Comment

• Originally posted by Merci
                                                it's a defense mechanism, I think
                                                You put the ism in this is all just a defense mechanism

Comment

• Originally posted by Biebz
                                                  God this song makes me cringe
                                                  ikr? the lyrics are too much
                                                  ¡Eh, mamá!
                                                  Me quiero matar
                                                  El mundo se va a la mierda
                                                  Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                                                    Originally posted by Merci
                                                    it's a defense mechanism, I think
                                                    You put the ism in this is all just a defense mechanism
                                                    that movie <3
                                                    last.fm

Comment

• I remember when I first heard this song i burst out laughing. After all the Hype she gave it saying it was the best pop song of all time etc and then that intro.... "Put your paws up, cause you were born this way babyyyy"
                                                      #Pray4AL6

Comment

• A smasha but was lowkey her downfall too.
                                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X