Lady Gaga - Born This Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fercho34
    I think in 2010 nobody cares about people's sexual orientation. She is obsessed with the theme like if we're living in the 80's.
    It's just a way for her to be able to constantly thank her fans, so when the world moves onto the next big thing, she can still perform for her most beloved fans, who were born this way, until the end of time like Cyndi Lauper or Donna Summer still do up to today.

Comment

I think in 2010 nobody cares about people's sexual orientation. She is obsessed with the theme like if we're living in the 80's.
      I dont agree with the first part I think being LGBT in 2010 is still really difficult and in my opinion getting worse now than 5/10 years ago simply because we live in a hate filled world. However I do think she knows alot of her fans are gay and she is using this theme simply to sell and cause controversy, unlike an artist like Madonna or P!nk who are big gay icons in their own right but don't use the theme to sell it just comes along with their amazingness.
      Beyhive #5491

Comment

I think people in general are more open with sexual orientation now. Just how I see it. Here on tv there are people of all sexual orientations, gay, bi, hetero etc

Comment

The majority of gay characters on tv/film are comic relief and such. On mainstream stuff that is.

That said, no wonder 'born this way' is still trending, VMAS had over 11million viewers last night!!

Comment

I can speak for myself and say I am so sick of this marketing product trying to speak for all of us gays in the world. To think she was once my 2nd fave artist

Comment

I think people in general are more open with sexual orientation now. Just how I see it. Here on tv there are people of all sexual orientations, gay, bi, hetero etc
              Absolutely.

I think it would interesting to see Gaga taking the Amy Winehouse way. Despite I'm not fond of Gaga, I think she can easily go that way. The problem is that she has to leave aside the theatrics, outfits, etc. I'm not sure if releasing songs and an album aimed at the Gay communities, or with sexual orientation messages will be positive for her. The Gay and sexual topic is kinda outdated nowadays. She will surely still sell, of course, but if I were her, I would not go that way.

Comment

The album doesn't stand for exclusively the gay community. It's for anyone that may feel like there is something wrong with them. Any kind of flaw, or anything and everything to do with you, is because you were Born this way. It's a message to be yourself, and love yourself. And GaGa wants all her fans to feel that way.
                Follow

Comment

Originally posted by Toadallstar2
                  The album doesn't stand for exclusively the gay community. It's for anyone that may feel like there is something wrong with them. Any kind of flaw, or anything and everything to do with you, is because you were Born this way. It's a message to be yourself, and love yourself. And GaGa wants all her fans to feel that way.
                  Wrong, she wants all her fans to think she thinks that way so they will buy her album
                  Beyhive #5491

Comment

It's nice to see Xtina stans are trying to start fanwars now....instead of the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by discoloser
                      It's nice to see Xtina stans are trying to start fanwars now....instead of the other way around.
                      Its nothing to do with Xtina, its just the way I roll
                      Beyhive #5491

Comment

"I'm beautiful in my way
                        'Cause God makes no mistakes
                        I'm on the right track
                        Baby, I was born this way"

*claps hands*

It needs to be another ballad like "Speechless".

Comment

Originally posted by willx
                          Absolutely.

I think it would interesting to see Gaga taking the Amy Winehouse way. Despite I'm not fond of Gaga, I think she can easily go that way. The problem is that she has to leave aside the theatrics, outfits, etc. I'm not sure if releasing songs and an album aimed at the Gay communities, or with sexual orientation messages will be positive for her. The Gay and sexual topic is kinda outdated nowadays. She will surely still sell, of course, but if I were her, I would not go that way.
                          Although I do find the gay subject kind of overdone, calculated and obvious (in other words cliche), we still have songs about self-respect, women power, black empowerment and so on. So if those stuff (which all started developing much before the gay movement) are not outdated, I can't see how the gay topic is.

PS Why does she remind me so much of Madonna in interviews?

PS2: I don't like the lyrics, they sound as a rehash of "Beautiful" to me, and the mention of God bothers me (can't explain why)
                          jio CHARTS NOW: 25/1/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10813101

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                            PS2: I don't like the lyrics, they sound as a rehash of "Beautiful" to me, and the mention of God bothers me (can't explain why)
                            Same here, I feel like she's trying to please the Christians too. They haven't added her on Christian radio yet have they? Maybe this is her chance.
                            Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                            Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Originally posted by Cactuar
                              Originally posted by jio
                              Same here, I feel like she's trying to please the Christians too. They haven't added her on Christian radio yet have they? Maybe this is her chance.
                              Maybe she wants to make it up for what she did on the Alejandro video. A mention of "God" on a Gaga song sounds awkward. I hope she drops it in the final version.

Comment

Originally posted by xtofer
                                A mention of "God" on a Gaga song sounds awkward.
                                Unless it ends with "-damn"!
                                Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Originally posted by Cactuar
                                  Originally posted by xtofer
                                  A mention of "God" on a Gaga song sounds awkward.
                                  Unless it ends with "-damn"!
                                  So true!

Comment

Drake & Gaga, collaboration pleaseeee
                                    maybe a song ala 'Eh Eh' or 'Paper Gangsta' or 'Chillin' featuring Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by discoloser
                                      Very ignorant.

People should be allowed to have an opinion without recieving comments like these from stans.

Comment

Hence why Kylie is so popular with straights now...

There is a fine line between accept the idea and accepting gays.

No way homosexuality is part of the society yet. The idea is yes . Kids that come out still cope it hence why this album might be tricky just because of names etc.

I think Britney is smart with her names and sound. Hence the smooth career.
                                        Forever Young

Comment

I was a huge Gaga fan until i saw the meat dress and accessories at the VMAs. From now on, i really don't care about her any more. She just became disgusting. I might listen to her future work but i will never buy anthing she releases legally. I'm sure i'll be attacked by many Gaga fans but i don't really care.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy
                                            I was a huge Gaga fan until i saw the meat dress and accessories at the VMAs. From now on, i really don't care about her any more. She just became disgusting. I might listen to her future work but i will never buy anthing she releases legally. I'm sure i'll be attacked by many Gaga fans but i don't really care.
                                            "Oh my god she wore a MEAT dress! I'm not buying her music anymore!"

Come on. I'm not going to attack you for being hilarious though.
                                            Drip-droppin way down low for All the Alejandros that have gone before.

Comment

!

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                                                Drake & Gaga, collaboration pleaseeee
                                                maybe a song ala 'Eh Eh' or 'Paper Gangsta' or 'Chillin' featuring Drake.

Drake is over rated as hell, very mediocre imo.
                                                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Originally posted by VanityEgo

Her explanation on ellen for this was actually interesting and I support the dress for once
                                                  Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru
                                                    Originally posted by VanityEgo

Her explanation on ellen for this was actually interesting and I support the dress for once
                                                    I just saw that now. I think Gaga is by far the most interesting female persona out now but I found her explanation lame. She should have taken into an animal rights perspective like I am wearing it to make you think what you are wearing or eating or something but she chose not to be that controversial which is a shame

Am I the only one who is bothered by her embrace of the gay community? I mean we had loads and loads of gay icons before and I can't remember any of them seeming to run after such status, it just happened naturally (hell Cher even proved to be homophobic in some extent). Now Gaga talking non-stop about gay rights doesn't seem natural
                                                    jio CHARTS NOW: 25/1/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10813101

Comment

Working...
                                                    X