Katy Perry - E.T.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katy Perry - E.T.

Confirmed as fourth single in a radio interview with Pitchfork's Ryan Dombal.
    They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Good choice

Comment

Amazing choice! And I really hope they will use this as the official single cover

Comment

I'm so happy about this single choice. Although I think "Last Friday Night" or "Hummingbird Heartbeat" would have been more obvious, safer choices, I think that "E.T." is a fantastic song and I absolutely cannot wait to see what kind of music video she creates for it!!! I've been daydreaming about what a music video for this song would look like ever since "Teenage Dream" came out and I'm thrilled that we're actually going to get one.

Comment

Last Friday Night and Peacock would be better choices because have recieved higher amounts of downloads on iTunes since the album came out. I'm sure this will be very popular though.

Comment

I'm really happy that E.T. is the next single. (Even though I thought peacock was the more obvious choice for the next single) I can see it being a moderate hit. And I'm really excited to see the music video. She can be very creative with the music video for this.
            Keep On Rockin'

Comment

HQ Performance at Jingle Bell 2010, Boston

She ruined the first verse a bit. But other than that, it was nice.

Comment

fantastic choice!
                Last FM <3
                Instagram

Comment

Perfect choice! Only problem is that i already have played it quiet some!

Comment

Nothing's been officially confirmed yet. All blogs and forums are linking to the official Pitchfork Twitter page, but there's no actual information to be found on there. It seems like everyone's talking about the 'exclusive radio interview', while no one has actually heard it.
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

PM a mod when we get further confirmation and we'll re-open.
                      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

With the emergence of the new Tinie Tempah remix and also this has been playlisted by Nova here in Australia, I think we have enough evidence now to have this open.
                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Katy Perry Feat. Tinie Tempah - E.T. (Remix)

I like the remix, I hope they use this as this as the single edit.

Comment

Don't really like the Tinie remix, doesn't fit.

Comment

I quite like the Tinie mix. I'm guessing that will be the version they will release in the UK just to guarantee that it will be a hit.

Comment

So this is the OFFICIAL next single after 'Firework'?

Comment

This song is...alrightttt...hoping she'll have an ace video to save it.

I reckon she should do something like 'What's A Girl To Do?' by Bat For Lashes. Riding a bike through the woods.

Comment

Best song ever by the Perry! I want a futuristic video...her mebbe kicking some alien ass!
                                    Yeah Yeah Yeah, We Could Do This Forever!

Comment

The chorus is so infectious and addicting! Best song I've heard from this era (even though nothing will ever top "I kissed a girl" which I still love )

And it's not Tine Tempah's best rap but it's quite good.

Hope it will be a hit.
                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

The single choices this era have been AMAZING. LOVE this. This is completely different to anything out there atm and I hope it's another top 5 smash!
                                        What's the lord think of me, for being so f***ing weak?

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of this song at first, but it has really grown on me over the past few months. I still would've prefered 'Last Friday Night', 'The One That Got Away' or 'Circle The Drain' as the next single though. I'm glad she didn't go with 'Peacock'. It's a fun song, but not strong enough IMO.
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Absolutely love this.

California Gurls
                                            Teenage Dream
                                            Firework
                                            E.T.

What an incredible singles line-up!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9

Comment

Absolutely love this.

California Gurls
                                                Teenage Dream
                                                Firework
                                                E.T.

I've never much liked 'Firework' to be honest. Its a really good song, catchy, but I just don't connect with it.

Love the 'Boom Boom Boom, even brighter than the moon moon moon' bit though

Comment

Maybe you're already a firework and you didn't need Katy to tell you to "light the spark inside of you" because you've already done it. I, on the other hand, am in dire need of ignition, so the song is pretty motivational.

Comment

#59 On Australian iTunes. This will be huge!

Comment

Think 'Last Friday Night' could do well too. Possibly more so?

I Have a soft spot for 'Not Like The Movies' as well. Nice, dreamy spring song.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom92

I think the whole album is cracking apart from "Pearl" and "Who Am I Living For?", which are just 'okay'. I reckon she could release anything apart from those two songs and it'd do well. "Not Like The Movies" less so, but most people seem to really like it.

Comment

I think the whole album is cracking apart from "Pearl" and "Who Am I Living For?", which are just 'okay'. I reckon she could release anything apart from those two songs and it'd do well. "Not Like The Movies" less so, but most people seem to really like it.
                                                          That's exactly how I feel. They're both just so bland, the only ones I skip.

Comment

This song is...alrightttt...hoping she'll have an ace video to save it.

I reckon she should do something like 'What's A Girl To Do?' by Bat For Lashes. Riding a bike through the woods.
                                                            Save what? Do you really think she could flop?

Last Friday Night is surefire smash.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X