No announcement yet.

Lady Gaga - Born This Way [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you and i was released in different conditions it would've been a classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
      if you and i was released in different conditions it would've been a classic.
      For me it's still her THE classic ballad. MR can go hang itself.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy
        Originally posted by toni_pest
        MR is pure trash.

Comment

• ^Thank you!

Comment

• Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way [album]

You And I is an underrated gem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan
              Agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy
                Originally posted by toni_pest
                It's the only decent ballad she has. She's so bad at ballads, Million Reasons was a good example for that
                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• "You and I" is indeed her best "ballad" single release.

"Million Reasons" is fine but I always prefered other ballads on the album such as "Joanne" and "Angel Down".
                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan
                    !!

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                      As it should have been.

Comment

• And if she filmed a normal video for it. I watched it again twice today. It's ugh...

Comment

• Can we just agree that the booklet for this album is a copy / paste of Natalia Kills’ Perfectionist booklet?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                            Can we just agree that the booklet for this album is a copy / paste of Natalia Kills’ Perfectionist booklet?

Thanks.
                            No because that Natalia Kills album was released weeks after BTW
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              No because that Natalia Kills album was released weeks after BTW
                              Nope, the album was released on the 1st of April. Born this way, 23rd of May.

Comment

• This album could have been an email tbh

Mary the night though saved this from being a total mess
                                Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The Edge of Glory as the 2nd single wouldve smashed. Especially with a good video. And i cant believe she didnt do it on the Super Bowl

Comment

• It’s #20 on Slant Magazine’s list of the Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

20. Lady Gaga, Born This Way
                                      To call Born This Way one of the decade’s best albums will come as heresy only to the pop-, queer-, and woman-averse who Lady Gaga assails throughout this magnum opus with the force of a Gatling gun. A self-consciously, some might say Warholian, act of re-appropriation, Born This Way rises cannily and hilariously phoenix-like from its primordial soup of influences, which includes chunks of Cher, Madonna, David Bowie, Queen, Klaus Nomi, Grace Jones, even Dead or Alive. With its relentlessly throbbing beats and plethora of fierce breakdowns, this resuscitated vintage would be perfectly content as the soundtrack to fashion weeks and underground sex dungeons the world over, though really it’s intended as a sincere ode to the bedazzled hearts of outsiders past and present, real and imagined. Gonzalez
                                      https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It’s #7 on PAPER Magazine’s list of the 10 Top Albums of the 2010‘s:

Born This Way is bigger than Lady Gaga. Its first single and title track became a mission statement for the pop icon's entire career, normalizing the LGBTQ experience on a world stage and, most importantly, putting the word "transgender" on Top 40 radio.

This celebration introduced her 2011 epic, which packed together themes of youth, rebellion and freedom inside production that bridged the distant gap between Bruce Springsteen Americana and seedy Berlin electronic. With allusions to Christianity throughout and cover art suggesting Gaga was the vehicle for a new generation, Born This Way was decidedly ambitious — and entirely singular.

This era delivered some of Gaga's best-known anthems to date, from her pre-Joanne country bop "Yoü and I" to the massive '80s crescendo of "The Edge of Glory." But it's Born This Way's deep cuts where Gaga unleashed her strangest, most intricately coiled concepts. "Heavy Metal Lover" and "Government Hooker," two standouts, saw shiny metallic synths and grinding, machine-like bass get layered beneath twisted lyrics only Gaga could conceive: "I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south," she demands on one. "I'm gonna drink my tears tonight," she confesses on the other.

Then there's a hair metal-broadway baby hybrid ("Hair"), an ominous guitar-led hook-up song with church bells ("Electric Chapel"), a ferocious dance cut where Gaga purposefully butchers the German language on beat ("Scheibe"), and an eerie, melodic pop-opera with cultish chants and Gaga's piercing shrill ("Bloody Mary").

While music trends are typically ripped from the biggest stars and repeated ad nauseam, nothing has come close to sounding like Born This Way since its release nearly 10 years ago. And that's because nobody could possibly replicate the oddities that boil inside Gaga's brain, especially from a time when she was consistently unleashing some of the most provocative visuals, songs and ideas into mainstream pop culture. — Justin Moran
                                        https://www.papermag.com/paper-top-1...641630072.html

Comment

• This album is easily her magnum opus so far. So much in it. And in 2019 it doesn't feel as overproduced as back then. Sure, every song is busy as ****, but I feel like that helped it to age as well as it did.

She hasn't come close to the greatness of TF(M)/BTW since.

Comment

• idk I have a hard time naming it her magnus opus since I hardly can play it in full and that is not really because of the production actually. I always choose and pick from this album, same for ARTPOP these days. TFM and Joanne are her only albums I can play in full without skipping.

Comment

Working...
                                            X