• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure this will be bigger than Hold It Against Me
    "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

Originally posted by jpguy
      Avril is not in the level of Brit and GaGa, she's at a lower lever.... even in Japan, GAGA is bigger
      LOL what nonsense, each of Avril's albums has broke a million copies in Japan. Gaga's combined sales in Japan is not even at 500k. Avril is the biggest of them all in Japan FYI.
      Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
      Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Originally posted by Cactuar
        Avril is not in the level of Brit and GaGa, she's at a lower lever.... even in Japan, GAGA is bigger
        LOL what nonsense, each of Avril's albums has broke a million copies in Japan. Gaga's combined sales in Japan is not even at 500k.
        I love Avril and Gaga. I hope they both do great

Comment

Me too, I can't wait for what sound Gaga is going for with Born This Way. Avril chose to stick to the same formula, Britney tried experimenting but didn't stray from dance, Gaga will probably go rock?!
          Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
          Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Me too, I can't wait for what sound Gaga is going for with Born This Way. Avril chose to stick to the same formula, Britney tried experimenting but didn't stray from dance, Gaga will probably go rock?!
            I hope so, there has been a lack of rock lately, I hope Avril and Gaga can bring it back to popularity. It could do wonders for their albums

Comment

Really hope Gaga doesn't do rock, she would definitely lose me as a fan *barf*

Comment

This might be her sophomore slump... Who knows?

Comment

I don't necessarily want a 'rock' album, but something with a little rockish feel. Like I kissed a girl by Katy Perry or Skin by Rihanna.

Or something really dark. Like All The Things She Said by T.a.t.U

Comment

Originally posted by mykka
                    She is going the rock direction I think. She has given a lot of indications. Her album will be 60% Electro-Pop and 40% Glam-Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesssxD
                      Am I the only one over this?
                      You're not the only one...
                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Originally posted by skapunk
                        Originally posted by mykka
                        She is going the rock direction I think. She has given a lot of indications. Her album will be 60% Electro-Pop and 40% Glam-Rock.
                        "Scissor Sisters"-ish album, I'm sure I'll love it
                        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh

Comment

LOL what nonsense, each of Avril's albums has broke a million copies in Japan. Gaga's combined sales in Japan is not even at 500k. Avril is the biggest of them all in Japan FYI.
                            nowadays??? GAGA is massive in Japan! Let's see how Avril does...

Comment

I doubt she'll go glam-rock or even mainstream rock. "Speechless" is as rock as she will go.

GaGa's music is not original at all. It's just good radio-friendly pop music! So I doubt she will do something that is going to isolate her fans and radio.
                              GaGa's originality is just limited to her fashion IMO, not her music and lyrics.

Comment

Dont want to start a war. But Gaga best come hard!!!

otherwise she'll be lost in Britneys dust! lol
                                Representing the real truth in music....

Comment

Originally posted by MusicandSoul
                                  Dont want to start a war. But Gaga best come hard!!!

otherwise she'll be lost in Britneys dust! lol
                                  I dont wanna star a war. BUT...
                                  Scholasboy is the nicest person in the entire world

Comment

I want GaGa to stay away from dance/pop and do something more mature/unexpected but still with a lot of catchiness.

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova

GaGa's music is not original at all. It's just good radio-friendly pop music! So I doubt she will do something that is going to isolate her fans and radio.
                                      GaGa's originality is just limited to her fashion IMO, not her music and lyrics.
                                      Agree with this!
                                      Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Comment

It was a little bit original when RedOne didn't record song with everyone. Now we know where she got her sound from. Many Redones production sounds so "gaga" but maybe Gaga sounds sooo RedOne?

Comment

+1
                                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy4Brit

Agree with this!
                                            +2!

Comment

Agree with this!
                                              +2!
                                              + 10000000000000000000000000000000
                                              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Agree with this!
                                                +2!
                                                The one saying Gaga's music is not original is the one who said Jessie J "Do it like a Dude" lyrics had some kind of philosophical message. I surprise myself sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by fercho34

Agree with this!
                                                  +2!
                                                  The one saying Gaga's music is not original is the one who said Jessie J "Do it like a Dude" lyrics had some kind of philosophical message. I surprise myself sometimes
                                                  I never said it was philosophical honey bee! I said it was a fun empowerment song for girls which it is whilst also pointing out the flaws in men. No-one called it original.
                                                  Not like GaGa where "ra ra ra ah ah" has some deep meaning!

Anyway are you going to keep bringing up Jessie J anytime I post an opinion from now on!

Comment

....wait, and Britney's music isn't just radio friendly music? Not that the person didn't say that. However, the notion that Britney could pull out a serious album without radio material is laughable.

That's why the fanwar doesnt make sense to me, i guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Cmyk
                                                      It was a little bit original when RedOne didn't record song with everyone. Now we know where she got her sound from. Many Redones production sounds so "gaga" but maybe Gaga sounds sooo RedOne?
                                                      I think GaGa allowed RedOne to become more poppy! His productions for Kat DeLuna and Tami Chynn which I'm aware of from before where more urban and carribean sounding but used the same synths and chord sequences almost! I think that "Poker Face" is quite similar to Tami's "Hypnotico" but just poppier.

Comment

Originally posted by discoloser
                                                        ....wait, and Britney's music isn't just radio friendly music? Not that the person didn't say that. However, the notion that Britney could pull out a serious album without radio material is laughable.

That's why the fanwar doesnt make sense to me, i guess..
                                                        If that was aimed at me, I know Britney is going to release mainstream, radio friendly music. But unlike GaGa, Britney knows she does too!

Comment

Agree with this!
                                                          +2!
                                                          +100000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Comment

GaGa knows it, but her character is partially built on ego.

Comment

Going for adds on February 15!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X