No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF is an amazing record, I absolutely agree. Her most underrated with fans. HIR is just an ok track for me, though.
    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
      FF keeps on winning. Haters keeps on hating. In other words, the world turns as usual.
      Originally posted by mattsky View Post
      FF is an amazing record, I absolutely agree. Her most underrated with fans.
      Ehsacly!

When it first came out I didn’t like HIR at all (but I still liked TTYH less lol). I think it started growing on me when I watched the Femme Fatale Tour DVD and saw how much she enjoyed performing the song. And now it’s one of my favorite feel good anthems.
      Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue December 24th, 2019, 11:43.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I always liked How I Roll, though there are a selection of tracks on FF that didn't really stood the test of time imo.

Comment

• A lot of the tracks from this album are better than the four singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
            A lot of the tracks from this album are better than the four singles.
            Yup!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
              FF is an amazing record, I absolutely agree. Her most underrated with fans. HIR is just an ok track for me, though.
              The album (or pretty much the era - “aka zombie Britney” to be exact) is definitely highly criticized by her American fans, while the album is just overlooked in Europe in general.

However I can guarantee you that this era and album were not underrated by her Latin / Hispanic fanbase. This was literally her biggest era / album (in terms of a whole package: campaign, airplay / radio support, longevity, etc) in Latin America and the hispanic market since “In The Zone”. For some reason her latin fans really liked this era and responded to this way better than “Blackout” or “Circus”, even the 4th and final single “Criminal” did reasonably good on the radio here.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• "Femme Fatale” turns 9!

13 years into her career, “Femme Fatale” became her sixth #1 album on the Billboard 200 and her first #1 album in Australia while hitting the Top 10 in nearly every market.

The album received certifications in several countries around the world including France, Portugal, Sweden, Russia, UK, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Ireland, Australia among others. In the USA in particular the album is eligible for a 2x Platinum certification.

4 singles were released with strong radio impact and success, the frist 3 singles consecutively reached the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, the Hot 100 Airplay and The Mainstream Top 40 becoming Britney’s album with the most Top 10 hits in the USA. In consequence Britney was ranked the 10th biggest hitmaker of the year on the Billboard Hot 100 year-end chart.

”Hold It Against Me” hit #1 in the USA and registered high peaks everywhere in the world due to high demand and hype however it was the second single “Till The World Ends” the greater performer with solid Top 10 placements on the global charts, good chart-runs and longevity achieving multi-platinum status in multiple countries including the US where it sold over 3million units (pure sales alone), the 3rd single and Top 10 hit “I Wanna Go” became her biggest US solo radio hit and achieved commercial success all over The Americas and selected markets like France where it enjoyed major success.

The 4th single “Criminal” failed to match the previous singles’ success but it obtained decent placements in several charts like France and had major success in Brazil. Recently the song rebounded in terms of recurrent performance and it is Femme Fatale’s current Top streamed single (daily).

The era was responsible for Britney’s placement on the Billboard Top 100 Artists Of The Decade list.

"Femme Fatale" explored with dance, folktronica, dubstep and rock music genres and was met with positive critical reception scoring 4/5 stars on Rolling Stone and 7/10 stars on NME in addition of winning multiple MTV Awards.

Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I relistened to this today and tbh it ain’t as bad as some people think it is. It’s high energy and the productions are great. I even think Seal it with a kiss sounds better now than it did 9 years ago.

Every now and then I relisten to some songs that I never liked initially. In this case it was Trip to your heart. I listened to it today and fell in love with it! I don’t know why I never liked this one before. It’s so atmospheric and like a part 2 to Heaven On Earth. Also the vocals are more natural on this one. Can’t believe it took me 9 years to appreciate the song! Selfish however remains the dud for me. Simply don’t like that one.

Comment

• Anyone who dislikes this album should just leave UKMIX.
                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                      Anyone who dislikes this album should just leave UKMIX.
                      Period.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The 101 Best Albums of the 2010s

68. Britney Spears, Femme Fatale (2011)

Looking back, Femme Fatale was perhaps the album that helped solidify Britney Spears’ Las Vegas stint. Along with 2007’s Blackout, these twin mirrorball masterpieces found her embracing her full shamelessness and finding her comfort zone as a result. The pop star’s seventh studio LP is a swirl of sex and sadness that married then-burgeoning EDM and dubstep in a drive-through chapel. Since its 2011 release, the record’s swirl of Eurodance, electropop and trance has become even more infectious. Singles like the Kesha-penned “Till the World Ends,” “I Wanna Go” and “Hold It Against Me” aren’t lyrically complex by any means; Neil Strauss once wrote about trying out gross pickup techniques on Spears when he interviewed her, but lines like “If I said I want your body now / Would you hold it against me?” turned these around on such men for fun.

Often shortchanged by critics, the once-teen idol became a thrilling album artist six or seven albums in and her high-quality control has now outlasted all of her TRL peers, inching her legacy closer to Donna Summer or Diana Ross (whose biggest album was her 10th) than most would care to admit. Femme Fatale has only gotten better with time, allowing deep cuts like “Gasoline” and “Selfish” finally get their due, and if anyone can keep us dancing ’til the world ends, it’s still Britney, bitch. — Ilana Kaplan
                        https://www.spin.com/featured/the-10...010s/2/‬
                        Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri July 3rd, 2020, 15:01.

Comment

Working...
                        X