• GetBack
    replied
    TEASER 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN156SckSoo

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SG1401
    Perez Hiltons Twitter

@britneyspears Amidst all the #SuperBowl hoopla and DAYS later, FEMME FATALE is still trending! Impressive Britney fans
    The Britnatics really want to see this Q&A, it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Driftwood
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, Butterfly, Daydream, Rhythm Nation, Velvet Rope, Stripped, Back to Basics aren't really albums that "stood the test of time". I'm sure the general public don't even remember them as compared to albums like Thriller or Sgt. Pepper and the Lonely Hearts Club Band which are the true albums that stood the test of time. I think those albums (Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, Butterfly, Daydream, Rhythm Nation, Velvet Rope, Stripped, Back to Basics) were the most critically-acclaimed albums that defined these divas so that's why people regard those works highly. These albums are still far from classics.

Britney's ...Baby One More Time was actually going to be in the similar vein as Sheryl Crow's 1996 self-titled album (concentrating on adult contemporary and pop-rock influences) but was scrapped because that route won't work for her. Imagine if she sang songs like "A Change Would Do You Good" or "Soak Up the Sun". Obviously, she would not be as successful as she is today.

I'm not a music executive but in my opinion, the music business is about finding your strength as an artist and showcasing it. Britney's strength is feel-good pop dance songs that both the young and mature crowd love (whether they admit it or not). She may not be taken seriously (because she caters to the younger audience with her pop dance music and many of her songs do not really address serious themes or issues) but in the end, what matters most is being successful with it. It's basically how you market and connect yourself to the public. So far, she is doing an excellent job at it. I'm sure her biggest fans are loving it as well.
    This is what I call a really good post

Leave a comment:

• Driftwood
    replied
    Originally posted by Wmosi
    Originally posted by Driftwood
    There are thousands acts who make "mature" music, but out of charts and mainstream. Maybe people should listen to them and don't complain about the fact that somebody "never grow up".
    Whatever you say.
    Good answer Well, my point is simple. There is so much different music inside and outside the mainstream, that every person can find what suits him/her the most and enjoy it and follow it. Variety is good, if every artist/band will do the same it'll be boring. So I don't understand people who say that this artist should "do something..." or every artist should do "mature music" etc. Maybe they dissapointed that some talented, by their opinion, artists don't get the recognition they deserve, and some less talented, by their opinion, don't deserve the recognition they get.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Femme Fatale is trending for 5 days already!
    15th longest trending topic in Twitter:
    Femme Fatale - 5 days

YouTube:
    Britney Spears - "Hold It Against Me" Teaser #1
    Total views so far: 1,785,036

Britney Spears - "Hold It Against Me" Teaser #2
    Total views so far: 713,829

Britney Spears - "Hold It Against Me" Teaser #3
    Total views so far: 305,373

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    But to call The Bodyguard, MusicBox, Rhythm Nation, Ray of Light and such albums "ordinary" is just being narrow minded,honestly.They are Pop and R&B classics.Ofcourse they're not as huge and iconic as Thriller was, but then again...what was??
    What I meant was that they weren't really that revolutionary. They are outstanding masterpieces though and may be known as "classics" in their respective genres, but are far from the real classics like Sgt. Pepper and the Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Beatles), Thriller (Michael Jackson), Nevermind (Nirvana), In the Wee Small Hours (Frank Sinatra), Lady Soul (Aretha Franklin), Court and Spark (Joni Mitchell), and Imagine (John Lennon) among others, which changed the landscape of the music industry.
    I get what you mean.

I do agree though that "Hold It Against Me" is definitely her best single since Gimme More.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    But to call The Bodyguard, MusicBox, Rhythm Nation, Ray of Light and such albums "ordinary" is just being narrow minded,honestly.They are Pop and R&B classics.Ofcourse they're not as huge and iconic as Thriller was, but then again...what was??
    What I meant was that they weren't really that revolutionary. They are outstanding masterpieces though and may be known as "classics" in their respective genres, but are far from the real classics like Sgt. Pepper and the Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Beatles), Thriller (Michael Jackson), Nevermind (Nirvana), In the Wee Small Hours (Frank Sinatra), Lady Soul (Aretha Franklin), Court and Spark (Joni Mitchell), and Imagine (John Lennon) among others, which changed the landscape of the music industry.

Leave a comment:

• SG1401
    replied
    Perez Hiltons Twitter

@britneyspears Amidst all the #SuperBowl hoopla and DAYS later, FEMME FATALE is still trending! Impressive Britney fans

Leave a comment:

• Cmyk
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelukVKj ... r_embedded

This is a video teaser for some new promo which will air in NY taxis during the Fashion Week.

The confirmation was sent to britneyspears.pl by SONY.

Leave a comment:

• ginnyfan
    replied
    Well I think there was growth with Britney in the first part of her career and it culminated with In The Zone which was totally different to her previous sounds, more edgy, dark and r'n'b.

After that, well we all know what happened. Blackout was an album ahead of it's time, IMO. She did electro/auto tune thing before all the acts that do it now.

Circus was playing it safe, more pop and similar to her first 3 albums.

We'll see how FF sounds. I don't expect it to be the currently trendy sound, as HIAM shows. Again they are aiming more for commercial success and securing Brit's place on the scene with this one.

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Maybe i shouldn't have included Back to Basics and Stripped as Classics.

Y'all can't keep quoting the Baby One More Time video each and every time someone criticizes her artistic growth.
    That's just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• skapunk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesssxD
    How can people say there is no growth as an artist... when it's an album cover? We have heard one song, calm down!
    I based my opinion on the basis of HIAM, not the album cover!
    And I am very confident, she won't grow. I am waiting for the album as much as a stan is.

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Originally posted by SCHoli
    When "Stripped" stood the test of time, than "In The Zone" did too!
    +1

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    In the Zone is so underrated! It featured Britney at her best!

Leave a comment:

• SCHoli
    replied
    When "Stripped" stood the test of time, than "In The Zone" did too!

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied
    How can people say there is no growth as an artist... when it's an album cover? We have heard one song, calm down!

Leave a comment:

• alxx
    replied
    A lot of people would put credibility in front of success, but yeah, Britney is what she is. She's a brand name more than an artist.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, Butterfly, Daydream, Rhythm Nation, Velvet Rope, Stripped, Back to Basics aren't really albums that "stood the test of time". I'm sure the general public don't even remember them as compared to albums like Thriller or Sgt. Pepper and the Lonely Hearts Club Band which are the true albums that stood the test of time. I think those albums (Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, Butterfly, Daydream, Rhythm Nation, Velvet Rope, Stripped, Back to Basics) were the most critically-acclaimed albums that defined these divas so that's why people regard those works highly. These albums are still far from classics.

Britney's ...Baby One More Time was actually going to be in the similar vein as Sheryl Crow's 1996 self-titled album (concentrating on adult contemporary and pop-rock influences) but was scrapped because that route won't work for her. Imagine if she sang songs like "A Change Would Do You Good" or "Soak Up the Sun". Obviously, she would not be as successful as she is today.

I'm not a music executive but in my opinion, the music business is about finding your strength as an artist and showcasing it. Britney's strength is feel-good pop dance songs that both the young and mature crowd love (whether they admit it or not). She may not be taken seriously (because she caters to the younger audience with her pop dance music and many of her songs do not really address serious themes or issues) but in the end, what matters most is being successful with it. It's basically how you market and connect yourself to the public. So far, she is doing an excellent job at it. I'm sure her biggest fans are loving it as well.

Leave a comment:

• kral
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo92
    Ray Of Light/Like a Prayer/Butterfly/Daydream//Rhythm Nation/Velvet Rope/Stripped/Back to Basics

I love Britney, but i don't think she's had an album that has stood the test of time, and can be counted along with the classics.
    Back To Basics and Stripped have stood the test of time?
    Stripped has stood the test of time.
    Back to Basics wasn't as good, but it was a different direction musically.It was a Jazz/Soul record.

You know,you can't do BubbleGum Pop until the day you die.Some artistic maturity is needed at some point.
    Whatever you say.

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Originally posted by leoapp

Britney reacts to Xtina messing up the national anthem at the Superbowl XLV.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0UVxnGb8Gg
    DEAD

who makes bubblegum pop?

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Originally posted by Driftwood
    There are thousands acts who make "mature" music, but out of charts and mainstream. Maybe people should listen to them and don't complain about the fact that somebody "never grow up".
    Whatever you say.

Leave a comment:

• volver
    replied
    I really don't think Britney needs to tour this era. Maybe a mini promo tour in EU and Asia at the launch of the album but not an extensive one a la Circus.

Leave a comment:

• leoapp
    replied

Britney reacts to Xtina messing up the national anthem at the Superbowl XLV.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0UVxnGb8Gg

Leave a comment:

• Driftwood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo92
    Ray Of Light/Like a Prayer/Butterfly/Daydream//Rhythm Nation/Velvet Rope/Stripped/Back to Basics

I love Britney, but i don't think she's had an album that has stood the test of time, and can be counted along with the classics.
    Back To Basics and Stripped have stood the test of time?
    Stripped has stood the test of time.
    Back to Basics wasn't as good, but it was a different direction musically.It was a Jazz/Soul record.

You know,you can't do BubbleGum Pop until the day you die.Some artistic maturity is needed at some point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X