Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Rob Sheffield from the Rolling Stone places "How I Roll" at #11 on his ranking of the 50 best songs of the decade.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...y-2019-930226/

"Femme Fatale" was simply ahead of its time
    Wow. How I Roll is not even among her top 30 best songs IMO
    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• FF keeps on winning. Haters keeps on hating. In other words, the world turns as usual.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• FF is an amazing record, I absolutely agree. Her most underrated with fans. HIR is just an ok track for me, though.
        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
          FF keeps on winning. Haters keeps on hating. In other words, the world turns as usual.
          Originally posted by mattsky View Post
          FF is an amazing record, I absolutely agree. Her most underrated with fans.
          Ehsacly!

When it first came out I didn’t like HIR at all (but I still liked TTYH less lol). I think it started growing on me when I watched the Femme Fatale Tour DVD and saw how much she enjoyed performing the song. And now it’s one of my favorite feel good anthems.
          Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue December 24th, 2019, 11:43.
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I always liked How I Roll, though there are a selection of tracks on FF that didn't really stood the test of time imo.

Comment

• A lot of the tracks from this album are better than the four singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                A lot of the tracks from this album are better than the four singles.
                Yup!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                  FF is an amazing record, I absolutely agree. Her most underrated with fans. HIR is just an ok track for me, though.
                  The album (or pretty much the era - “aka zombie Britney” to be exact) is definitely highly criticized by her American fans, while the album is just overlooked in Europe in general.

However I can guarantee you that this era and album were not underrated by her Latin / Hispanic fanbase. This was literally her biggest era / album (in terms of a whole package: campaign, airplay / radio support, longevity, etc) in Latin America and the hispanic market since “In The Zone”. For some reason her latin fans really liked this era and responded to this way better than “Blackout” or “Circus”, even the 4th and final single “Criminal” did reasonably good on the radio here.
                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Working...
                  X