Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pomporella
    Thinking about it Hold It Against Me have Femme Fatale vibe. Do you think FF will be also a song/single?
    I hope so! That would be hot. & maybe with this title, the I Am In Love (With A Criminal) song actually might be on the album! Suits the title

Comment

Amazing title - I love it! I like the cover as well but not the font. :(
      LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Official press release
        http://www.britney.com/us/news/britney- ... ss-release

New York, NY – Britney Spears announces her seventh studio album is titled Femme Fatale. The iconic global superstar’s title Femme Fatale is a tribute to bold, empowered, confident, elusive, fun, flirty women and men. It’s not a conceptual album, Spears is letting the music speak for itself. She’s worked hard on it for two years and she considers it to be her “best album to date,” true to where she is now personally and professionally.
        Femme Fatale (Jive Records) is executive produced by Max Martin and Dr. Luke.
        Spears is peerless among her contemporaries. Throughout the years, Britney has consistently released hit after hit for over a decade, selling close to 70 million albums cumulatively worldwide.
        Few artists have earned the distinction of having five No.1 debut albums, and 24 Top 40 hits. She most recently set a new one-day precedent for single sales with her current No. 1 hit song, “Hold It Against Me.” ( Click to listen). Jonas Åkerlund shot the video for the song.
        Details on the video premiere and album release date are forthcoming.

Comment

Nice title.

Cover is B.O.R.I.N.G. to me. Its like something someone could've made on photoshop.

I was hoping it'd be a bit of a dramatic cover, a bit Smoky, Sultry, Jessica Rabbit style.

Comment

The cover isnt that good, urrgghhh the brows!

The title should've been in English!

What does "Femme Fatale" mean anyway?
            Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngels

Femme Fatale
              1. A woman of great seductive charm who leads men into compromising or dangerous situations.
              2. An alluring, mysterious woman.

Comment

1. A woman of great seductive charm who leads men into compromising or dangerous situations.

And/Or:

LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

HQ cover

http://www.britney.com/sites/bspears/fi ... erMini.jpg
                  Last FM <3
                  Instagram

Comment

^ Crap, I'm too slow.
                    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack

Femme Fatale
                      Love the meaning of the title!
                      Last FM <3
                      Instagram

Comment

"A femme fatale (pronounced /?f?m f??tæl/ or /?f?m f??t??l/; French: [fam fa?tal], with all [a]'s) is a mysterious and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers in bonds of irresistible desire, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype or stock character of literature and art. Her ability to entrance and hypnotize her victim was in the earliest stories seen as being literally supernatural, hence the most prosaic femme fatale today is still described as having a power akin to an enchantress, vampire, female monster or demon.

The phrase is French for "deadly woman". A femme fatale tries to achieve her hidden purpose by using feminine wiles such as beauty, charm, and sexual allure. Typically, she is exceptionally well-endowed in addition to possessing these qualities. In some situations, she uses lying or coercion rather than charm. She may also be (or imply to be) a victim, caught in a situation from which she cannot escape; The Lady from Shanghai (a 1947 film noir) is one such example.

Although typically villainous, femmes fatales have also appeared as antiheroines in some stories, and some even repent and become heroines by the end of the tale. In social life, the femme fatale tortures her lover in an asymmetrical relationship, denying confirmation of her affection. She usually drives him to the point of obsession and exhaustion so that he is incapable of making rational decisions."

Comment

Thanks "Col" and "GetBack", I'll add it to my vocabulary!
                          Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

I am so impressed with the title, I love it.
                            However, they could have done so much more with that cover.

Comment

Originally posted by leoapp
                              Femme Fatale is a tribute to bold, empowered, confident, elusive, fun, flirty women and men .
                              how on earth is Femme Fatale a tribute to men?

Comment

new nickname: Femme Fataleney

Comment

Originally posted by chaottic
                                  Femme Fatale is a tribute to bold, empowered, confident, elusive, fun, flirty women and men .
                                  A man (a homosexual most likely) can also be one in certain regards if he has feminine tendencies.
                                  LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

This cover would work better imo

Comment

I like the album title. The cover is a bit of a disappointment though...,
                                      I get the "femme fatale" vibe from her look and everything but she needs to be dressed in red or something. Rather than the deceptive angel look which doesn't translate too well in a still picture.

Comment

Originally posted by col89
                                        A man (a homosexual most likely) can also be one in certain regards if he has feminine tendencies.
                                        of course there are ways to interpret this but i just it sounds odd in an official press release

and to certain extend they probably added it so as to not let anyone out of it

Comment

^ I think I prefer that one too.

Plus, the hand is positioned in a way that hides her face (i.e. she is mysterious as the title says she is).
                                          LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by col89
                                            He'd still be homme fatale
                                            Crazy In Love [2003], Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [2008], Schoolin' Life [2011]
                                            Nobody does oh-oh like Beyoncé

Comment

I don't like that she's covering her face in promo pics! :x

Anyway, I'm glad that the photo is not photoshopped! The HQ photo really shows the lines and pores on her skin!

Comment

I really like the title! (even though I don't know how to say it) and the album cover is pretty decent
                                                Keep On Rockin'

Comment

Love the title. Album cover is really tacky though. :-?

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                                    I like the album title. The cover is a bit of a disappointment though...,
                                                    I get the "femme fatale" vibe from her look and everything but she needs to be dressed in red or something. Rather than the deceptive angel look which doesn't translate too well in a still picture.
                                                    Angelic damsel in distress can turn out to be most dangerous femme fatale
                                                    Crazy In Love [2003], Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [2008], Schoolin' Life [2011]
                                                    Nobody does oh-oh like Beyoncé

Comment

Working...
                                                    X