Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoogIsland
    replied
    I'm not being a troll. I'm actually just really curious how you end up liking someone when you know someone else is better?

For me, I was a brit fan during B1MT, understandly, I was young, and I thought she was great cause I didn't know anyone else and quite frankly she was the in thing so it was kinda forced upon me. But then i saw Janet in 2001, and it was just over for Brit and me after that lol. I'm like I've never seen a female hit it like Janet can. I try, but I just can't get in to Britney now. Soooo, I do wonder what it is she does for other people, ESPECIALLY if they say they like Janet too, cause them like 'wha? How is that possible' lol.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• pollei
    replied
    Did you notice in the 'Hold It Against Me' vid that she wasn't in sync with her dancers but the dancers got along with her at around 0:15? Only Femme Fataleney

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    ...And please MoogIsland, please stop pitting Janet against everyone else....Let's face it, Janet is great, but this is a Britney thread, and it's neither the time or place to be dicussing other female artists.

Leave a comment:

• pollei
    replied
    Originally posted by danimal
    Originally posted by Wmosi
    So...here's my take on the videos so far...

First, i don't understand why people are disappointed in her for not singing live.She's not done it for years now, so it's something people just have to get used to.

Secong, the dancing looks good...not by 2004 standards, but i appreciate she has to start from somewhere (The HIAM bit is quite dodgy though) but i'll wait till the official footage is released to judge.I'm glad that she's promoting at least though...plus she really seems into it, so thats a plus!
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• danimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Wmosi

First, i don't understand why people are disappointed in her for not singing live.She's not done it for years now, so it's something people just have to get used to.

Secong, the dancing looks good...not by 2004 standards, but i appreciate she has to start from somewhere (The HIAM bit is quite dodgy though) but i'll wait till the official footage is released to judge.I'm glad that she's promoting at least though...plus she really seems into it, so thats a plus!
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Originally posted by MoogIsland
    Originally posted by GetBack
    MoogIsland, stop trolling! I love Janet (my first personal countdown in UKMix is dedicated to her Top 100 songs) but you don't have to bring her here in the Britney Spears thread just to make her look better. It's not our problem if people see Britney as a more interesting artist than Janet these days!
    How can you love Janet and yet still think Britney is good? Like I really wanna know that?
    I was a fan during B1MT and Oops. So I'm not coming from a perceptive of always disliking her, but now, its just like obvious that Britney is over. She just doesn't have 'it' anymore. I wish people would stop trying to see something that isn't there.
    I bring up Janet, cause quite frankly, i do think it is sad that someone who is dancing much better (and always has) is being sidelined over this Britney who I don't recognise from B1MT.
    Jesus, troll

I love Janet too, but come on Britney >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Leave a comment:

• danimal
    replied
    MoogIsland, stop trolling! I love Janet (my first personal countdown in UKMix is dedicated to her Top 100 songs) but you don't have to bring her here in the Britney Spears thread just to make her look better. It's not our problem if people see Britney as a more interesting artist than Janet these days!
    How can you love Janet and yet still think Britney is good? Like I really wanna know that?
    I was a fan during B1MT and Oops. So I'm not coming from a perceptive of always disliking her, but now, its just like obvious that Britney is over. She just doesn't have 'it' anymore. I wish people would stop trying to see something that isn't there.
    I bring up Janet, cause quite frankly, i do think it is sad that someone who is dancing much better (and always has) is being sidelined over this Britney who I don't recognise from B1MT.
    Honestly, who cares. We only live once and if someone chooses to like Britney and it makes them happy then just let them be. Why waste your time putting other peoples' favorites down instead of just enjoying the goddam music?

Leave a comment:

• danimal
    replied
    So I just watched all the videos and the dancing is still not great. Not terrible, but not great. She seems a little more into it but isn't being challenged.

On the other hand, I love that she was talking to the crowd. At least she looks like she wants to be there! On the Circus tour, all she said both times I went, and I mean the ENTIRE show was "How ya doing Boston? I'm gonna slow it down now with a song called Everytime."

Leave a comment:

• MoogIsland
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ginnyfan
    replied
    Plus Janet lip syncs too if I'm not wrong. JLo also. I would love to see them all really live but what can one do...

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• danimal
    replied
    Originally posted by ginnyfan
    Originally posted by Leo92
    Originally posted by Cmyk
    Brit tweet:
    ""If I said I'm singin' live, would you hold it against me?""[/size]
    Lol. Awesome if it's true, but I think it will be just a few parts, which is a step forward of course.
    OMG, she really Tweeted this?
    I find it kinda sad that these ones nowadays have to make a big thing out of their (supposedly) live singing. It's like if you were good enough at your job in the first place you wouldn't need to tell me.
    Kinda lame.
    She didn't tweet that. The original poster of that even said underneath "I wish". Why would she ever tweet that? I still can't believe people get so upset and surprised when she doesn't sing live. She never really has (except on rare occasions) and never will! Accept it!

Even though there was literally no promo up until now, I must say the promo she is doing now is 1000x more than she did for Circus. Good for her!

Leave a comment:

• MoogIsland
    replied
    Originally posted by volver
    First videos are here!

Vid 1
    Vid 2
    Vid 3
    Vid 4
    Vid 5

Love that she talks to the crowd! And her dancing looks great. Her energy is on point, if nothing else.

Oh god. Giant sigh. That's not dancing.

(Goes back to watch janet killing it on her new tour at 44 years old).

I just can't.

What are people SEEING? Like really.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Brit tweet:
    Lol. Awesome if it's true, but I think it will be just a few parts, which is a step forward of course.
    I find it kinda sad that these ones nowadays have to make a big thing out of their (supposedly) live singing. It's like if you were good enough at your job in the first place you wouldn't need to tell me.
    Kinda lame.
    She's definitely good enough because she can sell arenas and stadiums worldwide with it, I don't think that's lame.

Leave a comment:

• SG1401
    replied
    UK dont't like Britney at all...
    How wrong u r

Leave a comment:

• ginnyfan
    replied
    But she didn't even sing live which makes it even stranger. Maybe she thinks she sings live and doesn't know they play the tape.

Leave a comment:

• pollei
    replied
    I am literally addicted to Britney's threads here in UKMIX

Leave a comment:

• MoogIsland
    replied
    Brit tweet:
    Kinda lame.

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Originally posted by remiell
    Originally posted by nickf1
    Femme Fatale up to #7 on Musicload Germany.
    Wow, then top 10 debut is not that far away!
    Yep. Hopefully top 10. The deluxe version is in the top 100 now at #79.
    On itunes she's #6 (Deluxe) #66 Standard, + physical copies, come on top 5 debut!

Leave a comment:

• remiell
    replied
    Originally posted by nickf1
    Femme Fatale up to #7 on Musicload Germany.
    Wow, then top 10 debut is not that far away!
    Yep. Hopefully top 10. The deluxe version is in the top 100 now at #79.

Leave a comment:

• Cmyk
    replied
    UK dont't like Britney at all...

Leave a comment:

• ginnyfan
    replied
    Video of 3 in the middle of BFB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DgzwGR74fE

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Well at least she's finally putting some effort in and seems to be enjoying herself! Some of the dancing looks a bit laboured to me but the energy is there.

Leave a comment:

• ginnyfan
    replied
    Honestly her current songs are almost not possible to perform live with all the auto tune, high pitched voices and strange melodies. But she was there LIVE in presence.

Hate this Daily Mail review. UK media needs to move on from the 2007 meltdown. Also comparing her to Aguilera in not being able to keep up with the current flock of stars is so untrue and stupid.

:evil:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/re ... floor.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X