Bjork | Biophilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bjork | Biophilia

This summer, Björk introduces Biophilia, an extraordinary immersive project and her most ambitious work to date. The multi-media endeavour encompasses her music, installations and live shows, and celebrating the use of modern technology by utilising the internet. The project aims to explore ideas like how sound works, the infinite expanse of the universe, from planetary systems to atomic structures.

The world premiere of Björk's Biophilia live show will be held at Manchester International Festival for a three-week residency - across six intimate shows in the Campfield Market Hall for audiences of 1800, as her first UK dates in over three years. For these six special shows,
    Björk will be performing new tracks from the forthcoming Biophilia studio album as well as with a small group of unique musical collaborators. The show will feature a range of specially conceived and crafted instruments, among them a bespoke digitally-controlled pipe organ; a 30 foot pendulum that harnesses the earth’s gravitational pull to create musical patterns - creating a unique bridge between the ancient and the modern; a bespoke gamelan-celeste hybrid; and a one-off extraordinary pin barrel harp.

In a special collaboration with MIF, the Biophilia live show will travel to major cities around the world following the Manchester premiere. MIF will also be working with young people in Manchester to explore the musicological, scientific and technological ideas behind the project. In a series of educational workshops schoolchildren will be given the unique opportunity to experience the world of Biophilia first hand, and to immerse themselves in the endlessly rich and inspiring place where cutting edge technology, music and nature meet.

I went nuts when I found out about this! I CAN'T F*CKIN WAIT! I need some new Bjork in my life.

Comment

She gives good title! Hope the album is a lot better than Volta.
      Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

The best news ever!
        But I believe in peace!

Comment

Oh God! Oh God! Oh God!

cries with joy. Jumps till the ceiling. Goes down on knees and thanks God

My life has been renewed.

Vindrag!!!! Where the hell are you?

Comment

HURRAY!

Comment

Caaaant wait for this
              Pleasure over matter.

Comment

I am so glad she is going into the whole celestial theme with this album. Astronomy is something that excites me the most, after Chemistry. I've spent countless hours reading and watching videos about the wonders of the universe online. She kind of showed signs of going into this direction with the video of 'Desired Constellation', and I am glad she held on to it.

Her music for the iPad app, Solar System is pretty apt for that app. It suits the whole celestial theme. You expect a big, vast grandeur feeling when you talk about space.

Like Bjork always takes me to places where I have never been before, I am so ready for a cosmic journey this time.

Comment

Oh my golly!! Excited to orgasm!!!!
                  My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

glad she's back with new projects. Music culture missed her.
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

O M G!!!!!!!!

I'm super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      When we lose what we love
                      Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                      When we lose what we love
                      Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

This sounds really exciting! I hope it's a return to form!
                        Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Comment

WOOOO indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by skapunk
                              I am so glad she is going into the whole celestial theme with this album. Astronomy is something that excites me the most, after Chemistry. I've spent countless hours reading and watching videos about the wonders of the universe online. She kind of showed signs of going into this direction with the video of 'Desired Constellation', and I am glad she held on to it.

Her music for the iPad app, Solar System is pretty apt for that app. It suits the whole celestial theme. You expect a big, vast grandeur feeling when you talk about space.

Like Bjork always takes me to places where I have never been before, I am so ready for a cosmic journey this time.
                              Here I am!
                              Fully agree with this post!
                              It seems like a very ambitious project, but I'm sure Björk is the right artist to manage it.

But.. I must honestly say that my excitment for Björks new music is slightly overshadowed by Kate Bush's forthcoming projects!

Although, this is just for now. Björk will take me there, and I'm curious to see if it's possible to experience this live as well. Anyone who wants to accompany me!?
                              Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
                              and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by xtofer
                                I went nuts when I found out about this! I CAN'T F*CKIN WAIT! I need some new Bjork in my life.

Comment

Yay Star! I love that you love some Bjork!!!

Comment

I've been waiting for new Bjork for some time, glad to know a new cd is coming soon
                                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

I love some skapunk too!

Comment

Originally posted by Star
                                        I love some skapunk too!
                                        Awww! Sweet!
                                        last.fm
                                        Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

How long is it? When does this happen? Is it May? Is this album released before Cornucopia or after?
                                          last.fm
                                          Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

That photo is beautiful!

Very excited to hear new work.
                                            i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

Originally posted by Star
                                              I love some skapunk too!

Comment

Get in there!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

I freaking love Bjork.
                                                  You're like a bad penny =)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X