X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oo567oO
    Originally posted by abi
    The time they're wasting to help this song is sad. She needs to get out of her record company soon, cause they're not helping her at all.
    Actually Jive never really helps their artists. Jordin, Chris, Britney, Ciara, who's next?
    It seems harder on Jordin though, since Britney and Chris can kinda get hits with just their names alone. And since the music video for this song hasn't been released yet, it seems that Jive is helping some artists out more than others.
    There are helping Britney out because of her celebrity status and because she does what they want her to do.

When it comes to Chris he recorded a few dance songs, which might have been another plus for him at Jive when Deuces smashed on Urban. The label felt like they could now use all his commercial potential having dance and r&b singles, which has put him in a higher position at the label.

When it comes to Ciara she and Jive tried something different with Fantasy Ride, which was not a bad thing cause it was an amazing blend of R&B and a more commercial pop sound! Though the label did market her as a pop singer with Love Sex Magic which was a terrible decision as the Urban listeners are her main base! Ride put her back on the map on Urban radio way more than Never Ever did! Though Jive & Ciara didn't agree about things during the Basic Instinct era, so the era was a MESS after Ride! That doesn't change Basic Instinct is such a good album, but the era was not handled well after Ride...

When it comes to Jordin she kept going with a commercial pop sound like she started with her first singles when she released Battlefield, but the album surprisingly flopped! Jive might feel like going with that commercial pop sound again is not gonna bring her much further i guess after recent album sales... But even if i'm not really a fan of Jordin i think she could still be successful if her folks made sure to get her the right big commercial pop songs! With the last album she wasn't off to a bad start with Battlefield, but they missed hits like that song after that....

Comment

What happened to her video??? They scrapped it? Mmmm...

Comment

So any idea where Jordin will end up after the label merge.

Comment

Originally posted by emilhot
          Originally posted by abi
          The time they're wasting to help this song is sad. She needs to get out of her record company soon, cause they're not helping her at all.
          Actually Jive never really helps their artists. Jordin, Chris, Britney, Ciara, who's next?
          It seems harder on Jordin though, since Britney and Chris can kinda get hits with just their names alone. And since the music video for this song hasn't been released yet, it seems that Jive is helping some artists out more than others.
          There are helping Britney out because of her celebrity status and because she does what they want her to do.

When it comes to Chris he recorded a few dance songs, which might have been another plus for him at Jive when Deuces smashed on Urban. The label felt like they could now use all his commercial potential having dance and r&b singles, which has put him in a higher position at the label.

When it comes to Ciara she and Jive tried something different with Fantasy Ride, which was not a bad thing cause it was an amazing blend of R&B and a more commercial pop sound! Though the label did market her as a pop singer with Love Sex Magic which was a terrible decision as the Urban listeners are her main base! Ride put her back on the map on Urban radio way more than Never Ever did! Though Jive & Ciara didn't agree about things during the Basic Instinct era, so the era was a MESS after Ride! That doesn't change Basic Instinct is such a good album, but the era was not handled well after Ride...

When it comes to Jordin she kept going with a commercial pop sound like she started with her first singles when she released Battlefield, but the album surprisingly flopped! Jive might feel like going with that commercial pop sound again is not gonna bring her much further i guess after recent album sales... But even if i'm not really a fan of Jordin i think she could still be successful if her folks made sure to get her the right big commercial pop songs! With the last album she wasn't off to a bad start with Battlefield, but they missed hits like that song after that....
          I honestly thought that "Battlefield" contained loads of surefire hits. I expected "S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)", "Emergency (911)", "Let It Rain", and "It Takes More" to smash! I still feel that they made a mistake scrapping that era after the second single flopped.
          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [75-71]

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru
            She needs to adopt a sound like Beyonce's best thing I never had, Rolling in the deep ,Impossible because she has that pop flavour in her voice so any ballad she does will be a cross over hit!
            I could really imagine Jordin singing a song like "Best Thing I Never Had" really well!

Comment

^I don't think that would work. Stick to R&B, Pop.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS7
                But BTINH is R&B/Pop?

Comment

personally i wouldn't want jordin experiment with electropop. she did some nice stuff in battlefield (SOS) that had that crossover appeal without going for the "guetta" sound.
                  she needs to find her own niche and work on it, i love battlefield (the single) but working with ryan tedder felt to me more like a bandwagon thing rather than just some collaboration.

Comment

I still love this song!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                      But BTINH is R&B/Pop?
                      Urban pop, R&B then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SOS7
                        Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                        But BTINH is R&B/Pop?
                        Urban pop, R&B then.
                        Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                          But BTINH is R&B/Pop?
                          Urban pop, R&B then.
                          Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?
                          Urban pop with R&B. Like her first album.

Comment

• As in she should stick with urban pop? That was the point I was making, too!

Comment

As in she should stick with urban pop? That was the point I was making, too!
                              My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                I still love this song!
                                Me too. Sad that it basically flopped :-?
                                Keep On Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by SOS7
                                  Urban pop with R&B. Like her first album.
                                  I think the sound of her 2nd album is not really that different lol.

Hopefully with her new management, it will help to rebuild her career. She's too good to flop.

@mrpaul Oh Gosh me too. Nobody wants Jordin to go Electro/Pop. Stick to Pop/R&B, with some "hot" features to help her name back on the charts. She's been really close with a lot of Hip-Hop artists too lately [Kevin McCall, Lil' Romeo] - I wonder if they'll make collaborations.

Comment

• I guess she's going to release a 2nd single before the album drops!!!

Comment

• Hope the track she did with Drake is the next single.

Comment

• This wasn't that bad actually!

Comment

• Originally posted by preyan
                                          Rubbish song! Period! Was a daring move but any normal person will realise that it would do more damage than good!
                                          Can I get a refund on my comment? This ain't so bad
                                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Just came here to say this is a good song. Pity her team never pushed this!
                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I quite liked this anthem but it wasn’t single material. They just can’t get it right.

Comment

Working...
                                              X