Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fan
    Originally posted by Garf69
    Definately underrated. Solid pop album. Deserved 3 Top 10 hits IMO. What Number did the album reach in the UK Charts?
    #17, which isn't bad but it dropped out of the top 75 the next week if I remember correctly.
    But atleast she got a lot of critical acclaim for the album.
    If only critical acclaim equated to sales.

Such a brilliantly flawless album.

Comment

• My #2 album of 2011.

Comment

• She was robbed at The Brits.
        Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• Totally in love with this album again! <3

Such a great pop record. Shame it underperformed!
          "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• I'm totally surprised that this album was so well-received here. I thought that I was one of 10 people who actually love this album.

Last October, I went to Dublin to attend Britney's concert there and I spent some days there.
            I went to HMV and I saw "Cinderella's Eyes" in a shelf. I knew that she was a member of Girls Aloud and I read in another forum that someone was totally obsessed with it. However, I bought it without knowing any songs of it (I usually buy a CD as a souvenir). When I came home and listened to it for the first time, I was totally thrilled. It's an amazing pop album with great lyrics: A great mixture of joy, fun, but also pain and I love her style. It's so varied.

My first thought she was goin' to sound like a wannabe of Cheryl's (you know, I have to admit that I'm not into Girls Aloud at all. To my defense, I only know two songs of 'em, which I dislike).

I read some post in this thread and I'm totally in shock. I cannot believe that British media (and people) were so rude to call her "ugly".
            Was it really so fatal? - The only source I got are the lyrics of "Stick + Stones" and wikipedia.

However, "Cinderella's Eyes" should be a smasher. It's one of the best pop albums, which I've ever listened to!

My personal Top 5 of this album:

1 Yo-Yo
            2 Porcelain Heart
            3 Lucky Day
            4 Cinderella's Eyes
            5 Beat Of My Drum
            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• I can't wait for a second album from her. I always wanted a solo record from her and she did more than deliver. It's an amazing album.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightToDream
                I can't wait for a second album from her. I always wanted a solo record from her and she did more than deliver. It's an amazing album.
                My favorite album of 2011!!!!

The reviews this album had are mind blowing

Allmusic 3.5/5
                BBC +
                Drowned in Sound 7/10
                Evening standard +
                Express 3/5
                Financial Times 4/5
                The Guardian 4/5
                NME 7/10
                The Telegraph 4/5
                Virgin Media 4/5

A few reviews:

Originally posted by Financial Times
                You expect the worst – well, not worse than Cole’s terrible albums, but not good – only to discover that Cinderella’ s Eyes is actually very promising
                Originally posted by Daily Telegraph
                Nicola Roberts has made an assured solo debut that suggests she may outlast her flashier bandmates as a pop star of substance
                Originally posted by Evening Standard
                Fun and fearless: Roberts can go to the ball
                Originally posted by The Independent
                One of the finest pop albums of the year
                Originally posted by Daily Star
                Girls Aloud’s solo history hasn’t added much to pop. Until now
                Originally posted by Drowned In Sound
                Cinderella's Eyes isn't exactly a sociology PhD thesis on the Plight Of Woman. But it's born out of the knowing air of experience, particularly of life's shittier moments, that all the best pop artists should have and too many lack
                I was so proud of my Ginger Queen
                “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Very good album... too bad it flopped so hard!
                  My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

• I hope we one day get a follow-up to this one, this album is amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Financial Times
                      You expect the worst – well, not worse than Cole’s terrible albums, but not good – only to discover that Cinderella’ s Eyes is actually very promising
                      I was like WHAT at first going 'Cheryl's albums aren't that bad, what about A Million Lights :evil:' Then realised this was written last year!

But I've been listening to this album quite a bit lately

My favourite is still "i" - the lyrics are so clever and the music is awesome. I love the lyric where she sings 'I hope you all like my new direction' <3

Other favourites are "Porcelain Heart", "Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime", "Fish Out Of Water", "Gladiator" and "Beat Of My Drum"
                      I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper
                        I hope we one day get a follow-up to this one, this album is amazing!
                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by BanZai
                          Originally posted by Jesper

Comment

• Originally posted by alxx
                            Originally posted by BanZai

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan
                              Originally posted by alxx
                              My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                                Originally posted by Spartan
                                Originally posted by alxx

Comment

• Well she's working with DJ Fresh.. whether she's the first GA to record her 'part' I don't know but it looks like it's just her.
                                  Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• It's a brilliant album, too bad people didn't give this a chance and it flopped
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Kween Nuhdeen and Cheryl's releases are quite weak compared to this. Shame this wasn't more successful.

I just read the whole thread and there was a 2011 post saying she was already working on her sophomore release?

Comment

• THIS ALBUM IS MARVELOUS
                                        #Pray4AL6

Comment

• Originally posted by Alicepotter
                                          Originally posted by Garf69
                                          Definately underrated. Solid pop album. Deserved 3 Top 10 hits IMO. What Number did the album reach in the UK Charts?
                                          Sold 12,000 copies.
                                          Originally posted by Fan
                                          #17, which isn't bad but it dropped out of the top 75 the next week if I remember correctly.

But atleast she got a lot of critical acclaim for the album.
                                          SLAY.
                                          #Pray4AL6

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRager
                                            THIS ALBUM IS MARVELOUS

100% agreed. This album is a pop masterpiece. Everything is just perfect. The singles were great. What a same the UK public totally ignored her.
                                            KYLIE MINOGUE

Comment

• ^
                                              +1, hope she'll put out another album!

Comment

• I've been listening to this A LOT lately! Absolutely flawless album (if EGLS wasn't on the album) and goes down as one of my favourite albums ever!

I so desperately want more from her.

Comment

• This album is very good, but I've always found it slightly overrated on music forums. Maybe people praise it so much in comparison to Cherhul's disasters, I don't know... As far as pop music is concerned, it's definitely no Robyn-esque masterpiece.

Comment

• Lucky Day is one of my favourite pop songs from this decade. It's just perfect.
                                                    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

Working...
                                                    X