• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artoo
    replied

RELEASE DATE: TBC

THERE’S MORE TO THE STORY…

This is a special one. Introducing Behind Cinderella's Eyes, the continuation of Cinderella’s story from Nicola Roberts on a double glass slipper clear vinyl.

In collaboration with artist Bryony Fripp, this double vinyl package comes with stunning new artwork. Containing the original album, this also includes a staggering TEN bonus tracks. Includes B-Sides and unreleased demo recordings with writing and production from Richard X, Dragonette, Biff Stannard and many more.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Crash
    Head
    Heart Racing
    Lucky Day (Dan Grech Mix)
    Memory Of You
    Pipe Dreams
    So Damn Right
    Tomorrow
    Disco, Blisters & a Comedown
    Fix Me

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    ‘Behind Cinderella’s Eyes’ - featuring 3 b-sides and 7 unheard tracks

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I’m so not here for merch.

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    She’s still saying ‘But there’s more to the story...’ which I hope means something new from the era is being released.

Unless she’s going to continue the theme and announce her second album - ‘Cinderella’s Lies’ or something like that
    Seems like there will be merch and that's what she was hinting at. Looking forward to see what's in store, but would have prefered new music obviously

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    She’s still saying ‘But there’s more to the story...’ which I hope means something new from the era is being released.

Unless she’s going to continue the theme and announce her second album - ‘Cinderella’s Lies’ or something like that

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Vinyl announced.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan View Post
    Maybe an expanded version of vinyl with some bonus tracks? Praying Disco Blisters and a Comedown will be finally added on streaming as well.
    She had three b-sides and released a couple of demos (of album tracks) and a few have leaked over the years, so I’m hopeful we’ll get more - why else would they say the story continues?

I wonder if the original version of Beat of My Drum (with the same sample Beyoncé used on Run This World) was completed to a level they could put out?

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied

I wonder if comment means it’ll be an expanded version?
    Could be as well! I know Plastic Pop only do vinyls and since they have posted it as well, the vinyl is a shoe-in, but maybe an expanded version of vinyl with some bonus tracks? Praying Disco Blisters and a Comedown will be finally added on streaming as well.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan View Post
    Both herself and Plastic Pop Records posted a video of someone (must be Nicola herself) walking whilst saying "Cinderella's Eyes" and the tag "there's more to the story". 100% sure this means the vinyl release as Plastic Pop have been teasing an announcement for a while now. SO SO SO excited.
    I wonder if comment means it’ll be an expanded version?

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Both herself and Plastic Pop Records posted a video of someone (must be Nicola herself) walking whilst saying "Cinderella's Eyes" and the tag "there's more to the story". 100% sure this means the vinyl release as Plastic Pop have been teasing an announcement for a while now. SO SO SO excited.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
    I love the production but I find her vocals so screechy & like she’s trying to hard. She needed someone to pull her back a bit vocally.
    Yes, all of this, yes.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    I love the production but I find her vocals so screechy & like she’s trying to hard. She needed someone to pull her back a bit vocally.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    You don’t like her vocals here? I mean I can see why on some songs but I love her vocals on ballads especially - sticks and stones, EGTLS.
    She can be very ‘whiny’ at times. She’s best when she just straight up singing. No quirks. That said, Lucky Day is probably one of all time favourite songs from the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    You don’t like her vocals here? I mean I can see why on some songs but I love her vocals on ballads especially - sticks and stones, EGTLS.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Such bad planning on her part.

I know she’s not overly fond of this album in that she feels it’s quite over produced and I get that, but it’s still a great record.
    Her vocals are worse than the production

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

She’s been teasing a follow up over the last few years. I’m still annoyed she didn’t have one ready to drop for when she won The Masked Singer though.
    Such bad planning on her part.

I know she’s not overly fond of this album in that she feels it’s quite over produced and I get that, but it’s still a great record.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
    10 years of Cinderella’s eyes!!! Some great tracks. Shame she never made a follow up.
    She’s been teasing a follow up over the last few years. I’m still annoyed she didn’t have one ready to drop for when she won The Masked Singer though.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    10 years of Cinderella’s eyes!!! Some great tracks. Shame she never made a follow up.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    I read an interview where she said she doesn’t look too fondly onto this album either. I still think there’s a handful of strong songs.

Whaaat? Foolish woman. It’s still a great album!

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Re: Nicola Roberts | Cinderella's Eyes

I read an interview where she said she doesn’t look too fondly onto this album either. I still think there’s a handful of strong songs.

Leave a comment:

• urbanmusik
    replied

I really liked this album when it came out, but I don't think it's aged well at all. Nicola's vocalisations don't help.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123
    Listening to this again lately, and I wonder why she didn’t sing the album like she did on Out of Control or their reunion songs? Nicola can sing so much better than she does on this. I wish we had a 4th single and more b-sides.

I agree with you. I like this album but I don’t love it because her voice sounds so screechy in so many parts like on porcelain heart for example.

Leave a comment:

• Jason2379
    replied

I thought she showed her voice more on this album and I loved it

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied

Tbh, I think she sounds excellent on this record. I love it how she makes use of her very distinctive voice. It used to be one of my favourite female pop albums

Leave a comment:

Working...
X