No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - I Wanna Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not my favorite from her these days, I think it fell in my ranking of Britney songs, bu it really brought so much nostalgia of how Britney's brand equals fun pop songs. She is truly the muse in terms of feel-good, pop/dance music.

Comment

• I loved this

Comment

• I re-discovered this bop yesterday ... it's generic and all but catchy as f*ck, I think the verses are fantastic.

I honestly think this song would be up there with her great classics ("Gimme More", "Oops", "Womanizer", "Toxic", "Slave", "Baby", etc) if it had less robotic vocals. A better vocal production would've made this single pop perfect.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Well, it’s just a fun song about loosing inhibitions (and yeah literally about wanting to be free of doing everything wild that comes to your mind), like a very “free-spirit” song ... but I don’t think this song was a conscious decision. Not to mention Britney didn’t write it.

.. However it does speak how subconsciously she seems to have a certain pattern of picking songs or sticking to songs that are always about fame, control, restrictions, overprotection, perception, limitations, etc.

... And we’ve seen this pattern in many songs she’s released over the course of her career (“Lucky”, “Overprotected”, “My Prerogative”, “Gimme More”, “Piece Of Me”, “Circus”, “If U Seek Amy”, “I Wanna Go”, etc - just to mention singles exclusively) .... songs that you hear and say “wow, this is very personal to her and are exactly about what she’s been through” just to find out she didn’t write the songs ... it just indicates to me that whenever a song is offered to her she always / immediately feels connected with these type of songs because they speak to her and it’s like her subconscious mind sticks to those concepts and repressions she has.

Visually she’s also been attached to use cameras, flashes, paparazzis in many of her music videos and cages and chains in at least 4 different occasions (two times on tour).

Somehow her music reflects a side of her life in a weird way. Like it’s taylor-made for her.
            Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu August 27, 2020, 04:28.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Kenny G Greatest Hits Full Album 2019 The Best Songs Of Kenny G Best Saxophone Love Songs 2019

Comment

• I mean ... some of the lyrics:

”Lately I’ve been stuck imagining what I wanna do and what I really think”

”Shame on me, to need release, uncontrollably”

”I wanna go all the way taking out my freak tonight, I wanna show all the dirt I got running through my mind”

”Lately people got me all tied up, there’s a countdown waiting for me to erupt”

”I’ve been told who I should do it with”

—-

The parallel is incredible.

Comment

• Pretty forgettable song, I never particularly liked it. Just a song about her wanting to have sex really.

Comment

• A bop for sure, just remembered it the other day
                    last.fm

Comment

• A timeless bop.
                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Loved it but "Hold It Against Me" was much better
                        jio CHARTS NOW: 28/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10472377

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                          Loved it but "Hold It Against Me" was much better
                          I agree. HIAM was just on another level

Comment

Working...
                          X