No announcement yet.

Sugababes - Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, I'm still excited for this! They really need to come back hard! Another Hole In The Head/Push The Button, please.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

I think you'll be disappointed, it's been described as very different!
      Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexZ

Heidi Range - Sugababe #1.
        No, she is Sugababe #4 out of 6

Comment

I for one loved the route of Sweet 7. The thought of this sounding like a Professor Green song doesn't sound very promising to me.

Comment

Pro Green has had some great songs, its just that his voice is annoying as hell
            Everybody Go Mad, Everybody Go Pyscho

Comment

they r NOT the sugababes :( although i did like the road that the 3 girls with no band name were taking with Sweet 7

Comment

Those three are called the Sugababes. Please read the note I put on the previous page - there are topics for older line ups and their output if you want to reminisce.

Comment

I'm ELATED that the girls are getting new material out there.
                  Can't wait for the 22 song set list to see/hear what they'll perform (and how much crap people will throw at them for daring to perform old material)
                  The documentary is a GREAT idea.
                  I hope they go into detail with the dramas of
                  Keisha-gate and we get to see how it's effected them personally.
                  I'm ready for a solely 4.0 era whether it's a hit or not.
                  Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Comment

The video treatment is finished and they're filming it soon.

There will be a pretty quick turnaround time between Video, Radio & Actual release.

The track is producd by The Invisible Men, apparently. ThundaCatz said they've worked on the new Sugababes single so it could be co-produced by them or maybe remixed.
                    Them other regularities, they can't compete with MC.

Comment

^Thanks for the info. I am so excited for some new Sugababes material. They always have great songs.
                      Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

Originally posted by Backdown
                        The video treatment is finished and they're filming it soon.

There will be a pretty quick turnaround time between Video, Radio & Actual release.

The track is producd by The Invisible Men, apparently. ThundaCatz said they've worked on the new Sugababes single so it could be co-produced by them or maybe remixed.
                        I am excited!!!

Comment

It feels like they took long enough off too, it's over a year since "Wear My Kiss" so hopefully they've had enough time to really try and figure out a distinct sound and approach for the new record. They looked great at the Soap Awards last week.

Comment

I think the time off was needed.
                            Could you imagine the ammount of crap the would've got if they followed up on "Sweet 7" straight away ?
                            It's definately not going to be a cake walk now but tensions may have eased slighty and the general public may be more receptive....

Or not

Either way we'll just have to wait and see.
                            Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Comment

^^^I couldn't agree more. The time off was definitely needed. The last 'era' irritated a lot of people and I think the time off will have done them good (both with the general public and hopefully creatively as they've had time to get some good material together).
                              "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

I have faith in them! This will be their new "About You Now" without a doubt. Everytime the lineup changes, they officially debut with a smashing success single.

Heidi - Freak Like Me
                                Amelle - About You Now
                                Jade - Freedom
                                Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                                  Originally posted by AlexZ

Heidi Range - Sugababe #1.
                                  No, she is Sugababe #4 out of 6
                                  Correct, Heidi Range - Sugababe #1 In My Heart.
                                  Heidi Range - Change Your Wicked Ways
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XpC8BEE1I
                                  Heidi Range, you are my angel and I love you.

Comment

Here's a LQ live performance of "Freedom":
                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiOPVZnxAyU

The audio is unbearable but I kinda hear the chorus and it goes something like:
                                    "So raise your hand, throw a fist in the air, for freedom! For being alive, not having a care, for freedom!"

Comment

Originally posted by xtofer
                                      Here's a LQ live performance of "Freedom":
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiOPVZnxAyU

The audio is unbearable but I kinda hear the chorus and it goes something like:
                                      "So raise your hand, throw a fist in the air, for freedom! For being alive, not having a care, for freedom!"
                                      i was just bout to post this lol audio is bad but from what i can hear it sounds pretty good, hopefully a better quality one will surface

Comment

I wonder how the public will take to them, hopefully better after taking a break. Wear My Kiss and About A Girl were absolute corkers, the latter I think one of the best ever Sugababes singles. But as we saw, that's worthless if the public aren't on their side.

Comment

even though the audio is bad, it sounds good!!

Comment

I agree if the label would've been smart they could have made "About A Girl" their worldwide hit! It is impossible not to like it and RedOne is involved...shame...the new one sounds like Sugababes 2006
                                            Help

http://thegeneration2000.blogspot.com/

Comment

I used to be a BIG fan some time ago. But I really lost interest in them when Keisha was kicked out. However, "Freedom" sounds brilliant so far
                                              I love that chorus . . . "for freeeeedom" . . . really sounds like it could be a hit. and it even sounds 'sugababes-ish'

Comment

The second half of the chorus sounds EXCELLENT, this even got a largely positive reaction on Popjustice who are a tough crowd especially for Sugababes... let's just PRAY the studio version sounds great and more like old school Sugababes.

I see promise though

Comment

is there a better audio of it anywhere yet?

Comment

The song sounds amazing even with the poor quality recording. I'm so excited for this to be released.

I hope they manage to turn things around. This is my favourite line-up so I am excited to see what's in store for the girls this time.
                                                    Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

Originally posted by San
                                                      I agree if the label would've been smart they could have made "About A Girl" their worldwide hit! It is impossible not to like it and RedOne is involved...shame...the new one sounds like Sugababes 2006
                                                      About A Girl was cheap and so was the whol era...
                                                      This type of music could be sung by anyone and there was no distinctive feature that made it special...
                                                      That's the reason why it simply flopped, hardly expressed it was nothing the world needed, because even Kesha and co., did better.

I'm not a Sugababes fan though I liked some of their older material (and even got an album by them) but they need to do something that makes them THE Sugababes and not just a girlband that you could listen to but there's nothing you'd miss without...
                                                      The world doesn't wait for them so they need to show that they are still relevant!
                                                      Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

It'll do decent on iTunes just on name alone. Which is sad.

Album will floop. Sniff sniff cryyy.

Comment

"About A Girl" is an amazing song but I think the problem was it wasn't identifiable to Sugababes. It was bad enough they lost another member, but they also lost their sound... hopefully the new stuff will get some of that back and there's a lot more harmonising.

Comment

Most excited about this release The LQ sounds top-notch!
                                                            YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

This will premiere on Radio 1 next week (at some point), and they're also due to perform their first live performance on Britain's Got Talent next week.

Excited? Not really.
                                                              LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Working...
                                                              X