No announcement yet.

Gotye ft. Kimbra // Somebody That I Used To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the song.. but not sure why it's so massive in the U.S....

This type of music rarely does well.
    You're like a bad penny =)

Comment

• I think he will sweep the grammies now for ROTY AND SOTY

If he has a good follow up song, he could have had a shot at Album but ah well
      Forever Young

Comment

• Fun. and Hayley Williams covered the song for BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BA80-e2cwg

Comment

• I heard a radio remix on this track, it's nice.

Comment

• A radio station here in Ireland (Spin 103.8) play a roc of this. The remix is slightly more 'beat-y' and lively. Anyone who what's its called or if it's for sale on iTunes?

Comment

• Rock song my ass... And I still think its annoying sounding like Ba Ba black sheep
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• ^ Classifies IMO as Alternative, but I won't get into that argument.
                Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

• It passed 1 million sales in the UK last week. I so don't think it's deserved, although I do like it now more than I did 3 months ago I'll never understand what's so special about it for it to become so big. He screams one hit wonder too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller
                    It passed 1 million sales in the UK last week. I so don't think it's deserved, although I do like it now more than I did 3 months ago I'll never understand what's so special about it for it to become so big. He screams one hit wonder too.
                    it has sold 2,072,767 downloads to date in Europe.
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertain...at-apra-awards

Gotye has taken out the top gongs at the 2012 APRA Music Awards, winning the Songwriter of the Year award and Song of the Year for Somebody That I Used To Know.

The Australian king of pop made a triumphant homecoming since topping the US charts for a sixth straight week with his hit, which was also named Most Played Australian Work.

The treble sweep continues an incredible run for Gotye - aka Wally De Backer - who has won Best Male at the ARIA Awards and topped the Triple J Hottest 100.

Somebody That I Used To Know has topped 23 national charts around the world and clocked up more than 200 million views on YouTube.

The APRA Awards, dubbed the Ivor Novellos of the Australian music industry, are voted by peers in recognition of songwriting talent from the previous year.

Gotye said being recognised at the APRA Awards was a refreshing nod for his creative efforts, following months of hype around the commercial success of Somebody That I Used To Know.

"It's very flattering when your peers recognise you for putting forward quality work," he told AAP.

"The more commercial success I have the more it reminds me that it's completely separate from the creative act in terms of success or failure and also how you believe in it yourself."

Other winners included folk five-piece Boy & Bear, who received the award for Breakthrough Songwriter of The Year in recognition of debut album Moonfire.

In the genre awards, Shane Nicholson triumphed in the country category for Famous Last Words, while breakthrough duo Busby Marou took home the blues and roots award for Biding My Time.

Another new face Marvin Priest, son of reggae royalty Maxi Priest, won the urban gong and The Potbelleez triumphed in the dance category.

Held at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre on Monday night and presented by Jonathan Biggins and Missy Higgins, the APRA Awards ceremony featured covers of the five Song Of The Year nominees.

Highlights included Tina Arena and Tex Perkins performing Somebody That I Used To Know and Kram's version of Lanie Lane's Oh Well, That's What You Get For Falling in Love With a Cowboy.
                      Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

• almost 200 milli impression on us radio!!!
                        i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Comment

• The radio remix of this is fantastic. It's totally reignited my love for the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by preyan
                            Rock song my ass... And I still think its annoying sounding like Ba Ba black sheep
                            Gotye's album is definitely rock though
                            My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• I read many times that this could have a chance of winning big at the Grammys and the VMAs.
                              I really hope this won't turn out to be true, we already had the omnipresent smashers Need You Now and Rolling In The Deep winning big at the award shows and I think Somebody That I Used To Know.
                              It already had its success and doesn't need more: It's good but it's not the most amazing track of the year, there are other (underdog/less successful) tracks that deserve it far more...
                              Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• The last 30 seconds of this song... still gets me.

Heart a mess is so underrated tho
                                Forever Young

Comment

• [youtube:kpn3uuf2]NV1N95xZ4es[/youtube:kpn3uuf2]
                                  ¡Eh, mamá!
                                  Me quiero matar
                                  El mundo se va a la mierda
                                  Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• ^That song already had that 80s feel (of Sting's solo stuff)
                                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• what a great song, and its success is a phenomenon. it got a bit ruined for me because of overplaying, but I think I'll love it again soon
                                      last.fm

Comment

• The 80s version is the best thing that happened to me today

The last 30 seconds of this song... still gets me.

Heart a mess is so underrated tho
                                        I just watched the original video after a very very long time and something broke inside me again. And Heart's a Mess is underrated indeed.

Comment

• one of the best songs this decade
                                          Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                                          X