Gotye ft. Kimbra // Somebody That I Used To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virgostar
    Still #1 here too...I still like the song (starting to get a little bit sick of it though), but I think Maroon 5/Aggy need some time in the #1 spot now.
    It has peaked, but its sales are still considerably high, enough to keep it there at #1 for another week or two. I personally haven't been over-saturated with it from radio or TV luckily.
    Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Im so in love with this song!
      Pleasure over matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jonasmileynlt
        I hadn't ever heard of Gotye until I looked at the Aussie iTunes top songs list a few days ago.

It's an amazing song.. cool to see something that sounds so indie top a chart!
        Agree with all this, I was shocked when checking out Aus iTunes! It's awesome!

Comment

For those who don't follow the Aussie charts, this is a humongous hit. #1 here normally sells 25-30k atm, this has sold a whopping 40k the last two weeks.

Comment

You Aussies love your chill out music!

Comment

The name Gotye is like the Aussie way of saying Got'cha

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                For those who don't follow the Aussie charts, this is a humongous hit. #1 here normally sells 25-30k atm, this has sold a whopping 40k the last two weeks.
                Do you think it could challenge LMFAO for #1 song of 2011, or is it waaaaay behind like I think it is? Would be nice to see an Aussie/antipodean act go #1 at the end of the year.

Back in love with this song now/tonight. Just great to have not only an unusual #1, but one with great lyrics too. Gosh I <3 Kimbra.

I know this seems like I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but I do feel inclined to buy both his albums now. I do enjoy Learnalilgivinanlovin from Like Drawing Blood too.
                Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                  Do you think it could challenge LMFAO for #1 song of 2011, or is it waaaaay behind like I think it is? Would be nice to see an Aussie/antipodean act go #1 at the end of the year.
                  I don't see it happening, I think it will be in the top 10, but definitely fall behind 'Party Rock Anthem', 'Rolling in the Deep' and 'Someone Like You'.

Comment

Still #1 NL iTunes, can't believe it's such a big hit here!
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

#1 in New Zealand
                      Lorde - Biggest thing in New Zealand. Royals... watch out world! - December 2012

Comment

First heard this when the video got featured on vimeo's front page. Must be the saddest song of the year, I can feel something breaking inside me every time I hear it.

Don't think the dance remixes suit this song for some reason, it's perfect as it is.

Comment

Finally started to feel this thing! Really really good one! His voice is sooo much Sting from The Police era!
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I love the video and I love the song, my current favourite at the moment
                            The video has just won an ARIA award

Comment

Originally posted by Play
                              The name Gotye is like the Aussie way of saying Got'cha
                              Really?

"Gotye" is an Anglicisation of "Gaultier", his mum's pet-name for him (real name - Wouter)

Comment

I didn't realise he was Aussie. I saw it hit #1 across Europe and assumed he was some sort of Scandinavian. Good song though, it's a grower...!

Comment

Yeah, he's from here in Melbourne.

This song is super-gargantuan hit, the second biggest of the year in fact and it received 7 ARIA nominations!

Comment

I wonder how it will perform in UK... I think it will be long running #1.
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I'd like to think it'd do well in the UK, if they release it over there (which is surely in the plans right?).

Thought it'd win the Best Video ARIA, although I also would've liked to see Children Collide win it for Loveless too.

Video's got 10 million+ hits on YouTube!
                                      Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles
                                        Finally started to feel this thing! Really really good one! His voice is sooo much Sting from The Police era!

Sting? For me it's Ozzy all the way. Sometimes he sounds exactly the same but that's a positive thing couse I love Ozzy.

STIUTK is a great track. I'm in love with this right now actually.

Comment

First time I've heard his voice compared to Ozzy...but even I can hear Sting in him.

Great album too.

Comment

If I hadn't seen the video and description, I would be almost 100% sure it is Sting singing...
                                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I'd like to think it'd do well in the UK, if they release it over there (which is surely in the plans right?).
                                              Its currently scheduled for 6th February 2012

Comment

I love this its amazing

Comment

In love with this song!
                                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Originally posted by ManicKangaroo
                                                    Its currently scheduled for 6th February 2012
                                                    Wow, that's aaaages away! Though, it's probably best to release it following Xmas so as it doesn't get ignored amongst the usual bunch of novelty / X Factor / Campaign tracks that swarm amongst the top 40.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X