• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also this song is flat out pop and no idea why they are in this subforum
    Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by JDL
      Originally posted by frozone
      I don't like them anymore now that they're popular.
      ROFL. How hipster of you.
      Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru
        Also this song is flat out pop and no idea why they are in this subforum
        Because this "subforum" is not just rock but also alternative and the song has a certain alternative-vibe.

I'm currently really getting in this song at the moment... Though I think that it's not a good radio track: It's too quiet and not that catchy (e.g. SLY is quiet but still you get into it easily)... I think it's better to listen to it when you are alone, stressed from the day and just want to relax...
        I really like those singles with this "special" mysterious something like Jar Of Hearts, Video Games or now this one. All those 3 tracks are battling to reach No. 1 on my personal chart next week .

My favourite part is the way Gotye sings "But felt so lonely in your company"... Somehow the way Kimbra sings reminds me of Katy Perry !

Gotye's album was just released in Germany... Do you think it's worth buying it? Is STIUTK a good represant of it or is it that type of album when the first single is something completely different than the album (like Duffy's Rockferry which is rather slow/ballad-driven although Mercy's likely the only uptempo song on it)
        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

just bought in 7Digital with video !!!!!
          http://imageshack.com/a/img849/1083/53i6.jpg - Ghost Stories Collection
          http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1381/YsoAr1.jpg - Album of 2014

Comment

Love this!

Comment

I've heard this a few times and it's not my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                Somehow the way Kimbra sings reminds me of Katy Perry !
                I totally agree. I thought I was the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                  Gotye's album was just released in Germany... Do you think it's worth buying it? Is STIUTK a good represant of it or is it that type of album when the first single is something completely different than the album (like Duffy's Rockferry which is rather slow/ballad-driven although Mercy's likely the only uptempo song on it)
                  Having just bought the album myself last week, I can say that no, this song isn't a good representative of it.

Truth be told, the album is a mash of styles - you get a bit of soul in I Feel Better, a bit of rock in Easy Way Out, then your pop with In Your Light and the indie-pop with this. Then there's the more chilled out or weird songs (State Of The Art is on the weird side IMO)...Bronte (a song he wrote about his mate's dog dying) at the end is beautiful.

I'd say if you've got an eclectic taste in music, then you'll like a lot of the songs on the album. It is a good album IMO, but it might take a few listens to get into.

Comment

#122 on UK iTunes! If it can get a Radio 1 spin, will go higher.

Comment

This is such a grower! I hope it's a big hit in the UK.

Originally posted by jszmiles
                      His voice is sooo much Sting from The Police era!
                      This is what I was thinking!
                      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                        #122 on UK iTunes! If it can get a Radio 1 spin, will go higher.
                        I hope so, it deserves to do well here

Comment

It has just joined the Radio 1 C playlist this week

Comment

This cover of Somebody I Used To Know was all over Facebook today... it's brilliant!!

VIDEO
                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

That Walk Off The Earth cover that has gone viral is now impacting iTunes...

#11 - Germany
                              #14 - Belgium
                              #32 - New Zealand
                              #40 - Australia
                              #81 - France

Nearly 5,000,000 views in four days for a cover
                              Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

^Awesome cover.

Saw it on a couple of people facebook today
                                Lorde - Biggest thing in New Zealand. Royals... watch out world! - December 2012

Comment

I totally am not buying that cover tbh the vocals are way to perfect! for them to be doing it live
                                  Forever Young

Comment

Contender for best seller of 2012.. I think so ;-). Gonna be selling all year.
                                    #Pray4AL6

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                                      Radio 2 B List.
                                      It has also moved from the Radio 1 C list to the B list

Comment

I think it will easily be top 10 of 2012 in UK and Germany.

Dunno really if America would like it...
                                        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles
                                          Dunno really if America would like it...
                                          It's actually top 40 on US iTunes right now

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh
                                            This cover of Somebody I Used To Know was all over Facebook today... it's brilliant!!

VIDEO
                                            I prefer that to the original! It's 72 UK iTunes (Gotye 23).
                                            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (6th June 20) - Hania Rani, Liz Lawrence, Ren Harvieu, Sebastien Tellier, Run The Jewels, Blanche, The Chain Gang Of 1974, The Howl and The Hum, Starless, Lady Gaga, Anne Clark, SPC ECO, Nicole Atkins, Jaime Wyatt, Alestorm, Alec Benjamin, Mrs. P*ss, Pins

Comment

Actually, scratch that! The original is better. It's very Peter Gabriel with a Sting vocal. Somehow i thought it was too slight before but the "being dumped" mood suits my feelings at the moment.

About time something genuine and quirky was a big UK hit. Been an absolute age since the last one.
                                              Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (6th June 20) - Hania Rani, Liz Lawrence, Ren Harvieu, Sebastien Tellier, Run The Jewels, Blanche, The Chain Gang Of 1974, The Howl and The Hum, Starless, Lady Gaga, Anne Clark, SPC ECO, Nicole Atkins, Jaime Wyatt, Alestorm, Alec Benjamin, Mrs. P*ss, Pins

Comment

Who dumped you Tone?!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                                  Who dumped you Tone?!
                                                  :(

Nice to see this steadily climb iTunes during this past week. I have a feeling that this might be hanging around for a while once the UK people start hearing it!
                                                  Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini

About time something genuine and quirky was a big UK hit. Been an absolute age since the last one.
                                                    Those were my thoughts when it became a hit here too. It's one of those songs people seem to be connecting with, even though it has a quirky sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh

VIDEO
                                                      That was fantastic!

Comment

^^ IKR? And the video has been viewed over 17 million times in just one week!!
                                                        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

#23 and #25 on UK and US itunes respectively

Could be a huge hit!
                                                          Lorde - Biggest thing in New Zealand. Royals... watch out world! - December 2012

Comment

The Youtube views for the Walk Off The Earth cover are astronomical! ...surely 21 million views in a week for a cover has to be a record?

Comment

Working...
                                                            X