Jessie J - Domino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessie J - Domino

BET.com says that this is her next US single and will be released onto iTunes August 30th.

Rumours are that it will also serve as the UK re-release single.

It's way too Katy Perry for my liking. She can have so much better material than this...

SNIPPET

Wow, that's Jessie J in that picture?!

The song sounds good but, I agree, very Katy Perry.
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

It sounds exactly the same as "Last Friday Night" in my opinion! I'll need to hear the whole thing, but at the moment it doesn't sound all too promising.

But I do love that picture! Even though they've photoshopped her to death...

Comment

wow she actually looks good there!
        "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

I don't understand this.

Its her next US Single, but its not on the American version of the album, so effectively they're re-releasing the album in America after the one and only single there ''Price Tag''.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom92
            I don't understand this.

Its her next US Single, but its not on the American version of the album, so effectively they're re-releasing the album in America after the one and only single there ''Price Tag''.
            The album didn't do all that well in the U.S., so I suppose they can get away with just re-issuing it over there.

I hope they're not going to try and market her differently. The album isn't called "Who You Are Not".

Comment

Going for adds in September 6 (US Pop stations).

Sounds very "Teenage Dream"-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by abi

Sounds very "Teenage Dream"-ish.
                this.

Comment

Hello Katy Perry !

It could be one of her best song though
                  Check out my covers (Brandy, Bridgit Mendler, Nicki Minaj, Will.I.Am, etc...) on SOUNDCLOUD

Comment

I agree with everyone - it's way too similar to Katy Perry's material.

Comment

Sounds really good. Though she's been so airbrushed - she looks like Cheryl Cole in that picture?

Comment

Very Katy Perry sounding indeed!

Comment

It's very Katy Perry indeed, not sure if I'm happy with this.
                          Don't get me wrong, I love Katy and the snippet sounds great but this just seems like a 'let's get something very commercial to get a hit in the US' release.
                          i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Teenage Dream & LFN in one! I still love it though!
                            P=MC2's Top 20
                            Originally posted by Merci
                            Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

+1 for the Katy Perry thing... even though I love Katy's stuff, this worries me, as Jessie has her own sound.

It also seems drastically unnecessary and quite interruptive to the international markets, does this mean no more 'Who You Are' single? :( :(
                              Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

She really does sound like Katy Perry(!) and 'Domino' indeed sound like it was taken from 'Teenage Dream'.

I do like the snippet though
                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Wow it does sound a lot like Katy Perry, could've been a Teenage Dream track. I'm pretty sick and tired of Jessie J but this does sound really good..
                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

I like it. I don't get how she sounds like Katy besides the fact that it is a Dr.Luke song. I hear Jessie's voice not Katy's. I get why they are going with this track for the US. Price Tag wasn't that big at all, and UR want her to get a big hit in the US.

Comment

It does sound a bit Katy Perry difference is. Jessie can sing it live phenomenally, I don't think Katy can sing particularly well, especially live.
                                      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Even though there's better on her album, I don't think anything else would succeed in the US with her being such a new artist. This seems like a logical choice.

I hope they still release 'Who You Are' as the fifth single overseas, or at least in the UK. A live performance of that song on the X Factor could do wonders for her album sales.
                                        late.

Comment

Not good :-?

Comment

I thnk its okay, I love Jessie. dont get me wrong but she splits katy in two when it comes to :voice.
                                            & I love me some Katy Perry.

Hope this gives her the success in the US.
                                            whos laughing now is the single Europe and I love it
                                            Frank Ocean

Comment

new snippet - http://defpenradio.com/jessie-j-domino-prod-by-dr-luke/
                                              sounds like a summer anthem!!

Comment

Originally posted by glamdoll
                                                Dont be mad at me but I thought a crowd will start to shout TGIF at the end of the snippet :-?
                                                P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

Yeah, it still sounds like a "Last Friday Night" rip-off.
                                                  Originally posted by glamdoll
                                                  Well summer's drawing to a close soon, so they better hurry up!

Comment

she looks like a cheryl cole/natalia kills mash-up in that picture!
                                                    jessie's a great vocalist and songwriter, never did buy into her hype though.
                                                    loved DILAD then had an abrupt change of image with PT. that's when i stopped checking out her videos and caring about the gimmicks to market her image (to be fair she's far from gaga's level).
                                                    WYA still has some KILLER single choices: abracadabra, rainbow, the title track. i can't see the point in a re-release as it would only fuel her detractors' perception that she has been force-fed to the public since day #1. i can see why people claim she has always been bigged up as 'the next big superstar' and although there's something pretty likeable about her (jessica cornish), the jessie j persona feels quite....contradictory.

she should ditch dr. luke (a producer i really like) and stop this churning out of kesha/katy perry's b-sides. they don't do her justice and even though there seem to be chemistry between the two in the studio, they are not the new timbo & aaliyah, redone & gaga, etc.

that being sad, i wasn't expecting this to sound much different from the current dr. luke productions in the charts: last year it was all about re-hashing Tik Tok and appearently LFN is following.

i like pop jessie j and i find soul jessie j rather boring, i just don't think dr. luke is suited for her, or he simply hasn't given her the right material.
                                                    every pop prima-donna she's worked with has had a sound fleshed out for her:
                                                    KP has the sickly-sweet & the tongue-in-cheek hooks, Ke$ha is all about partying and skanky lyrics. she seems to be caught in the middle with no clear identity. shame

Comment

She still has Abracadabra and WHO YOU ARE for single treatment :x why re-release the album so sooon!
                                                      And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in those years.

Comment

This couldn't be more Katy Perry if it tried. Didn't expect Jessie to be imitating others! :(

Comment

Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues
                                                          wow she actually looks good there!
                                                          Yeah, she looks better with long hair.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV35I...embedded#at=67
                                                            Full

Great song but ... :-?
                                                            P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

Working...
                                                            X